The Doll
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Okay class, today we are going to learn how to make dolls using only items found inside the house," said Ms. Heidi Edwards to her students.

Ms. Edwards was a Home Economics teacher at Fairmount Highschool. She had been teaching there for a long time and was currently in charge of teaching second year students how to cook, sew, and do various household chores that could be turned into a source of income.

One by one, Ms. Edwards handed out the materials needed to make dolls to her students. There were some old pieces of fabric, buttons, thread, and thick, colorful straws.

This wasn't the first time she had taught her students how to make dolls. She had also taught her previous students, and before becoming a teacher, she used to make dolls to sell as a hobby. She enjoyed making dolls. Hopefully, she can pass her passion to her students and even to her young child.

"Okay, first we're going to make a pattern. It's up to you what kind of doll you want to make," she also gave her students the freedom to make whatever they wanted, even if it was slightly different from her own style of making dolls.

As soon as the students began working, Ms. Heidi left them to their own devices. She wanted to see the creativity of her students. She started working on her own doll as well. Ms. Heidi did not realize that the forty minutes of their class had passed by quickly. She had been so immersed in making her own doll that she hadn't even noticed the sound of the bell signaling the end of class. Before the students could all leave, Jovy approached her with a question.

"Ma'am, is it okay if we use other things besides the materials you provided?"

Ms. Heidi was pleased with Jovy's question. It was clear that this student was also interested in making dolls, just like her.

"Of course. You can use any old thing if it will improve the appearance of your doll."

As Jovy listened to her teacher's words, she couldn't contain her excitement. The class was just dismissing, but she couldn't wait to start working on their doll project again the next day. Ms. Heidi allowed the students to leave their dolls in the Home Economics room to ensure that their parents wouldn't be the ones working on their projects.

And that's exactly what happened the next day. Jovy brought in additional materials like the eyes from an old doll, shoes, and unique fabrics for the doll's clothes. As the days passed, her classmates noticed the gradual improvement of her doll.

"Wow! You're really good at making dolls," one of her classmates remarked.

"Your doll looks even better than Ms. Heidi's," another joked.

Ms. Heidi didn't let the comment made by one of her students go unnoticed. She pretended to smile, but inside she was determined not to let anyone surpass her in doll-making, certainly not by her student. The day ended and the students left their dolls in the classroom once again. Ms. Heidi examined her students' dolls and, even though they weren't labeled, she immediately knew which one was made by Jovy. It had a hat made of paper that had been soaked in varnish and the way it was sewn was neat and clean.

"This will not be the end of it," Ms. Heidi whispered to herself.

The following day, when the students arrived, they were surprised to see a doll on their teacher's desk. It was bigger than Ms. Heidi's first doll. Its face wasn't just a simple fabric with stuffed cotton, but rather a molded plastic, as were its hands and feet.

"Wow! Ms. Heidi, it's beautiful. It looks expensive."

Ms. Edwards was pleased with the compliments her students were giving her, but that triumph was short-lived. All eyes were back on Jovy's doll as he started painting the doll's body a flesh color. He even had a dress ready to put on it.

"Wow! It's like you're competing with Ms. Heidi in terms of the beauty of the dolls." One student noticed.

Ms. Edwards secretly clenched her fists in frustration at what Jovy was doing. She never thought his doll would be more beautiful than hers. The girl seemed to have endless creativity.

That night, Ms. Edwards struggled to fall asleep as she tried to come up with a way to outdo her student's creation. She couldn't allow herself to be defeated in the art of doll making. But what more could she do? She had already tried using every material at her disposal, yet she still couldn't surpass Jovy's doll.

She got out of bed and paced around her room, but no ideas came to her. In the end, she remembered her own child's dolls. She quickly went to her child's room to examine the dolls that some of them were even from other countries, gifts from her husband who worked offshore.

She scrutinized them, but it seemed like none of them were unique enough to surpass Jovy's creation. She needed something special to beat it. As she looked at her sleeping child, she gently stroked its hair and watched as a strange smile played on its lips.

The next day when the students arrived, they were greeted by Ms. Edwards. Her eyes were red and there were dark circles around them. Her skin was also uncharacteristically greasy and acne-prone. Her hair was disheveled, as if she hadn't combed it.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" Jovy asked his teacher.

"I'm fine, Jovy. In fact, I've finished my doll. It's on the table," Ms. Edwards replied.

Jovy slowly approached the doll and gasped in shock at what he saw. The doll had skin that looked like a real person's, and its hair, eyes, nose, and teeth were all from a real person. The other students screamed in fear.

"Is it pretty, class? I didn't think I'd be able to make such a beautiful doll. But luckily, I have my child to thank. She is still something that you can see inside the house, right? Technically, I did not violate any rules," Ms. Edwards said.

Edwards said

More horror stories await you on Toodat.

0