Chapter 11: Small Timeskip
402 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I get back home and release a sigh. I lie on the bed and open my system. I press the gacha button and watch it spin. After a few seconds of spinning, it stops, and I release a sigh when I read the card that appears in front of me.

|1000 Iron Arrows| |Common|

This is great, but I need something else at the moment. We still have more than two hundred arrows we can use. As long as we take care of the arrows, they will last for a few months of constant use or a year if we do not use them constantly.

I shake my head and release another sigh.

Why, most of the time, does the system give me something for fighting? Can't it give me something useful to create a farm or something? Urgh. I cannot do anything about it and can only suck it up. I hope that in the future, it will summon something useful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Sebastian – Arma's Personal Butler|

I look out of the mansion and smile a little. This place is coming together nicely. Lord Arma is truly the blessed one.

In front of me is a small patch of a farm that Lord Arma called Potatoes and Corn. They are great plants to eat and enjoy because they can thrive in any conditions. Lord Arma's words are correct: Potatoes are a miracle plant because they can even grow in harsh places as long as you care for them.

We have already planted them near the lake, and they are growing nicely. We can harvest them in another month. I smile a little and walk out of the mansion.

Speaking of the mansion, this place has changed so much since we arrived here a month ago. We can survive on our own now and start producing something that allows us to sell it to other cities.

However, truthfully, we do not need the money. Lord Arma's blessing allows him to summon a massive amount of gold blocks that we make sure to store in the vault where only Lord Arma can open it. A dozen of one-meter-tall gold blocks are a sight to behold.

Because of these blocks, we buy more things to grow our little village. We break one of the Gold Blocks and exchange them for gold coins. The gold coins are not pure gold, after all. Not only that, you need to mark them with a special magic that brands them as real gold coins that the World Bank releases.

The World Bank is the highest entity in the world that even the strongest empire did not dare to fight. They are the ones who create our currency and the ones who force people to use it. They also make sure no counterfeiters are going around trying to sell their fake coins to the masses.

The punishment for a counterfeiter is even harsher than for a traitor stabbing the king.

Anyone can exchange gold for gold coins at any branch of the World Bank around the world. We have done that, but we have decided to exchange it far away from Thurn City, and we need to go to the city in the west. It takes us two days to reach Irton City.

We exchange more than twenty kilograms of gold for three hundred thousand gold coins. Because of this, we buy more horses, camels, and other farm animals like chickens and sheep.

I shake my head and leave the mansion to see the people chatting happily.

I wave my hand and walk to a glass building near the lake. This one is what Lord Arma called a Greenhouse. His blessing summoned this thing, and it let us plant many kinds of things. Anything that we plant here will grow five times faster, and when I get inside, I can already see people harvesting the potatoes and tomatoes.

At first, we thought the tomatoes were nightshade, a poisonous plant, but Lord Arma assured us that it was not the case. We should know it better. Everything that he summons is something that will help us rather than kill us.

I shake my head and say.

"How is the harvest?"

The people look at me and a young woman that Lord Arma helps walk forward before saying.

"It is doing great, Butler Sebastian. The tomatoes are plump, juicy, and sweet. We can sell them to the merchant that will arrive here tomorrow."

"Great. Lord Arma has worked hard to create a good relationship with the Oxpost Village. We need to ensure his hard work did not go in vain."

"Of course, Butler Sebastian!"

"Ah, before I forget. Can you take twelve tomatoes for Lord Arma? Make sure it has to be the biggest one, okay?"

"Of course. Nothing but the best for him."

I nod in satisfaction and walk toward the lake, where Lord Arma is lying on the ground with Cassandra sitting on his side. When I get closer, I can see Lord Arma sitting down and saying.

"Sebastian! What can I do for you?"

I smile at him and say.

"My lord. There is a letter coming from Irton City."

"Really? What do they want?"

I give him the letter and see him read the letter. After a few seconds, he nods and says.

"They want to buy our monster's hide and scales. It looks like Lord of Irton already heard of our trade with Oxpost Village, and they also want to buy our hide and scales."

"That is good news!"

"Yup. We need a new buyer with Oxpost Village not needing our monster product. With this, we can sell the ever-increasing monster parts."

Ah, that is right. This place is full of monsters because there are no soldiers patrolling this area. I wonder why Lord Tipun did not send his troops nearby to exterminate the monster. Ah, I'm wrong to say it like that.

The right question is why those people easily fool Lord Tipun. I have been working with a tyrant noble, and while Lord Tilpun is not that kind of Lord, his ignorance of his surroundings makes him stand alongside the tyrant I once served.

"Speaking of monsters, should we continue patrolling the area?"

"Hmmmm… No. Let's get the others to rest for today and tomorrow. They have been working hard for the past week and deserve their rest. However, the day after tomorrow, I need them to get ready. We will go to Irton City."

"Can I ask the reason why?"

"We need to buy some beer and wine. Do you remember what kind of day is next weekend?"

I think for a few seconds and say.

"Ah! Moon Goddess Festival."

27