Chapter 56 – Yuuki
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In order to cover up their landing, the old man fired multiple times to keep Yuuki away from them.

However, instead of dodging, he simply parried the bullets with his weapon as he moves forward.

Clang—!

Clang—!

Clang—!

"Hmph!" He continued firing to stop the opponent's advance and soon they landed back down.

Yuuki quickly sheathed back his katana and activate a new form.

[Fifth Form: Lightning Chariot]!

The air trembled and the grass were swept away as Yuuki instantly closed the distance and drew his blade towards the old man as soon as he neared him.

The lightning infused sword was reaching the old man's throat when Yuuki felt the immediate need to hop back as he narrowly avoided having a black cloud come in contact with himself.

"Damn…" He exclaimed as he landed.

"Guess I'll have to take care of DokuNeko first…" He was irritated, after all, despite them not having such high damaging attack to one-shot him, he would probably lose in a battle of attrition against these two; the most unfavorable situation a One-Shot Samurai could be in due to the build's low durability and endurance.

Although he already bought some powerful items, these two are the top members of the ranked 1 Guild from Japan, Ashura. They most likely already had a lot of items in store for many scenarios and despite his early game weakness being somewhat covered by his equipment, they could still be possessing something to deal with him. Even if it's just items that could increase their damage output, due to these two's skillsets, Yuuki's still in danger of failing this trial.

"What a pain in the ass." Yuuki dashed forward and thus switched his gaze to DokuNeko.

"Shit! This kid!" The latter hurriedly retreated as he threw forward a black cloud.

However, Yuuki countered it with the third form of Everlasting Sword.

[Third Form: Parry]

Yuuki planted his feet on the ground and a barrier made out of his blue aura appeared in front of him, and as it came in contact with the black cloud, it bounced back. It exploded onto DokuNeko's body while he retreats but it doesn't seem to have any effect on him.

"Tsk…"

[Fifth Form: Lightning Chariot]!

Yuuki sprang forward once again, instantly catching up to his opponent. He drew his electrified katana as he aimed towards the abdomen, drawing blood and leaving a gaping wound on the opponent's body but it wasn't enough to deal with the opponent in one blow.

Yuuki swung down from above, but DokuNeko was quick enough to retrieve a pair of daggers from his Inventory, enabling him to block the attack.

Clang—!

However, due to the difference in Strength stat, blocking it drove him to his knees. This allowed Yuuki to stomp on his wide-open chest, driving him down towards the ground.

Crash—!

However, before Yuuki was able to plunge his katana downward, DokuNeko had released a large amount of black smoke from all over his body. This prompted Yuuki to hurriedly hop back.

"This fucker!" Yuuki gritted his teeth and what awaits his retreat was the old man, now armed with a karambit and a pistol. "Shit…"

He twisted his body to block the karambit aimed at his neck with his weapon. However, he suffered a gunshot to the side, prompting him to create some distance.

[Eighth Form: Crescent Moon]!

Yuuki hopped back as he slashed in a semi-circular motion, leaving behind an afterimage of himself by the end of the motion as well as a purple slash visibly reminiscent of a waning moon.

The slash grazed the old man, but he didn't stop. He was wearing a contraption on his face reminiscent of a gas mask, and thus doesn't fear the poison that DokuNeko makes. While the latter could achieve different effects such as poisons that act on the skin itself with there being no need inhalation to take effect, they opted for such since it's the only thing that would not result in a friendly fire, despite it being clearly the worse option against somebody as strong as Samurai_HeroHero.

"This kid…" The old man grumbled as he gave chase. As soon as he spotted him, he opened fire to the point of emptying his magazine.

Each of these bullets are enhanced with mana, making them much more potent and lethal despite it being just a pistol. Mana allows this weapon, and by extension, its bullets to achieve greater speeds and sharpness.

Yuuki quickly turned around, halting his pace and quickly diced up the bullets before sending the last one as if hitting a ping-pong ball with an added spin to it, making its velocity much faster than when it was fired..

"Ah…!" The old man groaned in distaste as the bullet had embedded itself within his shoulder, affecting the arm which he uses the karambit with.

As this unfolded, a barrage of needles came hurling towards Yuuki. He quickly dodges most of them but due to their sheer number, he had to parry quite a number of them with his katana.

"Tsk." He then used fifth form once again, sending him blitzing away from the old man and instead towards DokuNeko.

This prompted the latter to release vast amounts of poison all around him in order to stop Yuuki. However, this didn't deter him whatsoever, instead he simply held his breath as he slashed forward. However, due to DokuNeko being able to avoid the decapitation with a duck, he simply changed the angle angle of the slash towards the ground and slashed off one of his arms, splattering blood all around them as it fell off.

Boom—! A loud rifle shot rang out and due to the lack of time to activate his aura to use the enhanced Parry, he simply blocked it with his katana with mana reinforcement.

"Shit…!" The sheer force of the bullet was enough to cause a knockback of considerable distance, thus providing a breathing space for the opponent.

A status prompt them popped up on his screen.

[Poisoned:
-10 HP every 2s.
-10 SP every 2s
Duration: 30s]

"Hah…" Yuuki sighed in frustration. "I can't deal with poisons… fuck."

Suddenly, as soon as he regains his footing, a barrage of projectiles came from every direction.

"So that's the plan?" He clicked his tongue and began dodging them skillfully. None had hit but there's another wave and there are also melee players entering the fray from all around him.

"Ashura sure is troublesome… Sending more than a dozen people to deal with me? The heck is this, Loli-sama?!"

Yuuki quickly got onto his usual battle stance and prepared in facing off these many High-tier players. Although he'd done a feat much more impressive in the Eternal World, right now, he's still unsure due to the metagame being early. He wasn't sure what kind of tricks the Ashura could pull off.

0