The Inn
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In remote province in the Southeast, there was a mysterious Inn that stood before a popular fast food chain that was often used as a parking lot for buses. The Inn, which was in operation, was owned by a once poor gravedigger and his partner. No one really knew how their life suddenly improved, as rumors of winning the lottery, selling drugs, and running illegal businesses surrounded them. But the truth was even stranger.

Axx grew up in a small neighborhood near the Inn, a quaint and cozy place known for its warm hospitality and good food. Despite not having a formal education, Axx was a hard worker and always on the lookout for opportunities to earn a little extra cash. So, when the chance presented itself, he approached the couple who owned the Inn and lived next door to him for years.

"Excuse me, ma'am, sir. I was wondering if I could work here at the Inn. I'm willing to do anything, from cleaning rooms to serving meals." Axx spoke with a determined look in his eyes, hoping they would give him a chance.

The couple looked at each other and then back at Axx, sizing him up. "Well, we could always use an extra hand around here," the wife said with a friendly smile. "Can you start tomorrow?"

Axx couldn't believe his luck. He thanked the couple profusely and rushed home to tell his family the good news. This job was his chance to earn a steady income and help support his family, and he was determined to make the most of it.

Axx was employed at the local Inn as a bellboy. Despite its reputation for attracting guests who arrive in the dead of night, the Inn stood out from its competitors by offering affordable rates and a wealth of luxurious amenities. Axx was curious about the Inn's ability to provide such expensive comforts, and soon, he would stumble upon a sinister secret that would alter his life irrevocably.

One evening, as Axx was working at the Inn, a mysterious woman checked in. He carried her bags to her room, and she thanked him with a generous tip before retiring for the night. However, this simple encounter would end up being much more significant than Axx could have ever imagined, leaving a lasting impression on him.

One morning, Axx woke up earlier than usual, filled with excitement as he remembered the kind and generous woman from the previous evening. He couldn't wait to see her again, hoping that she would remember him and possibly give him another generous tip.

As the day passed, Axx kept a lookout for the woman, but she never showed up. He was starting to get worried, but didn't want to look too eager in front of the other employees. So, he waited until lunchtime, when he approached their female boss at the desk with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Do you happen to know where the woman who checked in last night went?" Axx asked, trying to sound casual. The female boss looked up and fixed his gaze to Axx with a cold, blank expression.

"She checked out, young man." she replied, with no further explanation. Axx was taken aback by her curt response, but didn't want to press the issue. He couldn't shake off the feeling that something was amiss, though. The thought of the mysterious woman lingered in his mind for the rest of the day.

Axx was curious by nature, but he didn't want to pry too much into his employer's personal life. However, the absence of his male employer for an entire day was something he couldn't ignore. He approached the female employer who was working behind the front desk.

"Excuse me, Ma'am," Axx began hesitantly. "Is Sir not here today?"

The female employer seemed to avoid eye contact with Axx and her tone was irritable when she spoke. "He's just taking care of something, don't pry too much. You're confusing me."

Axx didn't push any further, he knew better. There were days when his male employer would be missing the whole day. He was a businessman, after all, and had many people to talk to. How lucky he was, Axx thought, to have made a fortune without even finishing his basic education. But still, a nagging feeling at the back of his mind made him wonder what could be going on with the missing employer.

It was well past midnight and Axx was getting ready to head home. Just as he was about to clock out, his employer appeared and beckoned him over. "Come, Axx. Let's celebrate this big win with a drink," he said, a broad smile on his face. Axx and his three coworkers followed him to a private room where a table was set with glasses and a bottle of their favorite liquor. The group laughed and toasted to their employer's success, but Axx couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something was off. Despite his concerns, he joined in the celebrations, determined to enjoy the moment and put his worries aside.

In one particular night, as Axx clocked out from his shift, his employer approached him with an unexpected request. "Axx, I know you're probably tired from all the work today, but I need an extra hand tonight. We've got guests staying and we're short-staffed. I'll make it worth your while and pay you double for the overtime hours." Axx agreed, sensing an opportunity to earn some extra cash. Little did he know, this unexpected request would lead him down a path filled with danger and mystery.

As the silence of the night was interrupted by the striking of the clock, Axx suddenly jolted from his thoughts as a strange noise echoed from the stock room. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up as he quickly alerted the guard on duty, who narrowed his eyes with a piercing gaze.

"Don't get involved," the guard warned him with a short reply. "That's nothing." Despite the guard's warning, Axx couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. He went back inside, but couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something was wrong.

Axx couldn't ignore the strange noise any longer. He felt a chill run down his spine as he grabbed a broom and slowly approached the stock room. Every step felt like an eternity, and Axx couldn't help but look over his shoulder, half-expecting something to jump out at him.

Axx's mind was racing as he approached the door of the stockroom. With each step he took, his heart felt like it was pounding louder and louder in his chest. The door was slightly ajar, and as he pushed it open, he was met with a scene that would haunt him forever.

In the dimly lit room, he saw his employer standing with a body bag on the ground, zipping it up with a menacing look on their face. Axx could barely make out the outline of a lifeless body inside the bag, and the realization of what he was witnessing hit him like a ton of bricks. He felt paralyzed with fear, unable to move or speak as he watched the sinister scene unfold.

His body was frozen in place, his mind racing as the reality of the situation dawned on him. The employer's breath was hot and rancid against his ear as they continued to whisper their menacing words. "You saw nothing, you heard nothing. You'll keep this to yourself, or we'll make sure you won't be a problem for us."

The room was dark and silent, except for the sound of Axx's breathing and the pounding of his heart. He felt like he was caught in a nightmare, with no way to escape. Every muscle in his body tensed as he braced himself for what was to come. But the employers released him, and Axx stumbled out of the room, his mind racing with fear and confusion. He knew he was in way over his head and that his life would never be the same again.

Axx was terrified. He didn't know what to do or say. He simply nodded, unable to speak. "Good. We'll let you go, but remember, if you talk, we'll turn on you. Your word against ours, and we have the money to pay a good lawyer. You'll continue to work here, but from now on, you'll be helping us with our business. We'll even increase your salary." The employer was deadly serious, their eyes boring into Axx's.

Axx's role had transformed into something sinister. Every time a call came in from a university seeking a body for their medical students, he and his employers would scout the Inn for unsuspecting guests. With calculated precision, they would administer medication to their chosen target through their food, leading them to the stockroom to meet a grim fate. The unsuspecting victim would be suffocated with a plastic bag, and all traces of foul play had to be erased. The university was cognizant of this heinous act, but they had their own interests to protect - they couldn't afford for their students to catch wind of the illegal procurement of cadavers.

Axx's employer was once a simple gravedigger, digging graves for the dead and selling the bodies to universities. However, as the number of natural deaths in the area declined, the employer was forced to take more drastic measures. Running the Inn, a place where travelers stopped for rest, became the perfect cover for their crimes. The possessions of the fallen guests, including their clothes and luggage, were set ablaze, while their cars were either disposed of in rivers or taken to distant provinces and left to rot. The employer had transformed from a simple gravedigger to a cold-blooded killer, using the Inn as their front for murder and deceit.

It was a bleak reality, and Axx had no choice but to play along. So he watched, helpless, as the Inn lured in unsuspecting guests, never to be seen again. The message was clear: pray that you never end up at this Inn, or your fate may be sealed, your body used for experimentation and dissection by the very students who were supposed to be practicing to heal and save lives.

The message was clear: pray that you never end up at this Inn, or your fate may be sealed, your body used for experimentation and dissection by the very students who were supposed to be practicing to heal and save lives

Be sure to check out more of my stories on Toodat

0