Chapter 26: Just Because It’s Necessary
314 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some rays of sunlight came through the window of my room at the inn, partially illuminating it. The room, which was already small, now felt especially tight.

It was to be expected since it was not designed for the five people who were in it now.

I was sitting in the desk chair, but I had it facing the bed. Behind me stood Nili while Fiamme was lying on said bed with her bail just paid and without a care in the world.

Anna was there too; she had just arrived with cups of tea for me and the guest sitting in front.

Also on the bed, Sitting near Fiamme, was a woman with brown hair tied in a long and bulky braid that ran down her back. Her expressive gray eyes focused on Anna, then the cup, which she accepted with thanks.

The woman in question was Cornelia, my first and (currently) only retainer; we must remember that word is exclusively reserved for magicians subordinate to another.

It is worth mentioning that she was the only one in the room who did not know my true identity. But I didn't call her here to reveal it to her; for the moment, it would be the secret of my closest circle.

Cornelia's presence had to do with the admission exam, which was about to begin, and I wanted to talk about her experience with it.

"As I said, it's strange that this year, the magic knights are taking the admission exam on behalf of their magicians," Cornelia said, then paused and took a sip from her cup of tea. "For the same reason, I don't think there will be a written part; everything will depend on the skills of the magic knights. Maybe that means it's going to be a competition of some kind."

"Although the more magic the magician has, the more he can share with his magic knights, I don't think it's the best way to evaluate a magician's abilities," I said while reviewing the information pamphlet. "The other strange point is that squire admission quotas have not decreased either."

"From what I've heard lately, many magic knights and squires have disappeared on academy expeditions. For example, If they get lost in monster territory, there's no way to find them," Cornelia stated. "Perhaps the admission of external magic knights has to do with that. Maybe to have more experienced magic knights guiding the squires..."

"It's the current state of our world, but even so, they shouldn't choose such dangerous locations to train them.

"That is something that would be better discussed with the headmaster," Cornelia said, raising her hands.

"Gyan Nelade. I might visit him sometime. Also, it wouldn't be bad to check the status of the artifact that I left in the care of the academy a few years ago... (Well, when it wasn't an academy yet)

"Do you have another artifact besides the ones you showed in the cave?! Argyros, each one is worth an entire kingdom... I don't understand why you want to take the exam; only the fact of lending an artifact should admit you with honors.

"Other parties have already offered to help me with the admission issue, but I want the complete experience." It never hurts to be cautious; that's why Cornelia is here in the first place, but I have no doubt that Nili and Fiamme will do a good job, so I'm not worried.

"An artifact in the academy, contacts in the kingdom, and you also obtained the leader of the Fire Fists," Cornelia said as she looked askance at Fiamme lying near her. The latter was listening to everything with a smile. "Every day, I'm more convinced that joining you was a good idea."

"I appreciate the trust; once I am established in the academy, I can take your group to the tower."

It's normal for a magician's retainers to live in the tower or the lands around it, but first, I must find a permanent place for mine. Although I haven't tried to see what would happen if I shrink the tower with people inside...

In any case, I must buy land at some point. But it also wouldn't be bad to conquer some land from the monsters and be independent of any kingdom.

"Now that we're finishing talking about the exam, I think it's time to move on to the real reason why you called me," Cornelia said, flashing a mischievous smile and getting up to leave her cup of tea on the desk behind me.

"The real reason?" I asked without having the slightest idea what Cornelia was referring to.

"Are you serious? I made a loyalty pact, which means that I am yours in body and soul, and you have not yet called me to share your bed..."

"I don't think that is the objective of the said pact; hetero magicians of the same sex also do it..."

"Is it because I'm a little older than the rest? In my opinion, I'm not losing by much." Cornelia stated, lifting her bust with her arms. It was certainly somewhat larger than Anna's, leaving Cornelia in the number one place...

"First of all, I was under the impression that you entertained yourself with women..." I said, trying to build up the strength to resist banal temptations.

"They are my preference, it's true, so if we include Nili, I would be more than happy," Cornelia stated while joining her hands and smiling.

"You hadn't given up yet…" said Nili, releasing a sigh.

"Master, I think it would be a good opportunity for you to get used to the act," said Anna, who was paying close attention to the conversation. "At first, I was worried I would get fewer turns, but now I know that the problem is that you need to be more assertive about these topics. You haven't even touched Nili or Fiamme. And because they are magic knights, they won't be able to have another partner other than you... Don't you feel sorry for them?"

When I said that magic knights dedicate their lives to their lords, I really meant it. It's the same as a priest or a nun in the Catholic religion. They dedicate their lives to God and do not get married.

"Argyros, if you want to gather a force, as you mentioned before, the most important thing for a noble is an extended family, that is, having many children," Fiamme added, standing up from the bed. "House Canimios in each generation had fewer children, which meant fewer allies and, at the same time, fewer chances of a magician to be born; it was one of the reasons for our decline."

"I understand your concern, but while at the academy, I won't have time to worry about children..." I honestly was using the last of my willpower.

"Argyros…" Nili, whose blush now reached the tips of her long ears, had begun to undress. "Even if you don't want children yet, as Cornelia says, anything could happen at the academy, even on the exam. I don't want to regret never having done it..."

Why, in this world, everyone is so excited about this topic... Am I the odd one out?

"Wow, Nili... I'm not going to be left behind!" Exclaimed Cornelia, who took off her purple beret and began unbuttoning her clothes.

No one was left behind, and soon, the small floor of the room was covered with skirts, panties, bras, and many more women's clothing. Of course, Anna had kept her white stockings, and apparently, she had mentioned something to Fiamme, who also left her red boots on.

To my right was Nili's athletic body that, revealed in all its splendor, seemed carved by an artist. Next to her was the curvy figure of Fiamme naked, whose thighs were made to perform the traditional act of sleeping on them.

To my left, also undressed, Anna moved her perfect hips from side to side excitedly, and her bright cinnamon eyes looked at me expectantly.

Lastly, in front of me, Cornelia had her respectable bust exposed, along with the rest of her qualities, while she gave off the charm of a mature woman. But her gray eyes, full of greed, were glued to Nili's body as if she wanted to lick her with them.

"Fine, you all wanted this, even if there are many of you; you are not going to have it easy, especially you, Cornelia, as the instigator." Cornelia woke up from the trance Nili's body had caused her and looked at me worried. "Don't think you'll have the strength or desire to play with Nili after I'm done with you."

I took Cornelia in my arms (but not before dressing her in the beret again; you have to have priorities) and gently placed her on the bed, but of course, with her hips raised and her head biting the pillow. Firstly, I need to teach her a lesson.

"Ah! It's not fair; I wanted to be the first!" Anna complained with her arms crossed.

7