Chapter 14: The Forest Giants
1.2k 4 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He then started walking in the direction of his destination—the Forest Giants.

Without much of a hassle, Arthur was able to find the place where the forest giants lived.

The place gives the feeling of a primitive village with huge trees surrounding the place, each tree resembles that of giant pillars from the pyramid.

Detecting the presence of an unknown person approaching their village, one of the giants—who are over three meters in height and has light green skin with muscle which looks like it's made of steel with a massive two-handed battle axe in his back, which gives the impression of a born warrior.

Seeing the hulking figure approaching Arthur and started to speak.

"Player, what are you doing on our land?" The giant has a deep voice, and just by listening to him speak, I can't tell that he's artificial intelligence. For this, I must once more express my gratitude to the game's creator for creating such a wonderful game.

"I have come to meet the chief of your tribe." Without wasting any time, Arthur said.

"If you wanted to meet our chief, then give me a reason; why should we allow you? We can't allow an outsider to meet our chief without permission."

"My name is Ancient One, and I have knowledge of The Ancient Dragon Tribute, the killer of your previous chief." I said. After hearing this, there was some time of silence. The giant in front of me then turned to face another giant and said, "Inform the chief about this." even though the other giant stayed where he was standing and continued to speak in a low voice with his hand in his ear. Eventually, the other giant nodded to the giant in front of me.

"All right, follow me." The giant said, "Okay, I'll show you the way." and he led me to what appeared to be a sizable hut made of mud and wood, with a circular wall covered in a vast array of hieroglyphic characters and symbols.

When the giant manning the entrance noticed that I was approaching, he moved the curtain covering the hut's interior to the side and the giant directing my path moved to the side of the entrance as if to indicate that I should enter on my own.

The interior of the hut doesn't appear to be anything special. There is a sizable carpet covering the entire floor with an odd-looking symbol on it, and there is a sizable throne on which a large figure is seated. The gigantic figure stood about five meters tall and resembled a mountain.

"What would you like to discuss regarding Ancient Dragon Tribute?" As soon as he recognized me, the chief inquired.

"It's considered impolite to approach someone without first introducing yourself, right chief of a forest giant? My name is Ancient One, what about you?" asked Arthur.

"Name is Urib. What would you like to discuss about Ancient Dragon Tribute?" The chief, now known as Urib, questioned Arthur.

"Oh, I am aware of every aspect of Ancient Dragon Tribute, from where he is right now to the reason for his presence, but as the saying goes, nothing comes for free, especially knowledge. is that correct, chief?"

"What would you like in exchange for the information, Player?"

"I want to learn your tribe's blacksmith technique. In return, I will kill the Ancient Dragon Tribute and bring his core."

Urib said, raising his deep voice to speak directly to Arthur, "Do you think we wouldn't be able to kill him and why would we believe you who is from a monster race?"

Arthur responded oblivious to the situation. "Actually, No, because he is in MÚSPELLSHEIM and because the lord of JÖTUNHEIM forbids such a thing as traveling to another world, you cannot kill him there. So, you need my assistance if you want to exact your revenge on your father and the previous chief."

"So how is it that you will teach me the blacksmithing skills of your tribe in exchange for killing the Dragon and bringing justice to your father? For both of us, it's advantageous."

"Okay, but you're a warrior, aren't you? Why do you want to learn our blacksmithing technique? Blacksmithing training only brings you down right now."

"Keep your end of the bargain, and I will keep mine, you don't have to worry about that." said Arthur, not wanting to explain his {Alternate Ego} ability.

"If you kill the dragon and deliver his core to me, I'll teach you all the blacksmithing skills that our ancestors taught us." Urib said. A system notification appeared immediately after.

{You unlocked a Quest 'Revenge for the Tribe'}

------------------------

{Revenge for the Tribe}

Avenge the previous chief and father of Urib, Who is killed by Ancient Dragon Tribute—When he tried to escape from the Lord of MÚSPELLSHEIM.

The tribe Who lost their previous Chief is still searching for their Chief killer.

Fulfill Condition

• Kill the Ancient Dragon Tribute.

• Present the Core to the chief of Forest giants, Urib.

Reward

• Receive Blacksmith technique, which is handed over by Giant ancestors .

• 200,000 Gold.

• Three stats in strength .

Failure

• You will lose your reputation among the Forest Giant.

• Cannot purchase items made by Forest Giant.

----------------------------

I opened my inventory after noticing that a quest had been given, took out the Core of Ancient Dragon Tribute I had previously killed, and gave it to the Urib.

There was a brief period of silence after the Giant noticed the vivid red crystal in front of the Urib before it was broken by his laughter.

"Hahaha..., When was the last time I laughed like this?" Then Urib turned and waved his hand at Arthur, saying, "Very well, since you have finished your part, I'll do mine."

{Congratulations! You have completed the quest 'Revenge for the Tribe'}

{You have received your reward}

{You received 2,00,000 Gold }

{Three stats in strength have been added}

{You have Forest Giant gratitude}

.

.

{Congratulations! You have fulfilled the condition for your Skill {Alternate Ego} by completing the Quest {Revenge for the Tribe} issued by Forest Giant Chief, Urib.}

{Congratulations! You unlocked New Racial class 'Demon Golem' in your {Alternate Ego} skill slot.}

{You can now customise your new avatar.}

{Congratulations! You have unlocked the new Job class 'Creator of myths' for the racial class 'Demon Golem'.}

{Conditions have to be fulfilled for further Job class upgrade}

After closing the system interface, I looked at Urib.

"Since my job here is finished, I must leave." As soon as Arthur finished his sentence to the giant, he quickly left the area.

❌❌❌

How was the chapter?

If you love fan-fic, please leave a review and a comment.

Join my patreon for advance chapters. Thank you 

59