Preface
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Saga of a New World is a unique story written in a unique way. In a normal novel, the author plans a story and determines what challenges characters face and how they are resolved. Instead of this mundane approach, this fantasy story works with a set of rigid rules that determine how challenges are resolved, not unlike a pen-and-paper role-playing game. As a matter of fact, the rules used to adjudicate Astrid and other characters’ actions are inspired by Dungeons & Dragons. This means that the author role-plays the characters. First, a challenge appears. Factoring in their personality, the author decides what course of action would make the most sense for a character in that situation. However, whenever they perform an action where failure is an option (such as when they climb a rope or fire a gun at a target) dice are thrown to determine whether their attempt succeeds or not. This means it is not the author that decides whether Fynn hits the target he’s shooting at, but chance. This creates an unpredictable story where a good roll can save the characters from certain doom and a single bad one can ruin a perfect plan.

At the end of this book, you will find illustrations and descriptions of the creatures and humanoid species featured in this story. If you would like to know more about the New World, or perhaps even create your own story within it, visit: www.saga-of-a-new-world.com

I hope you enjoy this unique experience.

 

2