Incident 098-31-05-1124
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Through the night of the full moon was the beauty of the full moon down on those who still wandered the street. People walking home, to work, or somewhere else entirely; that was who filled up the empty street. The usually dark streets were lit by the moon that seemed the dazzle in the black sky it brought.

With the night came the time for those of the negative who wished to live their lives. Even still, it was not safe to wander the streets like those of the positive: the humans. Similar to the humans who were similar to that of the wolves, those of the night had made their own groups, packs, gangs, and such things.

Sitting on the ledge of an unoccupied balcony was a man possessing a snout and unkempt brown fur. As the men all walked to their destinations, the wolfman, Innatus, stared down in search of his prey.

It took a long while, but he finally saw it. A pale, well-off-looking man, who seemed to be on his last legs, was waddling along the sidewalk. As he watched him, patiently waiting for the man to become separated from the small crowd, his hunger grew rapidly. He began to lick his lips without earnestness. His patience was running out quickly, but he had no choice but to wait for his food to leave the public eye.

The man finally reached a point where all others had left. With a quick and final confirmation, Innatus jumped down into the alley where the man had been traveling. His pawed feet walked across the ground, leaving long scrapes like that of chalk. Even with the noise being produced, the man was completely unaware of Innatus’ presence.

It was only at his touch that the man finally knew he was there. Without him even being able to speak, the large beastman covered his mouth with his paw-like hand.

“Give me everything you have.”

Innatus’ sharp claws slowly inched their way toward the pale man’s side. With the smell of the man’s fear being blown right into his nose, Innatus could barely keep his composure enough to have a good play. Still, he knew he had to hurry this up.

“I don’t have all night. Hurry it up.”

The man being held in Innatus’ hands was shaking. It was almost unnatural how frightened he was. Even children would not react so strongly to a beastman’s presence. The man's fearful hand reached into his pocket and grasped the wallet he carried in his pocket.

His hands quivered as they pulled the wallet from his pants. When finally exposed, Innatus’ hands grabbed the wallet to finish his hunt. Innatus licked his lips once again as he checked how much money the man had on him.

“Three gold coins. That’ll have to do.”

With a quick throw and catch of the coins, Innatus inserted the coins into his tight pants pocket. With his first and minor goal completed, he released his hand from the man’s mouth. Almost immediately, the pale man ran with all his life. His adrenaline-filled body was moving faster than even those particularly athletic individuals.

Again, Innatus licked his lips and watched the man run a distance away, only a few seconds from the alley exit. Unfortunately, the man was stopped by the speedy Innatus with his legs adapted to running prey. Within a second away from his escape, his back was cut open by the long claws of a beastman; the impact of the floor seemed to leave the man unconscious.

Innatus watched as the man fell to the ground, blood trailing off with his descent. His hunger, now hitting its peak, forced him into a wild fury as his claws pierced the man’s stomach. Just as he was about to take a bite of the unconscious man, he was disturbed by the presence of another.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

The man sat right at the alleyway entrance, watching the entire thing without his presence being known. As he stood, he brushed off his pants of any lingering dirt or debris.

“This is why you shouldn’t wait until the last minute to eat. Your senses may be heightened, but your focus is too poor. You might have seen me otherwise.”

Innatus stared at the man who appeared due to his own arrogance and stupidity with uneasiness. He seemed oddly calm despite the sight of a beastman hunting.

“How long have you been watching?”

The man smiled as he reached into his left breast pocket and grabbed the pocket watch contained inside. With a click of the button, the cover opened, revealing the hands of time continuously moving within.

“Why the hell does the police station close anyway?”

The pocket watch was quickly closed after he figured out the time and placed it back in the breast pocket. Just as it escaped from view, Innatus charged forward at the man dressed in a trenchcoat and slashed down his giant claws, but the air was the only thing he cut.

The man let out a sigh as his body torso moved backward, effortlessly dodging the beastman’s fierce attack. Just as Innatus tried to turn around, the man had already drawn a gun from a hidden holster and prepared his shot. With little effort, the man pulled the trigger, allowing a loud bang to release along with the starting of pain in his knee, causing Innatus to fall to the ground.

“God, I love these things. Now I’m curious how far I can go with just this.”

The man put the gun back in the hidden holster and approached the beastman, who shook like a preyed-upon rabbit.

“Now,”

The man paused and stared deep into Innatus’ eyes. He could feel his body becoming weak as blood poured from the wound he incurred. As the man got closer, his eyes winced from fear.

“What should I do with you?”

Innatus was confused. He opened his eyes to look up at the man once again. Suddenly, the man smiled.

“Beg. Beg for your life.”

Innatus lay there, stunned by what he was hearing. He wanted to refuse, to not give in, but he knew that wasn’t an option. Before his loyalties, before his family and friends, before even his own name, was his life.

“Just kidding.”

Innatus, who was already in a posture of submission, was completely embarrassed by the opponent before him. The man had already pulled out the weapon from his holster again, pointing it straight at Innatus’ head. With a quick press, the gun fired off, flying straight through Innatus’ head.

With the deed done, the man put away the gun once more and stared at his work.

“Willus would probably kill me if I brought her another head within the same month, wouldn’t she.”

The man mockingly laughed to himself.

“I should probably just take it to the police and leave before they can tell me to take the trash.”

 

 

Author's Note:

I ended up taking much longer to write this than I thought...

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please share this story if you can, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

0