Incident 003-31-02-1124
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a nice Tuesday evening. A huge celebration had been held for a momentous occasion: a big haul! Over the many years of work, they had never gotten a haul as great as this. It was incredible! All two hundred men were excited and ready to let loose.

They were to make enough that even with such a lavish party, they were still only making a small dent in the earnings they were about to make. Everyone who had worked hard up to this point sat at the long table, their faces flushed by the seemingly endless supply of alcohol they had acquired for the party.

Their clothes were like tattered rags, but that didn’t matter to the men. They were now far richer than many lower-ranking nobles! Their rough, wooden cups would all clank together, and loud, celebratory screams would erupt every few minutes as they continued to be elated by their effort. The blush on their faces seemed like it'd never die down.

As the party raged on, the sound of a young girl’s muffled cries pierced their ears. Many ignored it, but those who didn’t became increasingly annoyed by the irritating cry. Eventually, one of the men became so annoyed that he threw his cup in the girl’s direction. The sound reverberated in the ear of the man who threw his cup.

The man turned towards the girl, her cries now completely silent. Tears were streaming down her face as a woman in clothes even more horrid than their own, tried to cover her mouth. Behind them sat many others in clothes that were somehow even more pathetic. In front and around them stood strong steel bars that did not seem to budge. These 'people' were being held here. These 'people' were slaves.

The men, whose faces were flushed red and were elated at their big haul, were none other than a group of bandits who also dealt in slave trades. These men were quite experienced in this field. Many had been bandits for over twenty years. Even the least experienced had been there for about five years. They knew their way around. They knew how to not get caught.

The bandit group continued to party before they all stood on ceremony. The big man, their boss, Adam Keller, walked out of the largest tent to look upon his many 'employees' who were partying away and having a good time. A giant smile formed on his face, exposing his disgustingly yellow and misshapen teeth. He quickly approached the table and grabbed a whole bottle of alcohol before downing it all in one go. Afterward, he walked over and slammed down on the slave-filled cage. He lifted the glass bottle and began speaking to his men in earnest.

“At ease men. Tonight is truly a day to remember. We’ve succeeded in getting such a great haul after months of dry nothingness. I am truly proud! Proud of all of you!”

With every word, his bottle would get higher and higher. His smile would get bigger and bigger. His pride would become more and more inflated. He continued on, the attention of everyone still on him.

"You all deserve this party! It is your reward for working so hard all these years! Nobody, not even the king himself, has the right to take this away from us! We have earned our place in this world. Nobody can say otherwise!”

The cries of all the other men exploded outward as their boss thrust his drink forward one last time.

“Enjoy yourselves!”

“Yeah!”

The drinks continued to flow even till midnight when the many dangerous creatures would venture out. But none of the bandits cared. Why should they? They were rich. And they had the skill to back it. Who cared about some measly animals?

A large, disjointed beam of light struck the middle of the long table; most were pushed back, but those caught in the crossfire had deep cuts that penetrated their hearts. From the large flash came a person: a youth who couldn’t be older than 16. He held a long sword in one hand as if it was effortless. His hair was a bright yellow, almost gold-like. The youth turned to the group of bandits, now on the side of the table opposite of the slaves.

The youth’s purple eyes began to be tinted in a red hue. The bandits froze. Fear. That’s all they could feel. Other than Adam Keller and two others, every bandit was shivering from fear. They could feel death around the corner. Even though the three did not shiver, they could feel the sheer will the person opposing them had.

In an instant, the youth disappeared along with the lives of about twenty bandits, just like that. Twenty lives were taken in less than a second. Other than Adam Keller, the other two bandits who were still confident were now petrified. They wanted to run, but their legs wouldn’t move.

Now on the other opposite side, the youth stood. He pulled a mask out of his pocket. The mask was darker than the night sky above. It brings about a feeling of dread. As Adam Keller looked at the mask, only one thought came to mind:

Only god knows what that thing is.

Adam Keller was far from a religious man; he didn’t believe that gods even existed, and yet this mask made him not only believe that god existed but that this mask was at that same level.

As Adam Keller’s focus was lost, the youth with bright, blond hair put on the mask. Silence filled the void around them. The youth stood there, completely still. His body began to contort and lose form. He became unrecognizable compared to the boy from before. He had become more monster than human.

Just looking at the once beautiful boy was enough to send the bandits into a daze. Their heads came with the feeling of convulsion as they grasped at it painfully. Those with stronger minds stood there, the pain just being bearable enough as to look at the creature.

The creature had no form. Its body, which was once fairly small in frame, was now bellowing out in all directions. It was incomprehensible. The 'youth' instantly cut down the heads of the front forty bandits. Then again. Another forty. Each of their heads exploded like red confetti due to the extreme force and speed that came from the abnormal thing. Only about ninety bandits remained. Most lay on the ground in pain, but the ones who could stand had pulled out their swords in opposition.

Adam Keller watched as those men who dared oppose that 'thing' had their hearts skewered by their own blades. Those who did not defy were also cut down; their heads now rolled across the floor as blood poured out from the former connection.

Out of pure desperation, Adam Keller pointed toward the slaves.

“They are what you want right? Right? Take them!”

His eyes shook as those words came out of his mouth all at once. True fear. This is what true fear was. This is what it felt like. Adam Keller finally understood such a thing.

He finally understood.

He dropped to his knees. He was now the only bandit left alive. He looked up at the disgusting yet beautiful creature before him. It stood there as if it was waiting for something. Adam slowly lowered his head to the 'Existence' before him. His head was lopped off, his thoughts being all that was left.

This is a God’s wrath.

2