1. Ten Stage of Body Training
115 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Dragon Abyss Province of the Great Li Dynasty, within the "All-Encompassing Garden" of the Fang family, the first major family in the region, morning fog still lingers as a group of young members of the Fang family begin their morning martial arts practice.

The head of the Fang family is the governor of Dragon Abyss Province. The ancestors of the Fang family originated from one of the top ten immortal sects, the Feather Ascension Sect, a hundred years ago. They later followed the founding emperor of the Great Li Dynasty to unify the emperor.

Dragon Abyss Province, with its name suggesting "a hidden dragon in the abyss," was originally the capital of the previous dynasty. After the founding of the Great Li Dynasty, there were plans to make it the capital. However, due to the heavy humidity in the area, the idea of establishing the capital there was ultimately abandoned.

The Great Li Dynasty is associated with the element of fire, as "Li" pertains to fire. Water suppresses fire, making Dragon Abyss an unsuitable location for the capital. Hence, the capital was established in the south, in "Li Jing" (Fire Capital).

However, the fact that the imperial court entrusted the Fang family with the governance of this ancient capital from the previous dynasty indicates the high level of trust and favor they have for the Fang family.

Exactly for this reason, the Fang family is prestigious, and their mansion covers thousands of acres. Inside, there are numerous courtyards and countless gardens. A common person entering the estate would undoubtedly get lost and have difficulty finding their way out.

The name of the garden within the Fang family's estate reflects this complexity.

"All-Encompassing Garden" suggests that it contains a myriad of things.

Thud, thud, thud...

The sound of fists whistling through the air creates ripples in the atmosphere.

These young members move with agility, resembling fierce tigers hunting sheep, lions pouncing on wild bulls, eagles striking white rabbits, and cranes perched atop pine trees. Their entire movements are coordinated through their waist and hips, demonstrating agility and sharpness.

Especially noteworthy is how their four limbs and main spine move in harmony, as if they are five fully drawn bows. Their punches and kicks shoot out like arrows and fall like the wind, revealing a strong foundation.

However, at this moment, a pair of eyes is secretly watching their every move from the dark.

The owner of these eyes is a 16-year-old young man, with delicate eyebrows and clear eyes, dressed in grey clothes and a small hat.

"A month ago, by luck I found this sewer that actually leads directly to the mud underneath this inner courtyard's all-comissing graden. If it weren't for this, there's no way I could sneak into the inner courtyard to learn martial arts. If I get caught, it's a dead end... But I, Fang Han, have to become strong person to break free from servant status."

Fang Han is carefully observing the movements of these young members of the Fang family. Every gesture and movement is etched into his memory.

He's secretly learning their martial arts techniques.

Fang Han is a young servant in the Fang family.

His father was also a servant in the Fang family. Therefore, from the moment of his birth, he was destined to be a servant to the Fang family, and this fate would likely extend to his descendants, serving the Fang family for generations to come.

For a lowly servant like him to sneak into the inner estate and steal the martial arts secrets of his masters is an incredibly daring and reckless act, bordering on a complete disregard for his own life.

"Here it comes!"

Fang Han spots a middle-aged man wearing a purple robe appearing in the distant martial arts training ground. He instantly freezes, not daring to make a move.

This middle-aged man in a purple robe stands nine feet tall, towering and majestic, with a straight back like a sword or spear. He seems like a mountain exerting pressure, and although there is a considerable distance between them, Fang Han feels as if he should stop breathing.

This is one of the Fang family's experts, "Giant Spirit Hand" Fang Tong! He has a formidable reputation that resonates throughout the land, both north and south of the river. He is here to teach the Fang family's young disciples advanced martial arts.

"In the official hierarchy, there are nine ranks, a first-rank Prime Minister, down to a ninth-rank local inspector! In our Body Training Realm, however, there are ten stage!

