Chapter 50: Future plan I
608 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait, Wait. Friday, From what I remember, The Eight Greed Kings are supposed to be Humanoid players, Right? And they are one who spread Tier Magic throughout the New World or something like that." Arthur asked, even though most of his memory about the Overlord story is clouded, he still remembers some of the stuff and the rest is remembered by Friday. 

[I have previously said, Sir, this is not exactly Overlord. So this is one of many changes that I previously stated. While in the original world, the Eight Greed Kings are indeed Humanoid or Demi-human. But in this world all the Eight players are Demi-human. And just like the canon they along with the Six Great Gods have indeed spread the YGGDRASILL magic system in this world.]

[And the Six Great Gods are Humanoid players except Surshana, Who is an Undead. Another thing is that both groups of players are hostile to each other and are ready to kill each other on the spot.]

[This is also the reason why both the Slaine Theocracy and the Greed Empire always fight, it's due to this that their vassal states are also hostile to each other.] Hearing Friday, Arthur asked a question. 

"Friday, Both groups of players—Six Great Gods and Eight Greed Kings—are humanoid and Demi-human respectively. So why do they have hostile relations with each other? From what I remember YGGDRASILL only has racial discrimination against Heteromorphics players." 

[It's because of power, Sir. As both groups of players can be considered a peck powerhouse of the present world—they both want to centralise the world around them.]

[Four hundred years ago, the Six Great Gods were transported into the New World. These players protected the humans from monsters at the time when they were on the brink of extinction. And because of their power and ability to create miracles, they were worshipped as gods. And they are the first ones to introduce the tier magic system to New World residents.]

[But around two hundred years later the Greed Kings arrived and they started their conquest to conquer the world and make it their. And the only ones who could stop them were Six Great Gods.]

[And due to the presence of two great powers, this world split into two—one where all the humans came and worship the Six Great God as their god and other is where all the Demi-human worship the Eight Greed Kings as their ultimate ruler and God.]

"And I take it that all the dragons also worship the Eight Greed Kings as their god." 

[Precisely, Sir. And just like in the YGGDRASILL, all the Heteromorphic is still the common enemy. So if news about Nazarick did go public then their target would shift to us.] Friday concluded—just then the door opened as Yuri entered the room while pulling a pastry trolley. She still has her iconic business face. 

Arriving in front of Arthur, Yuri made a small bow: 

"I prepared all the things just like you ordered, Ancient-same. Then shall I pour you some coffee, My lord." 

"You may. Also pour some coffee for yourself, Yuri." 

"—Forgive for my insolence, My lord. But as the maid of Nazarick, I can't follow your request, Ancient-sama. To drink at the same table you are declaring myself as your equal, which is a sin of the highest degree." Yuri said as he went on one knee, her face down not daring to look up to the supreme beings in front of her. 

'What the actual fuck. I just wanted a company to drink my coffee, so why are you protesting yourself before me.' 

"Yuri Alpha, have you forgotten who I am? If I said you are going to drink with me then you are, is that clear." 

"Yes, Ancient-sama." Yuri's voice chorused the whole room as she stood up from her kneeling position and without waiting a moment she began to prepare the coffee along with the pastry.

*Sigh* 'It would be much better if they could relax around me. Maybe I should have added that to their flavour text.'  

—After preparing the coffee, Yuri placed one coffee in front of Arthur along with a golden pastry, Which Arthur had never seen before.

"Here is your {Angel Frost} coffee along with {Golden Sap} pastry, Ancient-sama. If the coffee is not to your liking there is also {Asgardian Black} and {Midgard Royal} for you to choose." 

"This is enough, Yuri. And have a seat." Arthur pointed the seat opposite to him. 

Yuri showed some hesitation to sit in front of Arthur but her hesitation quickly vanished when Arthur looked at her.

Even though she is an undead—Dullahan—she can consume food like living beings but this is not a necessity for it's more like a choice. If she wants she can consume food if not then there is no problem.

After Yuri sat down on one of the seats, Arthur picked up the coffee and took a small snuff as he did the thick aroma of the coffee rushed through his nostrils.

As Arthur took a sip—the bitterness along with light milk-sweetness exploded in his mouth giving Arthur a describable feeling. The term 'Food Orgasam' is a very close word.

'Damn, this is good. It was my first time drinking coffee this good, What is this made up of.' After Arthur drank his coffee, he turned to the pastry, the one Yuri called {Golden Sap}.

The pastry looked like a slice of cake which seemed to be made up of pure gold. It even has a glow to it along with a design that looks out of the world—making the pastry look like a piece of art rather than food.

Taking a bite out of the pastry, Arthur fell into a sensation that was vastly different from the coffee, which he previously had.

After eating all the pastry. Arthur thought:

'This is life. That was one of the best dishes I ever had. You should also try this, Friday. I forgot you don't have a body to try these dishes.'

[I can just copy your receptors and imitate these tastes so you don't have to worry about it, Sir. Though I have to say as ruler of Nazarick you shouldn't embarrass yourself in front of a servant, Sir.] Hearing Friday, Arthur immediately came back to reality and looked at Yuri who was observing him after she finished her pastry and coffee.

"Is the pastry not to your liking, Ancient-sama." Seeing that Yuri misinterpreted her blank state, Arthur put a sigh of relief.

"No, Yuri, It was one of the most delicious pastries I have ever eaten."

"Thank you for your kind words, Ancient-sama. I will tell the sous-chef just that. Now shall I take the cup, Ancient-sama or do you want another cup of coffee." Yuri said in her strict professional demeanor. 

"No, Yuri, You can take it." Without a delay, Yuri cleaned the table and put the teacups and dessert plates back into the pastry trolley. 

And with a bow, she exited the room leaving Arthur alone.

"Now then, where were we again, Friday." 

❌❌❌

How was the chapter? If you have any advice for me, please comment on it.

please leave a review and comment, if you like Fan-fic.

I posted 15 advanced chapters on Patreon, If you want to support me, check it out. You only need $3 to become my Patreon.

patreon.com/Clockwork439 

16