Incident 012-16-05-1124
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tap.

The hall was filled by the darkness that similarly covered the night sky.

Tap!

A draft created by the poor build of the hall flew through. 

Tap!

The splintered floor creaked as the noises from inside got louder. 

Tap!

The darkened wood walls were bent out of place by the wear of time.

Tap!

The young-adult man in nearly all black walked through the hall. His body, despite the obvious clattering of his shoes, seemed lighter than the air to which he breathed. The mask to which he adorned on his face was darker than his clothes; darker than the hall above and below.

The sword wielded in his hand dragged across the floor. No damage was done to the blade; only the floor tore from the contact. The end of the hall approached the man whose shoes tapped the floor. The door had been enshrouded by darkness; the dark moved the way and led to the path to the gateway passage, the door. 

With the man’s entrance, all the noises that once played behind the door shushed. The darkness that once parted for his presence had now betrayed him. No people were visible in the shadows of the room. Any sign of a god of light had simply vanished. 

Tap!

The man walked forward past the doorway of the endless room. The door shook in its place before being forced closed despite the opposition. The sound that should have come did not. No sound or light came through the room. 

The man’s blade slung forward; seemingly to cut the darkness around it. Only for a moment did the room become visible to his eyes. The small seam made by the blade allowed for some light to be brought into the space. Although disappearing, it was enough for someone to observe in detail. 

The sword swung forward only a moment ago and was now charging toward a corner of the room. The feeling of death approached the cowering man who couldn’t see through his own darkness. With the piercing of the blade through the neck of the victim, the soul dispersed into the darkness where it was consumed.

The light soon began to reappear; it was slow enough for one’s eyes to dilate back. The birds chirping, the wailing wind, and the sound of the ferocious fight between animals all returned. The endless room was nothing more than a simple broom closet. 

The masked man watched the door which he came slowly open as if to greet its master. With a short knock, the door which initially opened up the hall burst open. A man with a golden badge came through the busted entrance door. Despite his short appearance, his movements seemed agile yet powerful. 

His gaze was cold and uncaring for the person who stood there in the black mask. As his body stopped at the doorway, his eyes gazed over to see the body of the once terrified man. 

“The hell do you think you’re doing?”

The masked man stayed silent.

“I don’t know who the hell that man over there is, but even if he deserved it, those who should be punished must be done so beneath the law.”

The man did not speak, but the muscles in his arm tightened. 

“You are not to judge. You are not god.”

The masked man stood completely still. He did not move at the man’s words; he simply stood and watched. The man who stood at the door finally walked through. The sounds of his companions who were unable to keep up with him slowly dissipated as the door closed behind the two. The bangs of the door crashing against the frame were completely ignored by the two inside.

Silence soon partook the group outside the door. Nobody outside knew what was happening inside; no one inside knew what was happening outside. 

The room that seemed cramped before the door closed was now spacious enough for a fight between beasts. The two men of differing heights, ages, and backgrounds watched the other with great intensity. 

The man of smaller stature walked first. His body hinted at no oncoming onslaught; one did come. The man’s fist suddenly appeared in the other’s sharp gaze. With an effortless movement, the body of the man in black tilted, barely missing the fist full of destruction. 

The masked man quickly retaliated with a swing of his sword cutting through the air of the room, leaving a ripple to form in the room. The man who wore his golden badge with pride very quickly backed away to avoid any potentially lethal attacks. 

Many ripples spread from that one ripple in the air. The mask made of darkness seemed to create an illustrious glow and the man who wore it began to deform and reform repeatedly in various different forms. 

The once-human moved uncontrollably. His “limbs” hit the ground, leaving marks of burning. One such tendril quickly moved toward and struck the man’s shoulder. His shoulder, still attached, was immobile and bloodied greatly. 

Those on the outside waited. They sat and watched as the room, which should’ve been loud with battle, was completely silent. The door would not budge no matter how much force was applied. They could only sit and wait. 

The four that all donned the golden badge only did their own thing and waited. They did not wish to needlessly ponder as to the situation within the room. It would only cause more unnecessary stress.

Clack.

Within a split second of the noise, the four people turned their heads to face the door; to see the conclusion. Inside was a bloodied man donning now missing the golden badge that he had when he entered. His once powerful movements were now replaced by simple and weak limping. 

Before anyone could even speak, the man fell to his knees and then to his stomach. He had passed out cold.

“Tch.”

The man of large stature just turned away, looking outside to the door they entered. 

“He really should stop being so reckless. This is the second time now.”

The old man continued to drink his tea after leaving his remark.

“Hey, you okay? Wake up.”

The young woman continued to slap the already bloodied man with her hardened palm.

As the other three observed the man’s condition, the gloomiest one decided to check inside the room. The room was barely lit and had the appearance of a broom closet despite its mystical nature. Inside the room, no bodies were found, but a pool of blood still remained where the deceased once lay.

 

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed a whole TWO chapters over two days. God, I'm gonna end up dead by the end of this.

I say this all the time and I'll say it again: I hope you enjoyed and continue to support me as this series moves forward.

0