The first stage is Health of The Body, The second stage is Physical Strength Training of The Body, The third stage is Mastering Techniques, The fourth stage is Hardness and Softness of The Body, The fifth stage is Power of The Body, The sixth stage is Breath of The Body, The seventh stage is Internal Strength of The Body, The eight stage is Spirit of The Body, The ninth stage is Spirtual Awakening of The Body, and Tenth stage is Spirtual Transformation of The Body."

As soon as "Giant Spirit Hand" Fang Tong, dressed in his purple robe, appears, all the Fang family disciples in the training ground immediately stop their movements. They stand upright, attentively listening to his lecture.

Fang Han also pricks up his ears, listening carefully.

"If you cultivate your physical body to the tenth level, the realm of spiritual transformation, even five horses cannot tear you apart! Back in the day, one of our Fang family ancestors was captured by enemy forces and was about to be executed by being torn apart by five horses. However, by exerting his full bodily strength, he pulled down the five horses and managed to escape. This is the power you gain when you cultivate your physical body to the tenth level of spiritual transformation!"

The voice of "Giant Spirit Hand" Fang Tong resonates like a giant bell, its force coming through with the weight of a thousand pounds. The sound is so powerful that it makes Fang Han's eardrums tingle, as if they are about to burst.

"Hm, as I guess, this is Cultivation World," Fang Han wasn't sure about this before but now hearing the physical realm of body, he was certain this is cultivation world. 

"However! Don't think that the tenth level of spiritual transformation is the limit; it's just the beginning. Our Fang family ancestors were once instructed by the immortals of the Feather Ascension Sect, so we are different from other families. We know that beyond the realm of Body Training, there are the secret stages of the realm of spiritual powers! Only by breaking free from the limitations of the physical body and stepping into these Realms of Spirtual Powers can you truly dominate the world, attain positions comparable to kings and lords, and bring glory to our Fang family."

"Body Training Realm, Realm of Spiritual Powers!" Fang Han silently repeats these words, as if embedding them deeply into his mind.

Listening to these words, Fang Han understand the realm of this cultivation world. He's been sneaking peeks at martial arts training here every morning but has never heard such discourse. The ten realms that Giant Spirit Hand Fang Tong talked about are now clearly laid out as individual steps in his mind.

"What is the Spiritual Powers?"

Just then, one of the Fang family disciples asked.

"The so-called Spiritual Powers mean breaking through the world as commonly understood by ordinary people!"

As Giant Spirit Hand Fang Tong spoke, a serious expression also appeared in his eyes: "For example, if you train your physical martial arts to the limit, you can tear apart tigers and leopards, and lift a thousand-pound cauldron. But can you lift yourself up by grabbing your own hair?"

"Lifting oneself up by one's own hair. How could that be possible? It's obviously impossible and goes against normal reasoning."

Another disciple quickly chimed in.

"It's possible. In cultivation world even destroying whole universe is possible," Fang Han muttered to himself.

"Accomplishing the impossible is what we call Spirtual Powers! Otherwise, what would you call Spirtual Powers?" The voice of the man in the purple robe boomed like a stern reprimand.

"Breaking the world as ordinary people understand it, that's Spiritual Powers! Lifting oneself up is a watershed moment for entering the Realm of Spiritual Powers. Beyond that, there are various other spiritual abilities like spitting water and fire, levitating, controlling thunder and lightning, and flying swordsmanship... these are all methods within the Realm of Spiritual Powers."

"Then Uncle Tong, have you reached the Realm of Spiritual Powers?" The disciples of the Fang family started asking one after another.

"The Realm of Spiritual Powers is not to be taken lightly. Those who can step into this realm are all extraordinary individuals. As for me, I have only cultivated to the eighth level of the Body Training Realm, called ' Spirit of The Body.' If any of you can cultivate to the Realm of Spirtual Powers, then I can confidently say that the position of the Fang family's head will be yours! Moreover, the Great Li Dynasty will grant you an extremely high noble title to win you over!"

