The Calm Before The Storm
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deep within their hidden lair, Morrisa and Felix were in the midst of a crucial discussion. "So, everything's ready?" Morrisa queried, her icy gaze fixed on Felix.

 

"Of course," Felix affirmed confidently, "The monsters are primed and ready to attack."

 

A cruel smile tugged at the corners of Morrisa's lips. "Excellent," she purred, "Tonight is the night."

 

Meanwhile, in the Vampire Town, Mabel was abruptly jolted awake from a haunting nightmare. Her scream echoed through the dark corridors, drawing the attention of her guard. Rushing into her room, he found her visibly shaken.

 

"Queen, are you okay?" the guard asked with concern etched in his voice.

 

"Yes, it was just a bad dream," Mabel managed to say, attempting to steady her racing heart.

 

"Alright. Your mother would like to speak with you," the guard informed her before departing.

 

Promising to be there shortly, Mabel freshened up and headed downstairs. "Mother," Mabel greeted as she entered the room.

 

"Mabel! My firstborn. I was selecting colors for Darling and Xavier's wedding. I know we said we'd wait until they graduate, but if you and your brother are getting them out of that school, they don’t need to worry about education anymore. They can go ahead with the wedding," Mabel's mother unveiled her plans enthusiastically.

 

"Mother, they are 16. They shouldn’t be forced into thinking about marriage, especially when the deal was made even before they were born!" Mabel protested, her disapproval evident.

 

"Mabel, Darling is one of a kind! She and Xavier are a perfect match! They should proceed with the wedding!" her mother rebutted, her determination unwavering.

 

Frustrated, Mabel walked away, ignoring her mother's call to not leave in the middle of the conversation. She retreated to Sunshine's room, where her younger daughter was engrossed in her phone.

 

"Hey, Sunny!" Mabel greeted, attempting to mask her frustration.

 

"Hey, Mom!" Sunshine returned the greeting, setting her phone aside. Noticing Mabel's tense demeanor, she asked, "Is everything alright?"

 

Mabel sighed. "I had a dream... something bad is going to happen where Darling and Terrance  are. I think it has something to do with Morrisa. I'm considering calling Gary and checking on things."

 

Sunshine's face lit up with concern and excitement. "I can come too!" she offered eagerly.

 

But Mabel was quick to dismiss the idea. "Sunshine, you're only 14," she reminded her.

 

"But I've got my weapon!" Sunshine argued.

 

"Which you still need training for. When we get Darling out, she'll help you with that," Mabel countered, managing to pacify her young daughter.

 

Sunshine rolled her eyes but eventually agreed with her mother. After a comforting hug and a kiss on the forehead, Mabel set off from the Vampire Kingdom, leaving Sunshine behind.

 

"No sign of Morrisa in the forest or anywhere else," Jinx reported, scanning the area one last time before turning to Paris.

 

"She has to be somewhere!" Paris exclaimed, her worry evident in her voice.

 

Pearl placed a comforting hand on her sister's shoulder. "Paris, don’t stress yourself out about it, okay?"

 

"Morrisa could be anywhere, Pearl! We need to stay on guard at all costs!" Paris retorted, her determination unwavering.

 

"I understand, but don’t stress yourself out! I don’t want you to be weak on the battlefield if she does show up," Pearl reasoned, her voice filled with concern.

 

Paris didn't want to argue with her sister, especially since she was making a valid point. "Okay, you're right," Paris conceded, earning a smile from Pearl.

 

As they moved inside to check on the others, they ran into Robin. "Hey, Robin!" Pearl greeted, her tone lightening up a bit.

 

"Hey girls, any sign of Morrisa?" Robin asked, looking between the two of them.

 

"No. But we're still looking. However, we're not stressing ourselves out," Paris reassured her, remembering Pearl's advice.

 

"That’s good! I'm getting all the students ready just in case. It's always good to be prepared!" Robin responded, her voice echoing with authority before she walked away, leaving the sisters alone once again.

 

Meanwhile, Darling and Xavier were ambling through the campus, an uncomfortable silence hanging in the air between them. Xavier eventually broke the silence, his voice hesitant. "Darling...I have to tell you something."

 

"Okay, what is it?" Darling asked, turning to face him, her eyes filled with curiosity.

 

Xavier took a deep breath, steeling himself for the confession. "I'm not going to beat around the bush, so I'm just going to say it. I'm gay!" he blurted out.

