Special Prologue Chapter: The Sixth Demon Lord
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a space that existed outside the scope of mortals were two contrasting figures: one old and one young. The one that looked old was an unfathomable existence that rarely got involved directly in the affairs of the heavens.

With his wrinkled hand, he rubbed the white hairs of his wispy beard. A smile like that of a doting father appeared on his face as he observed the entity sprawled out on the floor. The girl kicked her feet into the air. As if showing her anticipation, her feet increased in speed.

She pointed to something behind a translucent barrier. 

“Can I eat it yet?” Like an innocent child expecting a reward, her eyes glimmered with excitement. She licked her lips at the thought of how the thing would taste. “Big sis said I could eat it!

“Almost.” 

The girl frowned slightly and the movement of her feet slowed down. Even her cheeks became slightly puffed up. Still, she kept her complaints to herself. Despite these actions, the entity behind them was not a normal child. She had heterochromatic eyes of blue and pink, two sharp horns, silver gray hair, and skin as pale as snow. 

The old man turned his attention to the world below. It was a world known by the name of Paradise. It wasn’t inherently special, just one among many countless worlds. Yet, he could see cogs of casualty turning. 

The collective wills of billions of souls were entwined together. Their desires mixed together and eroded at the boundary that protected the world’s Core. The souls below were oblivious to such machinations. 

Worlds that lacked a true Guardian lacked stability. 

A loud scoff echoed throughout the room. The girl looked at the old man. His lips twitched slightly and he scratched the back of his neck. The sound didn’t come from inside the room but from a distant place in the heavens. 

The old man turned his gaze. It pierced through the countless worlds and reached two glowing orbs that blazed with fire. The old man scratched the back of his neck again. He was lost in thought. 

“Oh! Look! Look!” The girl’s ecstatic voice brought the old man’s attention back to the room. She was bouncing up and down. The boundary that protected the Core finally dissipated.  

“I can eat it, right?”

“Yes.”

She puffed up her cheeks and stood on her tippy toes. She then wagged her finger at the old man. “You weren’t lying?”

“I can’t lie.” 

“Hmm.” Despite the man’s words, she slowly walked to the Core. She stopped in front of it and looked back towards the old man. “You aren’t going to leave after I eat it… are you?”

“I will.”

“T-then… I won’t eat it!” She crossed her small arms and gave a real mean frown. She held the frown for several seconds before she felt her eyes wander back to the Core. It smelled delicious. She shook her head and reaffirmed her resolve. Nothing tasty was worth being alone!

“I will leave regardless.” The words came out like ice. 

“Shock!” The girl's mouth went wide. “Y-you said I was cute a-and…” Tears welled in her eyes.

The old man shifted in place. He oversaw the casualty of all things. He was a true transcendental being that oversaw the entirety of the universe. However, he was an observer, who rarely left his sanctum. He shifted in place and groaned before the girl, who continued to sniffle.

A black and amorphous goo-like substance bubbled up in the middle of the room. 

“Really now.” The man balanced a fishing pole on his shoulder, “This is why you should leave things to me.”

“T-two o-old men! Shock!” The sniffling of the girl slowed down in her confusion. 

The first old man ignored the girl for a second and focused on the man that just appeared. He straightened his back.

“My responsibility has greater precedent in this situation.”

“Yet, you made a child cry!~~~~” 

The man coughed. He didn’t have any excuses.

“Are you two brothers?” The girl's eyes sparkled.

“Hmm.”

“Hmm.”

The two old men pointed to each other and said, “We are the same person.”

The one with the fishing pole added, “And we aren’t thaaaat old.”

“Eeeh.” The girl couldn’t process what they were saying so she asked a question to satisfy her budding curiosity, “How old are you?”

“How old is the universe?” The one with the fishing pole asked the other one.

“The current laws were established 666 years ago… but… I don’t… you would have to ask the Original or the Keeper of Archives.” 

The two old men continued to bicker about things the girl didn’t understand, which caused her to laugh. Nonetheless, she realized that she couldn’t force the old man to stay. She wasn’t sure what he did, but it seemed like he had an important job.

“Big sis also had an important job,” she muttered these words quietly to herself. 

“It seems I was unneeded after all.” Just like how he came, one of the men disappeared.

“Go ahead now.” 

The girl ran up to the old man and hugged his leg. His wrinkled hand petted her head. It was a cozy feeling. She wanted to stay in that position, but eventually she moved back to the Core and plopped in her mouth.

“I’ll be watching.” A feeling of warmth filled the room. 

When she turned around the old man was gone. The warm feeling lingered. The girl rubbed her eyes and then clenched her fists. She resolved herself to be strong.

“Wait… this… doesn’t taste good at all!” She shouted towards the heavens. She would have spit it out if it didn’t already melt in her mouth. The after taste was even worse. She spit and stuck out her tongue, but it was to no avail. 

The taste was bad, the room was empty, and her little tummy was rumbling. She rolled on the floor feeling bloated and exhausted. 

“How long do I have to stay here anyways…” she mumbled to herself. Her mouth didn’t taste as bad anymore, but she felt the after taste of betrayal. 

“Just a few years your majesty.” A darker skinned woman with hair that was black as night appeared out of nowhere. She had a forked tail, leathery black wings, and hot pink eyes. Overall, she had a seductive appearance. As if to match that quality, the woman possessed the motif of a heart. It appeared on her black dress, at the end of her tail, and even in her pink eyes. Such a woman was now kowtowing to the little girl. 

