Chapter 50 – Ugong
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Marcus. Remember, don't engage Ugong in close quarters. That will be your last resort if it were to happen."

"I know. Just don't get taken out so I won't have to. But we shouldn't lose, right?"

"Yeah… We mustn't, as much as possible... Please, don't lose control, it'll be a pain to deal with you and Ugong at the same time."

"Even if I did, I will be targeting Ugong anyway, since he's a bigger threat."

"I know, but after that?"

"Oh… yeah…"

"But if we're on the brink of losing... maybe you could, if its the last thing we could do."

"Got it… I'll make sure to hand his ass over to him if that happens." Marcus smiled slightly, which was spoiled by Zero's remarks.

"Nope, you'll get your shit rocked by him when that happens."

"FUCK. YOU."

Moments just after these two unleashed their full powers, the forest around them was already turned upside down. The unconscious Marcus hurled multiple constructs from various directions which Ugong was able to deal with rather comfortably while still advancing at high speeds towards the flying opponent. "You're a monster just like me! Old pal!"

Ugong, all healed up and was back at his peak, leapt forward and readied his staff to thrust. With a wave of his hand, Marcus created layers upon layers of forcefield barriers. However, it was futile, as all of them were effortlessly pierced by Ugong's staff and managed to hit him square on the chest, sending him crashing downwards.

Boom—!

However, that never actually landed thanks to the barrier around him and it only managed to push him down to the ground, but not sustaining that much damage.

"That barrier around him is much more durable, huh?" He mumbled as he descended.

Marcus recovered and began levitating once again but Ugong just goes in and rushed towards him.

Marcus slammed his hand downward and Ugong immediately felt the crushing pressure!

"Dammit! This is stronger than when he's using the staff!" He managed to withstand the sudden force but it's slowly burying him into the ground by each second that passes.

"Ahhh!!!"

The earth suddenly rumbled and rose up towards Marcus akin to a wave that's trying to swallow him whole. However, he simply pointed his palm towards its direction and it exploded, sending earth everywhere.

With Marcus distracted, Ugong hurled yellow clouds that exploded around the former, making a smokescreen for him to approach.

Whoosh—!

Ugong moved as fast as the winds and managed to sneak past Marcus' senses.

"One Vision." With Marcus fighting unconsciously and being unable to strategize, Ugong took advantage of it. He doesn't need to invoke an Oath anymore, he could just use One Vision every time he gets near.

The mana on his fingertips exploded, pushing away all mana in the vicinity, creating a vacuum which neutralizes every ability that uses mana, the mana will then attempt to correct itself by quickly filling in the vacuum but this will result in a collapse and disorder within that surrounding area. Since time and atmospheric mana are interconnected, if the flow of mana was halted in a particular area, so will time.

This feat of affecting time is incredibly difficult to achieve, either theoretically needing mana control that far surpasses the Administrators, or needing such absurd amount of mana that one could overwhelm the mana of the tower. In Ugong's case, he had the latter, and from birth, that is.

Having only two seconds to do damage, he immediately unleashed a flurry of strikes all over Marcus' body, ending it with a powerful thrust to the chest that sent him crashing towards the trees at a farther distance.

"Not enough!" Ugong immediately sprinted toward as soon as he touched the ground, not wanting to give Marcus time to recover.

With his speed, he managed to catch up while the former was still trying to get up.

He immediately tried to strike down but with a wave of Marcus' hand, he was sent flying with an absurd amount of force pushing him away.

Crash—!

"Damn… You're still kicking even though you're injured, huh?" Ugong smiled in exhilaration, though his body was now aching, he disregarded it, instead simply healing himself.

Born into the prestigious Monkey Clan from the Floor 200 and Sun Wukong's one and only heir, Ugong was privileged in terms of everything. From wealth, influence, and power.

He stomped on the earth and a boulder flew up, which he then hit with his staff towards Marcus. And since the clouds worked before, he hurled them once again, obstructing the opponent's vision.

With his senses overwhelmed, Marcus immediately dispersed the clouds but he was immediately met with a barrage of attacks upon doing so.

Fwip—!

He hurriedly waved his hand to blast Ugong away but the latter already made a very thick wall behind him to counteract this.

Bang—!

Ugong smashed against the wall and threw his staff forward forcefully. When Marcus tried to erect a forcefield in front of him after deeming it a threat, Ugong clasped his hands together.

Rumble—!

The earth rose up and quickly entrapped Marcus up until his neck, restraining him and his arms.

"Now you can't wave shit! Old pal!" Ugong jumped from the wall and immediately tried to hit Marcus on the head to try to stop his rampage after retrieving his staff by making an earthen pillar rise up towards his direction and catching it.

But at that moment, a white lightning bolt flew towards him. He had no time to dodge so he simply blocked it with his hand.

Tzzzt—!

He groaned in pain as its intensity shocked him all over his body while its force had pushed him away mid-air, forcing him back to the ground as he shakes off the lightning that's lingering on his arm.

"The heck…?" Ugong looked in horror at his hand that was disintegrating into dust.

"You seem to be forgetting about me… You bastard." Zero spoke with an irritated tone. He stood there proudly despite the gaping hole on his regal clothing. His previous wound was healed up too.

"Ah, Prince Zero. I wouldn't dare to... That lightning you've just used, it's reminiscent of His Majesty, Zeus' lightning…"

"Finally, someone who speaks of my father with respect… Yeah, it's the same thing, so?"

"Nothing… Just curious…"

"You speak as if you aren't of a much higher status than me."

"Hah..." Ugong chuckled.

Suddenly, Marcus' bind came undone as he managed to force himself out with just his mind to use telekinesis. The two of them looked in that direction with their annoyed expressions.

Crack—!

Crumble~!

"You shouldn't have interrupted me…" Ugong groaned.

"I know, I should had just let that bastard got his brains blown out… my bad, my bad." Zero shrugged.

"Two against one… well, nothing I couldn't handle…"

"Two against one my ass. That shithead will attack both of us."

"Ah… So it's a battle royale then!"

With the three of them finally being serious, a three way battle ensues!

On the other side of the forest, Andres had finished healing himself up. He still hasn't gone back there since he was analyzing something with his eyes closed while seated beside a tree…

"Oh, so that's how it works, huh?"

0