Chapter 14
147 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey everyone!

This story isn't forgotten and like my others, just took a hit from my IRL stuff and all. When I got back to writing, I took some time off to sort out my mind and a few things with gaps in between each chapter for each story that I'm writing currently. So, yeah, I'm multi-story tasking things! What fun! XD

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I am committed to continuing this story as long as I can though with delays, so I hope you'll be understanding of my situation in the unforeseeable future and have fun reading this wonderful chapter! =D

“Fighter Jets?” Skye asked, looking confused. “Why them? Couldn’t you just yell at them like when you yelled at that dragon that attached us when we first got to this world.”

“Uh… Yeah, I could do that,” he replied hesitantly.

Seeing his hesitation, Skye was surprised and instantly became suspicious as she asked, “Leyley, don’t tell me you only did that because you got very angry that I got hurt?”

“Well… I was angry at that time,” he admitted sheepishly.

“Come on, Leyley. Don’t tell me you can’t shout because you aren’t angry or something? Do I have to get hurt to get you to be angry enough to yell at them?” She asked worriedly.

“No! It’s not that!” He said quickly, moving over to pat her head gently. “It’s just…” he began and sighed before continuing saying, “look, Skye. Every since we came to this world, we seem to have this… unimaginable amount of power. Bottomless power even if you consider that that it’s scary.”

“Why? Wouldn’t that make us invincible?”

“It does but… to a certain extent, I believe. After all, this kind of power doesn’t come without a price tag on it, and we’re too much of an amateur to understand that.”

She blinked twice at her husband with a confused look before saying, “Leyley, how many times did I tell you to not complicate your explanations?”

“Oh. Fine!” He said heatedly. “What I’m saying is that we’re currently swimming without knowing how to swim.”

Once again, she stared at him with a puzzled face and remarked, “That… doesn’t make any sense.”

“Oh, for crying out loud!” He exclaimed with irritation. “We don’t know our own limits! You get it now, Skye?”

“Oh…!” She said, finally understanding and smiling. “I get it now. See how simple it was than your overly complicated explanation.”

“It’s not overly complicated. I was just giving… extra details… that… you probably wouldn’t need to know,” he said, with his voice becoming lower and lower until he realised how futile it all was.

Just then, his wife placed a warm hand on his shoulder and said sweetly, “If you’re so worried about where your limit ley, then let me do things for a while.”

“What?!” He exclaimed, looking shocked.

Skye pointed at herself with her thumb and said proudly, “I’m your wife. I’m your other half. What you cannot do, I’ll do it for you! So, leave this battle to me while you take rest. Got it?”

Then she beamed at him, giving him a lovely smile that which attracted him in the first place. He could vividly remember the first time he came to their village to visit his great-grandmother’s home and saw her playing with some kids in the neighbourhood and fell head over heals for her on sight. Though their bodies changed, but the smile that attracted him did not change, and he felt very content.

Skye saw him looking at her face and curiously asked, “Is there something on my face?”

“W-What?” He reacted, feeling surprised by question and not sure what had happened. “Did you say something?”

“Well, you were staring at my face fixedly so I thought something happened to me,” she said while touching her face experimentally to see if anything was wrong.

Seeing this made him smile and say, “No. You look as lovely as ever.”

She blinked in surprise by his complement before looking down and asking, “Do you mean it… about my new face… or my old face…?”

Leyton could see that she was feeling worried about the complement he gave since she was unsure whether he was referring to the present or the past. He understood her worry and smiled before walking forward, wrapping his arms her and hugging her warmly.

“You are lovely no matter how you look,” he told her in loving voice.

This made her blush crimson before looking down with an embarrassed look on her face.

“I’m glad,” she muttered, but he heard it and caused him to grin and lean forward to plant a kiss on her neck.

“Wha?!” She reacted in shock, looking up at him with his blushing face. “Why’d you do that so suddenly?”

“What can I say? You were just… lovely,” he teased his wife affectionately.

The two of them were staring at each other as it appeared that they were no longer in the present. However, it was crushed when they heard several roars of dragons and a strong gust of wind buffeting them.

“I-I’m sorry, heroes!” Veva apologised as she reacted slowly to stop the wind.

“Stupid dragon,” muttered Leyton, turning to look angrily towards the flying dragons. Then he sensed something from his wife and turned to ask her with worry, “Skye, are you okay?”

She did not respond but the air around here had changed somehow and had become filled with anger. Till now, she bowed her head down, making it difficult for them to see her expression but she lifted her head in a flash and showed them how angry she was.

