Chapter 15: Monster Wave (End)
193 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

A wave of monsters runs toward the shield wall in between the stone wall. Their instinct to kill any sentient being in their sight overrides their ability to think as they charge ahead toward a shield and spear wall instead of going around the wall and striking them from the flank.

After a few seconds of running, the first line of monsters crash into the shields and spears in front of them.

"Hold! Hold the line!"

Arma shouts from the middle of the formation as he takes a deep breath and says.

"Golden wall of heaven! Protector of the innocent! [Wall of Jericho]!"

After he is done with his chant, a semi-transparent golden wall appears in front of Arma and his army. This spell increases the defense of any ally holding a shield in their hands and also ensures they never get pushed back while defending for five minutes.

"Spear! Stab!"

Arma and the others stab the monster through the gap and from above. Arma continues to stab any monster in his sight, but when he sees his frontline start to get tired and full of injury, he takes a deep breath and starts to chant.

"Circle of gods, heal us! [Mass Heal]!"

A magic circle appears underneath them and heals Arma and his army. However, something happened after he cast that spell. The monster that gets too close to the magic circle turns to dust.

Something connects inside Arma's brain, and he realizes that his spell is a holy type while the monsters are creatures of darkness. The two of them did not match, and his healing spell would kill the monsters instead of healing them.

With this information in mind, Arma cast another spell.

"Wind of restoration! Come to my aid! [Spring Wind]!"

A gentle breeze passes them, and suddenly, their stamina is restored. However, Arma is not done yet.

"Face the wrath of god! [Divine Smite]!"

Arma swings his hand down, and suddenly, lightning strikes a group of monsters in the back, killing more than forty of them in an instant.

Seeing their lord giving them miracle after miracle, the morale of the soldiers rises through the roof, and they attack any monsters vigorously. The archer standing on the wall makes sure to shoot any monster that is about to jump to the back, leaping away from the formation.

Each of their shots hit the target in their weak points. They are hunters, and bows and arrows are their main weapons. Each of their shots has enough power to stop the momentum of a monster jumping at them or at the shield wall.

"Push! Don't let them push us back!"

Arma shouts as he continues to thrust his spear at the monsters in front of him while his mana regenerates so he can cast more spells. When one of the monsters manages to climb the shield wall, Arma takes out his dagger, [Tigrus' Fang], and stabs the monster. He can see the monster get electrocuted from the inside and fall to the ground, dead.

"Circle of gods, heal us! [Mass Heal]!"

The people continue to fight while Arma makes sure that his people get healed. His people might get injured, but they never fall.

Even the people who stay in the mansion to protect the weak and the old look at the fight in awe. Most of them are former soldiers in the bigger city who either retire from old age or from missing their limbs.

They know that fighting monster waves is dangerous because of the difference in strength between them and the monsters. However, with Arma buffing them and healing them, the fight only happens when an elite soldier from the capital city fights the monster wave.

However, they witness a young man carrying his men against a monster wave. It inspires them but also makes them feel ashamed of themselves. They are supposedly former soldiers, but here they are, waiting for the monster to kill all the young people who defend them on the frontline.

The fight lasts an hour before the monster starts to slow down, and the rest retreat from the village. After another minute of killing, Arma takes a deep breath and shouts.

"Victory!"

As one, the people who fight start to shout in joy and relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I release a sigh and smile a little as my people celebrate our victory. The butcher and the women work overtime to ensure all the meat can be preserved and prepared for this celebration.

Lucky for us, I bought a lot of salt from my previous journey to the city. Monster meat might not be delicious, but it was enough for my people because it was the meat that we killed. Sadly, the party will be without any alcohol because we only bought the essentials when we went to the city.

However, even without any alcohol, the people here celebrate the victory happily.

"Young master! Here! Please eat the first meat."

I blink for a second and see Cassandra walk toward me with a plate of meat. I can see that they give me the best cut of meat available from the monsters we kill. I smile at her, take the plate, and then eat one of the meats.

It is a bit chewy, but the flavor is not bad. Because the cooking technique is rather simple, the gaminess is rather stand out. However, I did not mind that, and the food was good.

"It is good."

After I say that, the woman who cooks the food cheers and starts to give the meat to others. While enjoying my meal, Sebastian walks toward me and sits next to me.

"Sebastian? What is it? Is there something I need to do?"

The old man smiles and says.

"It is nothing, my lord. I only want to thank you."

"What for?"

"Thank you for being our lord. Thank you for being a true, noble lord. Thank you for doing your noble duty."

I look at him weirdly for a few seconds before saying.

"What the hell are you saying? It is my duty. There is no need for you to thank me."

"And that is why I thank you."

"Urgh. Fine. I will accept your thanks. Anything else?"

He smiles and says.

"I never pledge my loyalty to you, right?"

"You have done that. When I accept you, you already pledge your loyalty to me."

"Ah, it was not but a word, my lord. Let me fix that."

He stands up and kneels in front of me, catching all the attention of the people around me.

"Lord Armaah Krur-I Tilpun, I, Sebastian, swear in my name, blood, and soul to be your loyal servant until the end of my breath. I shall accompany you through life's hard and soft journeys and be your servant in all those journeys. Will you accept me as your servant, my lord?"

I only sigh and put my hand on his shoulder.

"I, Armaah Krur-I Tilpun, accept you as my servant and loyal retinue! Raise, my loyal vassal."

He gets up and smiles at me. I only shake my head, but I can feel my lips form a smile.

"Now, go. Enjoy the night, you old crow."

After I said that, the people around me cheered, and the party got even louder than before.

If you want to support me and read more of my work, you can visit my Patreon Page!

16