Chapter 10: A Servant for Sale (I)
347 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was late at night, and I had been trying to sleep for some time when I felt a knock on the door of my room in the inn.

"Come in; it's open."

I don't think any assassin is in the habit of announcing his arrival, nor would a visitor expect me to be up in the middle of the night. So I didn't see the need to put my artifacts on and just sat on the bed.  

To my surprise, the one who opened the door was none other than the innkeeper's daughter. The girl entered my room and closed the door behind her. She left the candle she brought on the small table that served as a modest desk for guests and began to undress.

Before either of us said anything, she had already unbuttoned the top of her dress, revealing sizable breasts inside a simple white bra. Afterward, with a simple movement of her hands, she dropped her skirt, showing equally simple white panties that held onto lovely wide hips.

That was the moment when I raised my hand for her to stop.

Apart from her underwear, the girl only had left white stockings that reached above her knees and sank into the flesh of her thighs.

"I appreciate the show, but it's been years since I graduated from buying that kind of service." Of course, I wasn't a saint, and even before the end of the world, I already had some experience. But honestly, it wasn't something I wanted to pay for; I had decided to leave those experiences to do with someone I really cared about.

"Sir Magician, my name is Annabelle Strelia; you can call me Anna. And I'm a virgin; I didn't come to sell that kind of service." Said the young woman, her cinnamon eyes staring into mine while her hands removed the ribbon from her ponytail, letting her almond hair fall free over her bare shoulders.

"Then what are you here to sell?" I guess undressing in front of inn guests is not your hobby…

"Everything," she answered without hesitation. "Sir, you didn't did not deny being a magician..."

"I have nothing to hide," I answered while thinking about everything I had to hide.

But, even if I didn't know how to use magic on my own, at least the part about being a magician was true. One only needed to have an affinity for magic to be a magician, and thanks to the damn goddess, mine was perfect.

"A normal magician would not only have criticized us for serving him cold soup, but he might also have wreaked havoc at the inn. That, Sir Magician hasn't even complained, means you have a kind heart. Although, Sir Magician is a bit of a coward as well."

"I see that you like to take risks; Anna, a typical magician, wouldn't find it funny to be called a coward either; but in my case, I won't deny it, so it's fine..."

"I knew Sir Magician had a kind heart," Anna said with a wide smile. "Sir, do you like what you see? Please consider buying me."

"Does your family need money?"

The girl lowered her head thoughtfully. Maybe she didn't want to show despair. That would mean letting the other party know that she was willing to accept a lower price than she could normally get. But in the end, she decided to admit it.

"Since my mother fell ill, all our income goes to medicines, and we have not been able to pay the debts of the inn... At least I want to ensure the future of my little brothers."

You have to remember that this is the medieval world of the goddess; even a common cold can end your life if hunger or monsters don't do it first.

And economic problems could not be absent either; even in the past, businesses that looked good on the outside could actually be full of debt. And now, the situation is even more complicated since few laws and mechanisms protect entrepreneurs.

"You didn't offer it to the person who saved you in the afternoon? From what I saw, he also seemed to be a magician, and if he is dedicated to saving lives, he must be of outstanding character."

"Lord Eberhard said that he does not buy people… All of his servants are inhabitants of his family lands."

Although that young man was not a "Highness," he was still a noble. And even though he says he doesn't buy servants, it's because he doesn't need to. His family already took care of getting them in the past.

It's not that I'm criticizing. It just seemed nonsense to me his half-hearted morality. But the fact that his family does have servants is not something to be condemned; on the contrary.

The servants of a magician are not the same as the serfs of the middle ages. Although they are still slaves, they are not unilaterally exploited. Magicians are proud and take care of their property, and that includes people.

It may sound bad, but It's comparable to not want your neighbors to see that your car is dirty or that your yard is neglected.

For someone of my time, what I am saying will sound very crazy. But in this world, people who are under a magician are infinitely less likely to starve or die from sickness, not to mention monster attacks.

What would be the safest? A rake (because swords are unpayable for common folk) or live in a territory or mansion with magical defenses?

What I mean to say is that for people to be servants of a magician was a dream come true, and incredibly, the difficult part is to be bought by a magician. I've already mentioned it many times, but magicians are proud and don't accept just anyone.

"And did you tell this Eberhard guy about your mother?"

"I already owed him for having rescued me; I didn't want to put him in a complicated situation..."

"And with me, there is no problem?"

"I'm giving you another chance to save me, Sir!" Anna exclaimed as she undid her bra, releasing her breasts in all their splendor. Her panties also said goodbye and went to join her skirt on the floor.

When she was about to remove her stockings, I again raised my hand to stop her.

13