In a flash, she whirled around on the spot to face the enemy dragons and yelled, “You stupid dumb animals! How dare you interrupt my lovely time with my Leyley?!”

The moment her words left her; an enormous shockwave occurred as well as a powerful blast of wind emitted from their direction. Both the wind and the shockwave surged towards the dragons and decimated both them and their rides until there was barely anything left.

Veva, Lexi and Leyon watched in shock as Skye decimated the entire flying unit of their enemies with nothing but her shout. Just exerting her angry out on them caused such a powerful release, which was even more powerful than the one Leyton unleashed when his wife got hurt.

She breathed a few times roughly before taking a deep breath and letting it out smoothly. Then she turned to face them and gave them her usual cheerful smile that was contrast to the deadly anger she expressed moment ago. In that instant, one man and two angels coincidentally thought the same thing.

“I better not make her angry at me.”

 

==== + ==== + ==== + ====

 

Closing the Book

 

“Hahahahahaha!”

The boy burst into a ridiculous laugher no sooner had he reached the end of the chapter. He just could not contain the hilarious ending the chapter.

“This is too funny!” He exclaimed, banging the table while struggling to control his laughter.

“Yes. It is,” sighed the older man wryly.

“She wiped out those dragons with nothing but her scream. One moment, all romantic, and the next, explosion of anger! This is too good! I never thought she had it in her to do something like this.”

“Well, those dragons did interrupt her lovely moment with her husband.”

“About that,” the boy said, calming down and suddenly looking annoyed. “What were they thinking flirting in the middle of a warzone? They’re too carefree!”

This made the older man laugh and earn himself a suspicious stare from the younger boy.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Oh. I just found your reaction funny. That’s all.”

“What’s so funny about my reaction?” The boy asked indignantly. “Multiple dragons were attaching and destroying their helicopters and tanks, and yet these two love birds were flirting in the middle of it all! Not to mention, these dumb angels were just standing there and staring at them like it was some kind of spectacle all the while that was happening. It’s so stupid I tell you.”

This made the older man laugh again and say, “When you’re in love, you’d understand that there are no restrictions to where and when you can flirt with your lover.”

“Maybe… but a warzone is not one of them!” The boy retorted heatedly.

“It makes for a good background for a romantic scene,” the older man said serenely.

“Now you’re being protective of the author’s weird choice having a romance should occur in such a setting.”

“It can happen if your lives are in danger and all.”

“That would be applied to the first scene where they die when their original world came to an end,” the boy argued but the older man was smiling regardless. This made the boy sigh and say, “Seriously, when will they stop being so carefree and get some seriousness?”

“But they are being serious. Didn’t Leyton express his worry about their power’s limits?”

“He did and it was a good development… but all of that went out the window the moment that romantic scene happened!”

 The older man laughed at how the younger boy was unable to let that part go.

“The only good thing that came out of it, other than the unusual romantic scene, is that Skye is really powerful! Heck! She destroyed all those dragons with relative ease!”

“She certainly is powerful,” the older man said serenely.

This made the younger boy turn towards the older man and asked, “Hey, will we see more action from her in the next chapter?”

“Why do you ask? Do you want to see more action from her?”

“Hell yes! So far, it’s been Leyton this, Leyton that! It’s starting to get boring! I want Skye to get some attention! I want her flying in the sky like her name and beat up those villains like the heroine that she is!” The younger boy said, punching his fist into the sky with a wide grin on his face.

“Oh,” the older man said, looking surprised. Then he chortled with laughter and said, “I’m glad to see you have such high opinion of her. In that case,” and he paused, causing the boy to look hopefully towards him shining eyes before finishing with, “turn to the next chapter and find out.”

For a moment, time seemed to be frozen as the younger boy had the same smile as before. Then it slowly changed to that of anger, and he rose to his feet and held the book in one hand in a threatening manner.

“I’m going to hit you with this book, you senile old man!” He exclaimed, and the older man simply laughed at how hilarious he found the whole situation to be.

Then he looked coolly at the younger boy and said, “I’m being serious. What good would it do you if I spoil the fun?”

There was a moment of pause before the younger boy breathed a sigh and sat back down heavily.

“Fine, but if she doesn’t have any attention in the next chapter, I’ll trim that beard off!” The boy threatened and opened the book to continue to the next chapter.

The older man chuckled lightly and muttered, “Fanboys are scary.”

4