“A few years… A FEW YEARS!” 

“Yes…”

“Wait, who are you!” 

“I’m one of your Four Heavenly Servants, the generals of your demonic legions!” The woman, still kneeling, lifted her upper body. She placed her hand across her chest. It was a gesture of solemnity; however, something jiggled. It was the only thing the little girl could pay attention to at that moment. 

The girl was mesmerized and muttered, “Boing, boing…”

“Boing?”

“WAIT!”

“Yes?”

“Your BOING BOING won’t distract me!”

“Yes?”

“You are the one who tricked me!” 

The girl knew this wasn’t true. The culprit wasn’t the old man either. It was the figure she claimed was her big sister. However, for various reasons the little girl couldn’t put the blame on the true culprit. Adding in the fact that the girl was distracted, she pointed a finger at her loyal servant. 

“Your majesty, I would never trick you.” 

“You said that it was going to be tasty!”

The woman tilted her head and then clapped her hands as if understanding finally. “Of course, the downfall of humanity will indeed be delicious!” 

“I can’t eat that!” 

“Me and your other servants will gladly bring you many wonderful treats.”

The girl's ears perked up before she crossed her arms. “Hmph. I can’t trust you!”

Three new figures appeared before the girl. They were all kneeling like the first woman. The girl refused to look at them. She ignored everything they said until she heard a noise.

Ding!

Main Quest

Congratulations! You have met your four loyal servants. It will not be long before the revival of the Demon Lord (6th) takes place. Kill the Chosen Hero and subjugate the human races underneath you. 

“I’m a good girl.” The girl frowned, “The old man even said so, and he said he can’t lie. He also said I’m cute…” 

The old man never specifically said that the young demon lord was a good girl. That was purely her misunderstanding. 

“You are indeed cute!” Her four servants shouted in unison.

“Quiet. I’m trying to think!” 

No matter how much the little girl thought about it, subjugating the human races didn’t seem like something that a good girl would do. 

Ding!

Status: ???

[Identity]

Name: ???

Level: 1

Class: Demon Lord

Race: Demon Lord

[Powers]

Gifts: Affinity for Death and Dark Attribute, Demon Lord’s Blessing  

Special Ability: Curse of Undeath, Create Dungeon, Devil’s Contract

Basic Ability: Reanimate Dead

???: Authority Over Paradise [Max]

[Achievements/Titles]

Prince of Undeath [Main]

The One who Devoured a World [Secondary]

[Stats] 

Agility: D

Dexterity: D

Endurance: F+ 

Strength: D-

Vitality: D- 

Magic:  D+ 

There were too many words the girl didn’t know to read, let alone understand. So, she just stood at the notiffaction with a blank expression. 

“Your majesty, did you get the notification as well.”

“Maybe…” She was still feeling sulky.

“We don’t have much time.”

“You said that we were stuck here for a few years!”

“That isn’t—”

“That is a really long time!” 

Once again the girl turned her head away from her four servants. They panicked and continued to try to get her attention. She ignored them. Plus, her tummy was still rumbling. Feeling drowsy, she grabbed a pillow and blanket and curled up on the floor. 

Despite the noise, the girl was beginning to drift off. 

“If we do this correctly then we will be able to kill all the humans!”

‘And I’m awake…’

She rolled over and confronted her servants. “I don’t think killing people… is right.”

Her voice grew quiet. The woman sighed in response. 

“Have you ever played a video game?”

“V-vid.. video games?”

The woman frowned but pulled out a bunch of shiny things that looked fun. The woman straightened her glasses. She wasn’t wearing glasses before, but the little girl didn’t question it. 

“Your majesty, your education begins now.” 

The seriousness of the woman’s voice caused the girl to gulp. The truth was that she had played video games before with her big sister, but she just didn’t know what they were at the time. She just knew they were fun. However, the demeanor of her servant made her question if she had misunderstood something. 

***

A few years rolled on by. Three of the Four Heavenly Servants that served the demon lord prostrated themselves in front of a woman wearing a serious expression. Her heart shaped tail was like a whip as it moved behind her. The woman tapped on her glasses as she looked past the three figures groveling. The girl had grown a bit, but perhaps in the wrong direction. 

“Die! Die! Die!” The girl's loud shouts filled the room. She occasionally giggled as she spammed buttons on her controller. She was currently beating a bunch of the demonic generals in some fighting game. Around her were wrappers of junk food. Instant noodles happened to be her favorite followed by potato chips. 

The woman sighed again. Her majesty didn’t even fold her blanket and her pillow was discarded in some random corner of the room. The demon lord had become a shut in. It wasn’t really her fault. She couldn’t leave the room even as years went by. 

To pass the time, she liked to pull pranks, play video games, and eat all kinds of snacks.

“How did this happen?” She was talking to herself but the three in front of her shivered. 

“One, stop bothering two, three, and four!” The young demon lord looked over her shoulder and grinned. She had just knocked out her opponent and was in a good mood. Seeing this, the three heavenly servants quickly hid behind their master to avoid the woman the demon lord called One. 

“Your majesty… we descend into the human world tomorrow…”

“Not another lecture,” the demon lord groaned and waved her hand, “I know the plan. Cast the Curse of Undeath upon the world and spawn kill the Chosen Hero.”

The truth was there was no way for the young demon lord to fail. She had already devoured the Core of the world and in turn the System that governed it was under her full control. 

She was undoubtedly the main character of the story, and she was fully equipped with plot armor. At least, that is what her education, composed of video games, had led her to believe. 

 

1