Chapter 21: A Dance Under the Moonlight (II)
266 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lefindor returned a few moments later, bringing with him two spheres, one orange and one blue.

"These spheres represent opposite elements, fire, and water," the old elf explained. "Once the aspiring magic knight can manipulate them simultaneously, without conflict between the elements, the ritual is complete."

As I had already imagined, this ritual was much more complex than the simple contract I knew. Usually, the magician circulates his magic through the magick knight's body until a bond is formed between the two. But apparently, the elves also want their magic knights to take their first steps in magic manipulation.

Normally, this would be quite complicated, but elves have an excellent aptitude for magic, so I have no doubt that there will be no complications.

"Do you need assistance with anything else, Your Excellency?" Lefindor asked.

I looked at Nili, who shook her head. Lefindor then asked me if he could go. I insisted to this elder of the elves that he didn't have to treat me so formally, but he refused until the end, so I gave up. Lefindor gave a deep bow and withdrew to his temple.

"My Lord."

"Nili, what had we discussed?"

"Excuse me… Argyros."

It took me a world to convince Nili to call me by my name instead of "My Lord." It's not that I didn't like being treated with respect, but I needed some time to get used to it... To be honest, it made me uncomfortable.

But Nili flatly refused to do it in the presence of others, and she doesn't want to call me "Argy" either because, although it's okay for her, in my case, she says it would be disrespectful to shorten my name. So we come to the consensus that in the academy (if they accept me), she will call me "Sir."

"That is better; what did you want to tell me?"

"I wanted to thank you again for choosing me as your magic knight… But are you sure that you are fine with someone like me?

"What are you talking about?"

"My goal was to be recognized by one of the nobles of the Six Sacred Forests; I never imagined that the one who would recognize me would be one of the four gods of magic... I don't know if I can meet your expectations."

"Nili, without my artifacts, the only thing I would have is my experience (and my immortality); besides, most of my life I've spent as a hermit," I affirmed with a smile. "My true adventure as a magician is just about to begin. I am the one who does not know if he will be able to meet your expectations."

"Not only did you show us a part of your power in the cave, but you also told me about all those adventures on the journey through the forest that completely matched the rumors. False modesty is not a virtue, Argyros!"

"I can say the same about you. How many people with your skills do you think I've found in my travels? This magic knight quest that I was forced into by the academy gave me a much better result than I ever imagined."

Seeing Nili turn red like a tomato, I couldn't help but let out a little laugh. The elf returned a look on the verge of tears, but she didn't take long to smile. The truth is that we were both full of insecurities, and nobody knew what the future would bring.

But I'm glad Nili is starting to loosen up and feel more comfortable again.

 

 

Night had fallen, and since this was real life, there was no coincidence of a full moon, but still, she was quite round, and her reflection shone in the center of the lake.

But my eyes were not taken by the moon, but by the elf on the lake shore.

Nili was wearing her outfit for ceremonies, and since elven ceremonies have a lot to do with contact with nature, I can't say that it was made of a lot of clothes.

In fact, to my eyes, it was very similar to a bikini. It was made of light blue fabric, and the only thing that separated it from a normal bikini were the golden edges and reliefs, as well as bracelets and other accessories. Lastly, she was wearing a semi-transparent pareo that was open at the front.

But it's not fair for Nili to only talk about her clothes. As the ten-thousand-year-old young man that I am, I have to also mention that she had a very athletic figure. She was slender and slim-waisted, but her body also stood out where it had to.

The elf had the two spheres in her hands, and after looking at each one carefully, her eyes met mine. She smiled and nodded her head. I, for my part, raised my hand and directed my magic towards Nili.

Fortunately, it wasn't a complicated process; in fact, it was quite similar to transmitting magic to artifacts.

The elves' ritual did not have words to use for the union, but in this case, it was a dance that the magic knight performed under the moonlight and dedicated to its future lord.

The only part that I have to admit that I didn't like was that the moon, according to the elves, was a representation of the goddess Ephereia. But I gave up telling Nili that the moon was much older; I didn't want to ruin her night. Why hers? Well, she was basically dedicating the rest of her life to someone; it was an important event for a magic knight.

Not long after I began sharing my magic with her, Nili closed her eyes and focused all of her senses. She later opened them again, and as if they were following her eyelids, the two spheres began to levitate.

The two gave off a slight glow that gained intensity until flames began to come out of the orange sphere and from the blue water. Not only that, Nili's wind magic also wanted to participate and took the spheres into the air.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first ritual in elven history where a novice not only wielded two opposing elements but also added a third one.

In the middle of this, the elf started her dance. She danced to the rhythm of the waves and the wind as her surroundings became a whirlwind of elements that shimmered in perfect harmony.

7