"Going from the Body Training Realm to the Realm of Spirtual Powers is harder than ascending to the heavens! If any of you can cultivate to the fifth level of the Body Training Realm, called 'Power of The Body,' within three years, where you can pull a thousand-pound bow and possess the strength of a horse, then that would already be a joyous occasion for our Fang family. Alright, I told you all these legendary things today to broaden your horizons and boost your confidence in your arduous cultivation! So that you know the future holds boundless prospects and unlimited wealth and honor!"

Giant Spirit Hand Fang Tong ordered, "Start practicing Pine Crane Longevity Fist now! This is a high-level body cultivation technique that our Fang family ancestors received from the immortal sages of the Feather Ascension Sect. You must thoroughly understand its essence and nuances, and I will explain it to each of you! Remember, you must cultivate your physical body to its limits before you can step into the Realm of Spiritual Powers. As our Fang family ancestors said, Spiritual Powers are mysterious forces generated in the brain, called 'Mana.' So-called 'boundless spiritual powers and limitless mana' only occur when the physical body is strong enough, allowing the heart to supply a huge amount of blood and nutrients to the brain, from which Mana will be generated. Without a strong physical body, any discussion of Spiritual Powers is meaningless."

"Pine Crane Longevity Fist..."

Fang Han forcibly suppressed the excitement in his heart, sneaking glances......

In less than half an hour, Fang Han secretly listened to Fang Tong explaining, and suddenly integrated the experience of secretly learning martial arts for a month, understanding the principles of body training realm.

Body Training Realm cultivation is divided into ten stage.

The first stage is Health, which is about maintaining abundant energy through regular, good eating habits, sleep, and other forms of self-care.

The second stage is Physical Strength Training, which is achieved through running, weightlifting, jumping, punching sandbags, kicking, squatting, somersaulting, walking on plum blossom piles, etc. Through these hundreds of methods, you can train the muscles in your limbs and abdomen to be full and powerful, greatly surpassing the strength and flexibility of an average person.

The third stage is techniques. This involves practicing various techniques to link the strength in your limbs and abdomen, align your skeleton, and balance your breath, forming an integrated whole.

The fourth stage is hardness and softness. The strength throughout the body, from the waist and legs to the spine and shoulders, to the elbows, wrists, and palms, is unified into one flow, balancing both qi and blood. You can be as soft or as hard as you want, achieving a perfect balance between hardness and softness. Flexibility and coordination reach an extreme level. You move like the wind and land like an arrow, with agility comparable to that of a civet or a monkey.

The fifth stage is Power. After achieving a balance of hardness and softness throughout the body, further training will make your physique increasingly stronger. You'll possess immense strength, like a galloping horse. When you move, every part of your body operates like a well-trained army, swift and decisive. Thunderous sounds roll within your muscles and bones.

If you reach the stage of Power of The Body you are essentially considered a remarkable individual.

As for the subsequent five realms, "Breath Control, Inner Strength, Spirit, Spiritual Awakening, and Spirtual Transformation," Giant Spirit Hand Fang Tong did not go into detail. Fang Han wasn't anxious either. Over the past month, through eavesdropping and contemplation, he basically understood the fundamental principles of body training realm and cultivation, and could start practicing on his own.

The first goal is to reach fifth stage, power of the body.

"Having grasped the steps and techniques of cultivation, I will secretly strive and practice diligently. One day, I will take break free from the identity of a servant and became lord!" Fang Han realized that after a month of daring to secretly learn, he had finally seized a chance to change his own destiny.

"Oh no! I forgot that this morning, Second Miss wanted to go horseback hunting! ." Lost in his eavesdropping reverie, Fang Han's heart suddenly jolted as he remembered that he didn't feed the Thousand Mile Snow, the second miss horse.

With this in mind, Fang Han lost all interest in eavesdropping. He quietly crawled out from the darkness of the rockery and slipped into the sewer, leaving the inner residence. Luckily, he wasn't discovered.

Because Giant Spirit Hand Fang Tong hadn't reached the realm of the ninth stage of body training realm, where he could sense any gaze subtly. Otherwise, Fang Han wouldn't have been able to escape his gaze.

4