 

Darling looked taken aback, her eyes wide with surprise. Xavier hastily continued, "What I mean is, I think we should break up because I'm not attracted to girls."

 

Darling's surprise morphed into relief. The boy she had been told for years would be her future husband was gay. She wasn't upset or angry; instead, she felt a wave of relief wash over her. The prospect of a forced marriage no longer loomed over her.

 

"Are you mad?" Xavier asked, a note of worry creeping into his voice.

 

"Of course not. I’m happy for you, Xavier!" Darling exclaimed, hugging him tightly.

 

Xavier looked surprised. "Wow, I didn't think you'd accept it because of your family."

 

Darling shrugged, a small smile on her face. "That's my grandmother's thinking, not my mother's. I'm sure she'll work something out."

 

"Thank you, Darling. For your support," Xavier said, visibly relieved.

 

Darling smiled at him, and they resumed their walk. The tension had diffused, and they now strolled side by side, not as a couple, but as friends.

 

Emerging from his office, Dean looked visibly worn. "Dean, are you okay?" Robin asked, concern etching her features.

 

Dean managed a weak nod. "Yes, I've decided to hold a memorial for Nadine with the students. Afterwards, I plan to go home and be with my family during this difficult time. That means I'd like you to run the school until I feel ready to return," he explained, his voice steady despite the emotional turmoil beneath.

 

"Of course! I'll gather all the students in the auditorium," Robin immediately assured him, ready to take on the responsibility.

 

Principal Dean nodded, his gaze distant as he processed the reality of his situation. "Thank you, Robin. I appreciate your support."

 

With that, Dean retreated back to his office, leaving Robin to prepare for the upcoming memorial service. As she walked away, she swiftly sent a message to all the students, informing them of the memorial service for Nadine. Their school was about to face a somber moment of remembrance and unity.

 

Gary had returned to the school and was sitting outside, lost in thought, when Mabel arrived. Taken aback, he asked, "Mabel? What are you doing here?"

 

"I have a feeling that Morrisa is coming here," Mabel revealed, her face reflecting her concern.

 

Gary nodded understandingly. "Yeah, Paris said she wants to get ready to fight. She also has a feeling that Morrisa is coming. So all the students are preparing," he informed her.

 

"Okay. But I don’t want these students to fight her. Morrisa is strong. They don’t know what they're getting into," Mabel expressed, concern seeping into her voice.

 

Gary tried to reassure her. "I know, but we're also going to help them along with Robin. So, I think we're in good hands."

 

Mabel nodded in agreement, seemingly placated by Gary's words. "What are all the students doing?" she then inquired.

 

"They're having a memorial for that girl Nadine, whom Morrisa killed," Gary replied, his voice softening.

 

Mabel's face fell at the news. "So sad. That poor girl lost her life to that monster. Let’s go in. I would like to show my condolences," she suggested, her tone somber.

 

With that, they both made their way towards the auditorium, ready to join the others in remembering and honoring Nadine's life.

 

The auditorium was filled with students, their faces solemn and their hearts heavy with grief. They sat quietly, waiting for the service to begin. The usually bustling auditorium was silent, the air thick with mourning.

 

Principal Dean walked onto the stage, his steps slow and heavy. He stood behind the podium, his gaze sweeping over the sea of students. He took a deep breath, his voice echoing in the silent auditorium. 

 

"Nadine was a shining star in our school. Her kindness, her spirit, her intelligence, they all made her a joy to be around. She was a friend to many, and she will be deeply missed."

 

His voice broke on the last sentence, tears welling in his eyes. The auditorium remained silent, the weight of his words sinking into everyone's hearts.

 

A small group of students stepped onto the stage, their faces solemn as they prepared to sing. Their voices rose in a haunting melody, a final tribute to their departed friend. The song was a poignant reminder of Nadine's life, her spirit, and her impact on those around her.

 

In the audience, Paris sat quietly, her eyes vacant as she listened to the song. Beside her, Pearl sat, her hand gently resting on Paris's. The pain of losing Nadine was still raw, the wound fresh. But Pearl stayed strong, offering her sister the comfort she needed.

 

Nora sat, her heart heavy with grief. Beside her, Bellamy held her hand, his grip firm yet comforting. His presence was a balm to her sorrow, a pillar of strength she could lean on.

