Chapter 53 – Ugong
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andres." Zero called.

"Hm?"

"During our fight with this guy… I want to try something as a last ditch effort." Zero spoke with seriousness but Marcus' sarcasm spoiled it.

"Last ditch effort? Oh yeah, you should use it immediately."

"Damn you, I'm talking seriously here!"

"Hah, I just got back at you for the previous insult."

"I'm all ears," Andres replied.

"I will make an Oath for my Supernova. This is a gamble, I'm sure you're aware of what that thing could do?"

"Of course, I've watched your battle against my brother."

"All right then. Once I'm really taken out, I'll send it towards that guy. I'll make it a ranged attack using an Oath."

"Okay, just fire it when you feel like it, I'll try to capitalize on it somehow. Or… You wait for my signal."

"And what would that be?"

"I'm not sure, there's no guaranteed thing I could use as a signal. I'll try to come up with something somehow, but fire it at your own discretion."

"Understood."

After the massive attack from Marcus, Zero was blasted so far away he arrived to the edge of the forest. The area around him was a wreck, as a result of his harsh impact, many trees along the way were felled and a massive crater from whence he crashed was form. Using the only arm which was still functional, he climbed out of it and towards the nearby, somewhat undamaged tree. Leaning against it as he pants and endured the pain.

"That piece of shit Marcus… I almost died there." He groaned in pain.

He raised his remaining arm and began converging his mana and electricity onto a single point.

Tzzzt—!

The electricity began violently reacting as it finally reached its threshold. The wind around him shook as his hair fluttered. If this was released in this area, it would most likely destroy everything in here, and possibly even hitting and severely injuring the other three with the resulting shockwave it'll make. Although the other two could certainly shrug it off thanks to their healing.

Zero then began speaking. "I want to make this a ranged attack and guarantee that it will hit Sun Ugong, in exchange, severely lower its power and output."

Zero began invoking an Oath. Although Oaths doesn't summon mana interfaces, the person activating it will know whether it will work or not through a supposed "gut feeling."

"Shit… not enough? Damn this Ugong… Fine! Take all of my remaining mana too, but not to the point it'll kill me, in exchange—" Zero paused for a moment and then rejoiced. "Fuck yes! It finally works."

He sighed to himself and spoke once again. "My job here is done, you've got it from here, Andres… Take this, you bastard monkey... Burn away, Supernova."

The singularity shot forward at an inconceivable speed as it blitzed past the trees and out to find its target.

As Zero watches it fly away, he took out a potion from his inventory.

"This is impossible…!" Ugong exclaimed in horror. He had been using One Vision five times in succession now, yet Andres really could just shrug it off. He's at his wit's end on how to win this without his trump card. "I can't land a decisive hit! His healing is always in the way!"

"What's wrong?" Andres asked nonchalantly. But under that facade, Ugong was aware. His title as the "Strongest" could be shook at any moment now.

"This guy…!" Ugong's eyes were bloodshot as he sprinted forward.

"If I can't use One Vision, I'll just grind you down into dust!"

Ugong raised both of his hands and over a hundred boulders floated up from within the earth, suspended above the trees awaiting their command.

Andres looked around him but he was unfazed. After all… "I've got your greatest strength right here."

"Die!" Ugong hammered his hand down as the boulders shot downward like meteors in an effort to hit Andres, who was able to dodge most of them and destroy others easily using the staff and its power.

The deafening sound of the endless barrage filled the entire forest. Ugong was beyond frustrated at this point. Without the staff, he realized that despite the high stats he was born with, it doesn't matter if the enemy were as skilled as Andres. But weirdly enough, he was even more exhilarated.

"This… is what I've been longing for…!" Soon, the fear was replaced with respect and excitement.

Ever since his childhood, there were no challenge in his life at all. Opponents were weak compared to him, even other God-Kins were fodders against him, he wasn't content.

He always wanted and yearned for more. He weren't able to find anyone able to satisfy him, even within the Monkey Clan. "Everyone was weak. But you… you are different." Ugong's horrified expression began twisting into a crazed smile.

"I've finally found you…! My equal!" Ugong loudly proclaimed. He leapt forward and arrived in front of Andres, immediately engaging him on close-quarters as more and more boulder were hurled towards the two of them.

Andres swats away the boulders using the staff while simultaneously engaging Ugong skillfully.

Despite himself getting beaten without landing any hit, he could still muster the strength to talk. "This is it! I've sealed my stats for this! This the kind of battle I've always wanted!"

Ugong tried increasing his speed rather than focusing on power, and for once, he finally landed a hit towards Andres' head, which while blocked with a elbow, still managed to send him stumbling a few meters away.

"Finally, you're learning. What took you so long?" Andres said while he wiped the blood from his nose.

"Hah! I may be lacking talent, but I'm still strong!" Ugong dashed forward to try to hit Andres once again, but he felt a strange vibration in the air. "What's that?!"

"That's the end of this fight." Andres teleported in front of him! He tried to throw a quick body blow but it was blocked using the staff, hurting him instead.

"Dammit!" He groaned with a pained expression.

Andres then took aim and blasted one of his legs clean off from the knee down with an energy blast, putting him out of balance before using the staff to hit his face, making him fall backwards.

Rumble—!

Suddenly, a massive spike made of flesh had bursted out of the ground, piercing through Ugong's abdomen from behind.

Rumble—! The spike continued growing upwards until he was brought higher than the tallest trees.

He shrieked in pain and immediately tried to break the tip of the spike in front of him so he'll be able to escape, but it was too tough for his punches to break.

"Why is this too tough?!" He exclaimed as he continued attacking it before realizing something.

"No... I'm losing strength…! He's absorbing my blood…?!"

He had set the Yin-Yang Healing Technique to its maximum, but the rate that this spike was absorbing his blood and strength made it so that his healing was futile.

"What to do…" Ugong racked his brains on how to escape this, but a small orb of light came up in front of him.

His instincts were screaming violently. He need to dodge! He must not get hit by this! "I'll die!"

The singularity exploded point-blank, immediately burning everything on his front side and swallowing Ugong whole.

Tzzzzt—!

The whole process was quick enough that it overwhelmed his healing that was already being weakened severely due to Andres.

The bright flash of light was visible from everywhere and a shockwave follows the explosion. The latter struck Andres but he was able to shrug it off thanks to his healing, even though it pretty much turned his insides into a mess for a brief moment.

Ugong, on the verge of blacking out once again, tried to output even more mana into healing, using the Yin-Yang Healing Technique and the natural ability of God-Kins to heal by expending mana in conjunction.

However, his healing really was futile as the absorption rate of the spike adjusted itself to match his healing, making him unable to heal while most of his body was burnt and he was steadily losing blood.

Andres then appeared in front of him through Shunpo, hovering there by using his energy boosters.

"What now? Feel like joining us?"

Ugong, finally on the verge of death, admitted defeat. "Yeah… I guess you've really won… Thank you, I'm finally satisfied."

0