Incident 004-19-05-1124
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Golden sparks shine through the night. His feet touched the ground in effortless motions as he stepped up to the golden throne of painted lives. In his almighty golden throne, even those of absolute might bow. None could wield opposition in his presence. Through those golden jewels, a piercing light that sees all glared down on me from above. I was powerless like those before me. In my own unimaginable presence, even I feared. That which should not be possible was made possible by a single gaze. I feared, and so, I coward away from him. So many years later, I still hide. The sun and moon have long been severed. The nightmare continues to spread to those with time.

I cannot fathom what is to come.

“...mmh!”

He awoke himself at the feeling of cold wind sprinkling little needles all over his feet. His body stretched outward to begin the day. His hand reached up to his forehead for a silent massage.

With his head all cleared he finally looked to his side to see a beautiful woman in nothing but underwear. A ray of joy hit his face, and his head leaned down the peck the woman on the cheek. Her eyelids tightened up and then opened to the lack of warmth by her side. As she raised her head, she wiped away the sleep in her eyes. Her beautiful gaze drew to the man in which she saw before her eyes.

“Good morning.”

She stared into space for a moment, her thoughts not fully aware.

“...mmh. Good morning.”

The woman put her hand over her mouth and let out a large yawn to carry away her sleepiness followed by a good long stretch.

He then got out of bed and began to spread out his outward, making them finally way. His cold feet met with the equally cold floors below. He shuffled his way over to the dresser nearby and began to pull some lighter clothes that seemed to be perfectly new.

Once put on, he grabbed a long, red apron from behind the bedroom door and began to tie it to himself.

“What are you fixing?”

The woman looked at her husband with wonder. The man’s smile grew brighter as he observed his beautiful wife.

“Your favorite.”

The man began to open the door when his wife yawned once more before her eyes widened to that of normality.

“Bacon too.”

The man chuckled to himself and turned back around, his smile bigger than ever.

“Okay.”

After the quick meal eaten and the couple being dressed, they went out into the bustling town where they confided themselves. Through the town were many shops, beautiful skies, and even a beach off to one side.

The two happily shopped. The young wife looked around while the husband, equally as young-looking, watched her as she shopped.

“Ento, look!”

In front of his beautiful wife was an ornamental sword of great craftsmanship. From a family of knights, his wife, Fia, had been collecting swords, practical or not, since she was a little girl.

The sword to which she referred was of a light steel color, and its hilt was quite long for a blade its size. It was much more proportional to a large knife. Still, its uniqueness was what made it so alluring. Ento could see his wife pulling out her wallet before bearing the bad news.

“It’s just for display.”

Fia immediately froze. Her head slowly creaked its way to look up at her husband's face before looking down at the sign where the price should be.

‘This item is just for display purposes only. It is not for sale.’

Fia let out a big sigh and looked down at the floor before perking back up with a look at her husband. Without warning, she jumped out, grabbed on, and kissed her husband right before the display sword she was just disappointed about.

She very soon after latched onto her husband and began to pull him along, her smile just as radiant as ever. The newly married couple continued on their shopping spree: looking, spending, and loving.

Before long, most of the day had passed and the two were on they’re way home hand in hand. Both started and ended their shopping spree happily. They both were grateful for the other and the town in which they lived.

Through the corner of the man’s eyes, he saw a certain golden hue that felt indescribably familiar to one he knew from long ago. He nearly looked directly at what he saw, but a loud scream was heard from a distance.

Screaming turned into silent muttering, and soon, the two knew. A man dressed in all black ran through the street with a large knife-like weapon in hand. As he charged forward, not caring who stood in his way, Ento became caught in his path and took a large gash to his side as the robber passed by.

Ento’s body seemed to falter for a moment as his knees buckled and dropped him to the floor. The man continued to run through, trying to get away with the weapon. With a frail, old lady in his sights, he continued outward with the idea of cutting her life short.

“Fall.”

Those words coming from behind the man were the last thing he heard before he tripped on nothing but the ground itself. As his body fell, the blade which he had been holding seemed to hold itself up on its handle in an unnatural way. His body, whose fall was out of his control, very quickly approached the blade that stood on the ground perfectly still.

Ento, lying on the ground, had outspread in arm as he spoke. Just as his words were finished, his palm was covered by his forceful fingers. After such a display, his body began to unnaturally shiver slightly. His beautiful wife dropped down and began to check his wound.

“Someone bring a doctor!”

She cried out into the crowd of people. A small group had begun to run to find a doctor while the rest watched the scene in front of them. Tears began to flow from her eyes as she looked at he husband who could die at any moment. Through her tears, she could see her husband laughing silently.

“I’ll be fine as long as a doctor shows. I’ll be fine.”

His breath was shallow yet firm as if he knew the outcome. It may not have stopped his wife’s tears, but it definitely instilled a sense of confidence. The doctor, tools in hand, came soon after to heal the man’s wounds.

 

 

Author's Note:

This chapter ended up a bit late. I kept feeling something was off about the chapter, but couldn't pinpoint it. In the end, I wrote the whole thing again, and it turned out alright. It was better than it was, anyway.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter despite my lateness. Please continue to support by spreading this story. Much appreciated.

0