Chapter 15: Looking for an Adventurer’s Party (I)
283 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At no time was it in my plans to even get close to Leirel's adventurer's guild, but since my objective is currently practicing that profession, I had no other choice.

That is why I am now standing in the middle of the enormous building while surrounded by adventurers of all shapes and sizes.

But, really, since the guild had branches all over the continent, its members came from all possible places, and I was seeing living beings of all races, from dwarfs to fairies and more.

The building itself was constructed of a mix of wood and the same smooth white material from the city walls that reminded me of concrete but surely had some magic in its making. To tell the truth, It was quite huge and stood out from the buildings that surrounded it.

The current buildings all look like a mixture of the end of the Middle Ages and the beginning of the Renaissance. However, some are more similar to those of one era than another.

This guild, aside from the very smooth walls, was pretty plain. So, it reminded me more of the medieval times.

Amidst the variety of faces walking through the spacious wood-covered interior, I was surprised to see a familiar face. It was the kind young man with messy purple hair who had reminded me not to mention the princess's name the other day.

He was followed by what appeared to be twins, a young man, and his sister, both with bright orange hair and golden eyes. Their slender figures, sharp faces, and the way they walked made me think of felines.

Surely, they were his magic knights, and if I'm not mistaken, the strength of both siblings was in their agility. Although honestly, what caught my attention the most was the scant clothing with which he dressed them...

But that was normal in this new world of magical and physical abilities. We seemed to have returned to the ancient Greek values, and an open appreciation for shapely bodies had been reborn. And, of course, showing them was not frowned upon.

Only complete nudity was banned, but even that depended on the race.

Magicians have always liked to boast about their power and belongings, including their magic knights, so they usually dress them in provocative clothes so that other people can appreciate their figures.

The purple-haired young man's magic knights were no exception, and the girl who followed him wore a miniskirt so short that, from time to time, her underwear was visible when she walked, probably to show as much as possible of her long model legs.

Her brother was not spared either, and his clothes were short, tight pants and a short tank top that revealed flexible muscles suitable for agile movements.

Of course, both brothers wore some armor that covered their vital organs. And surely it was magic armor, so it could also take the damage from other seemingly unprotected parts of their bodies.

"There goes Lorcan, from House Riverside. It seems that it is his last day in the guild."

"Why? Did the noble get bored of playing adventurer?"

"I heard that he plans to attend the academy this year. I honestly don't think he needs it."

"I wouldn't be so sure; the siblings that follow him are demons on the battlefield; in the one quest that I was with him, I didn't see Lorcan raise a finger; they did everything."

"Don't be stupid. If magic knights are powerful, the magicians they serve are more so."

Honestly, I couldn't quite agree with the murmurs behind my back. Without my artifacts, I'm sure any magic knight I get could take me down in a heartbeat.

But, I see, the nice fellow's name was Lorcan; good to know. This way, it's easier to avoid meeting him in the future… And, of course, I waited until he left the building to go to the table where, moments before, I had seen my target.

I approached the table where four humans and an elf were sitting. Lorcan's group didn't interest me much, so I didn't use appraisal with them, but it was different with these five.

From what I could find out with the skill, this was a group made up of a magician, two girls magically connected to her (magic knights), a priestess of the church, and the elf, who, from what I found out, was indeed the possessor of the Gift [Wind Master].

I can't see the details of a skill I don't own, but it looks promising.

"Hi!" I said cheerfully, trying to pretend I had communication skills. But I regretted it after all five girls looked in my direction.

I felt like I had lost a penalty game and had to get closer to the popular group to confess to a girl.

"May I help you?" the magician asked me with a smile. As expected, she was the leader of the party.

"Yes… mm… could I talk… with…" What am I doing?! Don't they call me one of the four gods of magic?! The original, in fact! This situation brought my embarrassing ancient memories back. "Ahem, sorry, I wanted to see if it was possible to have a chat with the adventurer called Nili."

"Nilithien Thindelor is me, but if it's about making me one of your magic knights, then I'm sorry, I'm not for sale," the elf replied tiredly. It must have been far from her first time rejecting.

I already knew, but even so, I never tire of admiring how beautiful elves really are. Nilithien's dark golden hair was adorned with a short ponytail that lifted part of it while the rest cascaded, almost falling to the ground.

She also had bright eyes resembling the color of the sky, but in those moments, she had closed them as a gesture that there was nothing more to discuss.

If I get her to join me, it would be a small victory against Lorcan!... What am I saying? I am an adult; I shouldn't be competing with kids. No idea what his age is, though.

But more importantly, the last name "Thindelor" sounded pretty familiar to me. But it is impossible to remember things at will. And since it's an elvish surname, it may be memories from thousands of years ago.

"That answer is just like her, I'm sorry. She just wants to get stronger during her travels, and then she plans to return to the kingdom of the elves," the magician said with a smile. "Besides, if she were looking for a master, I would have already caught her by now. Nili is the only one I'm missing after convincing Mardy to join our trio at that time."

As the two magic knights giggled, the magician girl leered at the priestess, who could only lower her head, blushing.

So the magician played on our team; I want to see that scene... But now is not the time for that!

"I'm not going to insist, but can I at least know the reasons?" I said, with every intention of insisting.

10