Web of Deceit
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girls woke up promptly at 5:00 AM, preparing for a stealthy exit. "Remember, we're sneaking out this morning for recon, then we'll sneak back in. Later tonight, during curfew, we'll sneak out again," Paris instructed. With a collective nod of understanding, they set off on their mission. Thanks to a glyph that Darling had cast, they were able to exit their room undetected.

 

Once they were safely out of the school zone, they ventured into the nearby woods. Pearl, sensing Darling's unease, teased, "If you're scared, Darling, I could always protect you." Unamused, Darling retorted, "Shut up, Pearl!" However, their banter was cut short by the sound of distant voices.

 

Cautiously, they ducked down, trying to discern who was speaking. It was Morrisa, conversing with a man they recognized as Felix. 

 

"Felix, keep your focus on the plan!" Morrisa chided. 

 

"I am! But these woods are unnerving me. Couldn't we have met up at my lair instead?" Felix complained. 

 

"No, I need to keep a close eye on those girls," Morrisa insisted.

 

Felix seemed perplexed. "What's your obsession with them? They're just 16-year-olds that you've framed for murder," he pointed out.

 

"I don't care about their age. I sense their collective power. They're going to be like their parents, I can feel it. But we'll discuss that later. Are you meeting with the others today?" Morrisa queried.

 

"Yes, tonight. The Dark gang and some others are coming to the lair. I've persuaded them to work for us. If they agree, the plan will proceed smoothly," Felix confirmed.

 

"They will. I'll speak to the bartender at the JJ club and bring him to our side, too. We'll reconvene here at the same time next week," Morrisa concluded.

 

Having heard enough, the girls silently retreated, making their way back to the school and successfully sneaking back into their room.

 

"So, Morrisa is working with Felix, and they're meeting with a group of people tonight," Paris recapped.

 

"Tonight, we'll leave the dorm and investigate. We also need answers from that bartender at the JJ club," Marvella added.

 

"I can handle that. I actually know someone at the club," Pearl volunteered.

 

"Alright, that's settled then. We have our plan for tonight," Paris finalized, her determination echoing in the room.

 

The School of Saving's hallways were teeming with students, the air buzzing with energy and chatter. Amidst this scene of organized chaos, Terrance stood, his hands fiddling with the strap of his bag, his eyes darting nervously around the crowd.

 

Suddenly, the crowd parted as a confident figure strode forward. Alexandra, with her striking features and air of assurance, was a beacon amidst the sea of students. She approached Terrance, a warm smile playing on her lips.

 

"Hey, leader," she greeted, her voice carrying a note of respect and a hint of teasing. Her eyes twinkled with amusement as she noticed Terrance's startled expression.

 

"Alexandra," Terrance responded, his voice shaky. Being the new team leader with Bellamy and Nora was already overwhelming, and Alexandra's presence was doing nothing to calm his nerves.

 

Alexandra, aware of Terrance's discomfort yet also of their unspoken feelings for each other, decided to lighten the mood. She stepped closer to Terrance, causing his heartbeat to accelerate.

 

With a swift, graceful motion, Alexandra leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to Terrance's cheek. His eyes widened behind his glasses, his cheeks flushing a deep shade of red. Alexandra stepped back, her confident smirk softening into a gentle smile.

 

"Consider that a congratulatory kiss, leader," she said, her tone playful yet sincere. "You're doing a great job."

 

Terrance, still processing what just happened, touched his cheek where her lips had been. He looked at Alexandra, who was now retreating back into the crowd. His heart pounded in his chest, his mind racing.

 

The hallway was once again filled with the hustle and bustle of students, but for Terrance, everything seemed a lot brighter. The small, sweet moment had left him with a sense of joy and anticipation of what their shared future as team leaders - and perhaps something more - could hold.

 

As the teacher walked into the shared classroom of Paris, Marvella, Darling, and Pearl, she began her lesson, her voice filling the room. The girls sat at their usual spots, their attention divided between the lecture and each other.

 

Paris sat next to Marvella, stealing glances at her as she scribbled down notes. Paris had a crush on Marvella, a fact she was painfully aware of, even if Marvella seemed oblivious. Yet, that didn't deter Paris. She admired Marvella's strength, her intelligence, and the way her eyes lit up when she understood a complex concept.

 

Meanwhile, at the back of the classroom, Pearl was subtly flirting with Darling, who was trying to focus on the lecture. Darling found Pearl's attention annoying, yet there was a part of her that found it amusing, even endearing.

 

Taking a deep breath, Paris decided to make a small move. She leaned closer to Marvella, pointing to a part of her notes. "I didn't quite get this part. Could you explain it to me?" she asked, her heart pounding in her chest.

 

Marvella turned to her, a soft smile on her face. "Of course, Paris," she said, her voice gentle. She leaned in to explain, her face close to Paris's. For a moment, Paris was lost in Marvella's eyes, her heart fluttering at the closeness.

 

As Marvella explained the concept, her hand accidentally brushed against Paris's. Both of them paused for a moment, their eyes meeting. Paris felt her cheeks heat up, and Marvella seemed surprised, yet she didn't pull her hand away.

 

Instead, she gave Paris a reassuring squeeze, her smile warming Paris's heart. "You got it?" she asked, her voice a whisper.

 

Paris nodded, her heart fluttering at Marvella's touch. "Yeah, I got it," she replied, her voice barely audible. She knew she was talking about more than just the lesson.

 

The classroom buzzed with the teacher's voice and the scribbling of notes, but for Paris, everything was drowned out by the sound of her racing heart. This was a small, precious moment, a sweet memory that she would cherish. It was a tiny step, but for Paris, it was enough. For now.

 

As dusk settled, the girls found themselves back in their room, gearing up to sneak out once again. Each was dressed in an outfit that reflected their unique style:

 

- **Darling** sported a black bralette, revealing a hint of her midriff, paired with a blue and white leather jacket, black cargo pants, and black boot heels.

- **Marvella**, consistent with her penchant for darker tones, donned an all-black ensemble: a black shirt, a black skirt, and white boots. 

- **Paris** opted for a more somber look than her usual attire, wearing a dark green shirt, dark tan pants, and sneakers. 

- **Pearl** chose a tan-yellow shirt, black pants, and black sneakers. 

 

"We look good!" Darling declared, admiring their collective appearance.

 

Paris then detailed their plan, "Darling and I will seek further clues about Morrisa. Marvella and Pearl will attend the meeting, and later, we'll all rendezvous at the club."

 

Pearl was about to concur when an unexpected noise from their window caught their attention. Looking outside, they saw Nora, Bellamy, Jinx, Terrance, and Alexandra floating on an object, manipulated by Alexandra's gravitational powers.

 

"What are you guys doing here?" Paris questioned, taken aback.

 

"To assist with the plan! We promised to aid you with everything, remember?" Jinx refuted, as they all entered the room.

 

"Alright, you can join. But this means we'll have to adjust our plan," Paris agreed.

 

Marvella proposed, "Jinx and I can attend the meeting. We've had experience with gangs before."

 

Pearl chimed in, "Terrance can accompany me to the club!"

 

Terrance retorted with evident apprehension, "Oh no!"

 

Pearl was insistent, "Oh yes!" Terrance was always wary of venturing anywhere with Pearl due to her unpredictable nature.

 

Paris continued outlining the revised plan, "Then Darling and I will continue our investigation for clues. Nora, Alexandra, and Bellamy, we need you to keep watch for us."

 

"We're on it," Alexandra affirmed.

 

"You can rely on us!" Nora added enthusiastically.

 

"Alright, that's the plan! Let's get moving!" Paris concluded, setting the plan into motion.


1