Chapter 3: One Shot, One Little Brother
41 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

At this moment, Ang was bewildered. It took him half a second to realize that Louis was shouting, "RPG!"

"Boom!"

In the blink of an eye, he saw an SUV with two bodyguards sitting in the front seat. It looked like a burning matchbox midair, twisting and turning before tragically crashing into an abandoned telephone booth by the roadside.

The explosion created debris and flames that scattered everywhere.

It wasn't that the enemy's aim was precise. At least five RPG rockets had been fired, and only one hit. This could be considered barely acceptable.

Ordinary people would meet their maker with just one RPG rocket.

In the city of Free Gotham, gunfights were an everyday occurrence.

Before he could even curse, another remote-controlled bomb exploded on the highway.

It wasn't due to shaky hands; it was because if those five RPG rockets missed, the bomb would explode as the first bodyguard car reached it.

For a moment, rocks and shrapnel filled the air.

As dozens of fragments fiercely shot towards the extended Lincoln, the windshield immediately became covered in a spiderweb of white cracks.

Despite the driver's rigorous training, his instinct for survival made him instinctively yank the steering wheel and slam on the brakes.

Fortunately, the Lincoln's considerable weight of over three tons and its low chassis prevented it from overturning despite the violent swerving.

But there wasn't much good news.

As the car spun around, it violently collided with a cement bollard on the roadside, and the airbags deployed instantly.

Luckily, the rear car was unscathed. The bodyguards in the SUV parked the car next to the Lincoln, forming a small shelter alongside a nearby small house.

Three bodyguards leaped out of the car, using the bulletproof vehicle as cover. They unleashed a barrage of gunfire towards the approaching enemies.

"Ratatatat!"

The power of the large M4 magazines was unquestionable in this moment.

Equivalent to the fierce firepower of a light machine gun, it instantly took down several individuals charging towards them, keeping many enemies pinned down.

The bodyguards were grateful for Ang's earlier order to wear heavy armor. Even though they were fewer in number, their firepower was gaining the upper hand.

"Damn it! It's the Joker Gang!" Louis cursed loudly while struggling to help Ang undo his seatbelt. "Young Master, run quickly. They have heavy weaponry, and the car isn't safe."

Ang tried to clear his head and glanced out of the car window. He indeed saw a group of individuals with red grease paint on their mouths and their faces painted entirely white. They were firing AK rifles, using the specialized 'African War God' shooting style with both hands raised above their heads, firing back in their direction.

If their target wasn't Ang himself, he would have burst into laughter.

"Who are you guys aiming at?"

The Joker Gang was infamous for being cannon fodder. They mostly used firearms with worn-out barrels. They focused on pulling the trigger, and whether the bullets hit anyone after leaving the barrel depended on fate.

When fate smiled, people died.

When fate frowned, anyone could seem like a war god amid the gunfire.

While the chaos unfolded, Ang's bodyguards managed to get him to the two-story cement house by the roadside. The driver of the Lincoln opened the door and dragged Wonder Woman out.

Ang couldn't figure out whether the Black Mask had some sort of understanding with the Joker Gang, or if they were intentionally stirring up trouble. Either way, those dozens of Joker Gang members were very much real.

Inside the house were also Joker Gang members. It was clear that Ang's bodyguards were superior, and after a short but intense firefight, leveraging their marksmanship, reflexes, and body armor, Louis and his team achieved an overwhelming victory.

Ang took out several fragments of shattered material from his bulletproof vest. He could tell at a glance that they were the remnants of a shotgun slug that had fragmented. Louis's hands were trembling. This kind of ammunition had significant killing power against unprotected personnel. Even if he had a Kevlar vest, he would most likely be dead.

The stabbing pain in his chest reminded him that he might have broken ribs, but at least he was still alive.

For the next five minutes, the bodyguards used the cover to rain suppressive fire on the Joker Gang members outside. Although they had a clear advantage in casualties, they couldn't hold back the sheer numbers of the enemy.

"Die!"

Regardless of how many enemies fell, there were still individuals who fearlessly attempted to charge forward. Not only were they charging from the other side of the road, but there were also people rushing from a distant abandoned factory.

Beneath their comical appearances, Joker Gang members were filled with madness.

In a matter of moments, the outer wall of the building had transformed into a Syrian-style decoration, riddled with AK gunfire.

Out of the six bodyguards, one was killed, and another was injured and out of commission. Even Ang, the boss himself, had to step in and open fire.

"Bang!"

Truth be told, due to nervousness, Ang's aim wavered slightly before he pulled the trigger.

Unfortunately, his shooting wasn't as accurate as his anticipation.

The Joker Gang member on the other side suddenly stumbled. The bullet he miraculously caught on his forehead seemed as if Ang had predicted his prediction.

"Boss, great shot!" Louis unusually cracked a smile.

Ang smiled wryly, looking at the system prompt that read "[Headshot Kill, Shooting Experience +233 points]." He felt speechless.

Where was Batman? Where was Robin? Anyone would do!

Come and save the day, please!

In Gotham City, you might have a chance to summon any boss except the police.

Ang was prepared long ago. He had shone the flashlight with the Batman symbol countless times outside, but Batman hadn't shown up.

Perhaps, under the onslaught of firepower he was enduring, the dilapidated house had finally collapsed with a mournful groan, its walls riddled with holes from AK fire.

The house wasn't large to begin with, a two-bedroom structure, and now one side had become indefensible. They had to huddle in the second-floor living room, enduring gunfire from all directions.

The dense bullets forced everyone to keep their heads down.

At this moment, several relentless Joker Gang members made a somewhat crude but effective move.

They lifted the doors of the SUV that had exploded earlier, using them as shields. Shouting and charging forward, they used them as protection.

"Ratatatat!"

The bodyguards didn't spare their ammunition, but just like riot police shields, these were genuinely bulletproof.

Even though the 5.56mm bullets had low recoil, they still couldn't penetrate the shields.

Although Louis accurately shot one of the Joker Gang members in the foot, causing him to stumble and leave the cover of the car door, and then sniped him, several other Joker Gang members continued to charge.

At this moment, Ang made a bold move. He pulled a hand grenade out from his crotch, removed the pin, and threw it.

"Boom!"

A tremendous blast, and those Joker Gang members turned into Joker fragments.

The massive casualties finally frightened the remaining individuals, and they began to scatter, squawking.

Watching the horrifying scene unfolding near the building, several bodyguards bared their teeth.

Ang chuckled, "Who set off fireworks? Look how they blew up the kids."

Read advanced chapters on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/Godslayer_7210

2