 

As the song ended, the students returned to their seats, their tribute to Nadine complete. The service continued, with students sharing their memories of Nadine, their voices choked with emotion. But throughout it all, Paris remained silent, her grief too overwhelming to voice.

 

Finally, the service came to an end. The students rose, their hearts heavy with grief, and slowly filed out of the auditorium. But Paris remained seated, her gaze fixed on the empty stage. 

 

When the auditorium was empty, Paris finally rose from her seat. She walked onto the stage, her steps slow and heavy. She stood behind the podium, her gaze fixed on the empty auditorium.

 

"I'm sorry, Nadine," she whispered, her voice echoing in the empty auditorium. "I'm so, so sorry."

 

Her words hung in the air, a silent confession of her guilt and grief. But even as she stood alone in the auditorium, she knew she wasn't alone in her sorrow. She knew they were all grieving, all mourning the loss of their friend.

 

And so, as the last echoes of her apology faded away, Paris walked away, her heart heavy with grief. But she walked with a determination, a resolve to seek justice for Nadine, to make her friend's death not in vain.

 

The auditorium was left in silence, a solemn testament to the life and spirit of Nadine. The memory of the service, the song, the heartfelt confessions, they all lingered, a poignant reminder of the girl they had lost. Their grief was shared, their sorrow collective. And in their shared grief, they found a sense of unity, a shared resolve to seek justice for Nadine.

 

"Mom! What are you doing here?" Darling exclaimed as she spotted Mabel outside the auditorium. She quickly crossed the distance between them and embraced her mother in a warm hug.

 

"I'm here to check on things with Morrisa and everything," Mabel explained, returning her daughter's embrace.

 

"Well, no signs yet, but we're all getting ready," Darling informed her, pulling back slightly from the hug.

 

"Hey Auntie!" Terrance greeted as he approached Mabel.

 

"Terrance!" Mabel responded, also hugging Terrance warmly. There was a brief, silent exchange of looks between Terrance and Darling, but no words passed between them. The air was still tense from their recent argument.

 

Changing the subject, Darling suggested, "Anyways, I could use some coffee. Any of you want to come with me?"

 

"I can come, but I'll get tea instead," Marvella offered.

 

"Okay, anyone else?" Darling asked, looking around at the others. When everyone else declined, Darling and Marvella walked off together, leaving the rest of the group behind.

 

Stepping into the cool outdoors, Terrance made his way towards Alexandra, who was standing alone, bathed in the soft glow of the setting sun. A nervous blush crept onto his cheeks as he approached her, his heart pounding with anticipation.

 

"Hey," he greeted her, his voice a little shaky from the nerves. His eyes met hers, revealing his unspoken feelings.

 

Alexandra turned to face him, a mirror blush blooming on her own cheeks as she returned his greeting. "Hey," she replied, her voice gentle, mirroring the softness in her eyes.

 

Their shared blushes and shy greetings added a layer of silent understanding between them, hinting at the deeper feelings they were yet to voice."So, I've been meaning to talk to you," Terrance began, his heart pounding in his chest. He had been rehearsing this moment in his head for so long, but now that he was here, he found himself at a loss for words.

 

Alexandra smiled at him, her eyes warm and understanding. "I've been wanting to talk to you too, Terrance."

 

He took a deep breath, steeling himself. "Alexandra, I... I've had feelings for you for a long time. And I think..."

 

He was interrupted by a sudden, loud roar that echoed through the school grounds. Both Terrance and Alexandra turned towards the sound, their eyes widening in shock as they saw a group of monstrous creatures advancing towards them.

 

Leading the creatures was Morrisa, a cruel smile on her face as she watched the chaos unfold. "Looks like it's showtime, kids," she shouted, her voice filled with malicious glee.

 

Terrance and Alexandra shared a worried glance before they were snapped out of their surprise by another voice. It was Paris, her expression grim as she stepped forward, her gaze fixed on Morrisa.

 

"It looks like it's time for war," she declared, her voice echoing in the silence that followed the monstrous roar.

 

The moment of confession was interrupted, the romantic tension replaced by an impending sense of doom. But even as they prepared to face the monstrous onslaught, Terrance and Alexandra shared a glance, a silent promise that they would return to their unfinished confession, once the war was over.

 

Author Note:

Two more chapters! What you think going to happen?

 

0