Chapter 23: New Friends
1.2k 8 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Four months have gone since the World Tournament. Arthur got much more popular as a result of the incident. And being popular means being pursued by more players who only want to murder him.

Usually, while Arthur is in the middle of grinding, a group of Players will always pop out of nowhere and start throwing hands at him without saying anything. Though Arthur always wins with ease. That's right. This is a normal event in Arthur's life in YGGDRASIL.

Since the World Tournament, Arthur has had to deal with this type of stuff every single day, as opposed to the usual once, twice, or perhaps three times each week. He occasionally had to contend with two groups of Players who were trying to murder him at the same time. And until he decides to conceal himself or assume other forms, this won't end.

But After becoming a World champion, the players started to actively start to search for him.

Arthur evolved into what many players refer to as a "Cap Player." The Killer will receive something fantastic if a player is slain. No, calling anything fantastic is already putting it mildly.

A special job class, 558 unidentified items overall, 200 million gold, and a 100% inventory item drop rate are the other factors. The current reward for Arthur is that.

This was not just Arthur's problem but all the world champions are facing the same problem, but Arthur being a heteromorphic race made it easier for other humanoids to target him. As they don't have to deal with the penalty of killing a player.

Arthur is notorious for treating his hunts cruelly. It is true that he reportedly won't let someone leave until they are completely 'undressed'. The majority of the Players who wanted to pursue him were terrified by this fact, but the bounty changed everything. Many had gone completely bonkers and chose to take a chance.

And the DEVs were the ones that launched the bounty hunt; when the game community inquired about them about it, their response was, "Who doesn't like some Chaos in their adventure."

Well, they are called 'bastards' for a reason.

Additionally, the DEVs are offering growth-based bounties. It started off at 20 million for all of the World Champions, but as time passed, it increased to its present level. Although the unique Job class is unknown, some people have developed assumptions about the job class associated with "thief," but this hasn't helped matters.

And no one is sure what the large quantity of items is, but many people had the impression that it was only a collection of common items. It just seems too fantastic to be true that there is something great in there since that number is so great.

The Gold, Class, and a bunch of items are great, but what drives everyone crazy is the 100% Inventory item drop.

After winning the world championship, Arthur is known by a variety of nicknames in the YGGDRASIL community that all players enjoy using. Depending on the subject he is in, each title differs. One title in particular, The Plunderer, stands out among the others.

As the title suggests, he takes everything from his opponent and leaves them with nothing.

However, despite all this, the number of bounty hunters did not diminish. Given his nature, Arthur would prefer to go with the flow than hide since he enjoys the excitement of such an adventure.

In addition, Arthur made a sizable sum from the bounty hunters, thus he cannot claim that he detested the notion of being a "Cap player".

🔹🔹🔹

In ÁLFHEIMR, the realm of magic where the spirit and elves reside, a silver armoured being can be seen fighting against four humanoids and three demi-human players.

The silver armoured warrior's shield and armour have also lost some data, giving the appearance that they are engaged in a fierce battle. The surrounding region has also seen some data loss.

"Here comes the 200 million." Said one of the humanoid players, who looks like he is from a winged human race.

Suddenly a voice calls them from behind, catching all their attention.

"Nice weather," Said the humanoid-looking being. "but it seems like, my fellow over there is having some difficult time."

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" asked one of the humanoid warriors.

"Me? I am just your normal player, who stumped upon the injustice that you are causing the poor fellow over there."

"And as a believer in equality, I..." The humanoid player didn't even finish his sentence as the mage interrupted him.

"He is a non-human player." the mage said as the warrior followed after him.

"Is that so, KILL HIM." Said the demi-human warrior as soon as the mage tells about the opponent being heteromorphic.

"Why does nobody have the patience to wait until I finish my sentence? But anyway I will give you guys two options. First, I won't kill you, if you guys are willing to walk away fr..." They didn't even let him finish as the sword and arrow arrived from different directions, but he dodged all the incoming attacks.

"Damn, didn't I tell you guys to wait until I finish my sentence?"

"But anyway, since you made your choice then don't beg for mercy."

.

.

.

After defeating all the enemies, he turned to a silver armour-wearing insectoid, who was looking at the humanoid looking.

"Who are you? What do you want?" The insectoid asks.

"My name is Ancient One and I come looking for you, 'Touch me If you dare'.(Touch me)" Ancient one aka Arthur introduced himself—after coming to original form—to the renowned warrior as well as one of the key members in Ainz Ooal Gown.

"Oh, a fellow world champion, so why are you looking for me, are you also after the bounty." Touch me said as he was extremely cautious of Arthur.

"Don't be so cautious, if I want you to be dead then I won't go through the struggle to save you and I also don't have any interest in bounty."

"So, what do you want from me? If you are not looking for a bounty."

"I was looking for a member to form a clan and I heard that you had a clan, so I thought instead of making one why not join one."

"And the most important reason being—having two world champions in one clan makes it cooler for roleplaying." Hearing his words, Touch Me was silent for a moment as if verifying what Arthur just said.

"Ulbert, it seems like I have met your fellow Chuunibyou." Touch me said in a low voice, but Arthur was able to hear it.

"Hey, you do know that I hear that, right? And for your reference, I am not Chuunibyou, I am just roleplaying," Arthur said. "So, are you in or what?"

"This is not something I can decide on my own, I have to ask my friends about it and then we can decide on letting you join our clan or not."

"And let me tell you something, we are not that big of a clan—instead of a clan it's more accurate to call it a party— currently there are only five members including me." Touch me said.

"Five? That's more than enough—What are you waiting for to show me the way."

🔹🔹🔹

[FIRST PERSON POV]

Touch Me led me to, what looked like a hut in the middle of the forest and there were four inhuman appearances in front of the said hut.

From their outfits—there was a swordsman, a ninja, and two unknown players.

"He is the one I told you guys earlier." Touch me said the Inhumans before turning his sight to me.

Earlier I did notice Touch Me using a scroll, so I am not surprised that they know about my arrival.

"Then, Ancient one-san let me introduce them to you, from the right—Warrior Takemikazuchi, Nishikienrai, Amanomahitotsu and lastly... "

"Wait! I will give my introduction." Said the player with the goat face as he interrupted Touch Me in the middle of his speech.

"The name is Ulbert, Ulbert Alain Odle, the ruler of demons, Patriarch of darkness. Demon of Great Disaster." Ulbert introduces him in a dynamic form as the red aura emerges from his body, giving him an evil yet cool look.

He then looked in my direction as if asking me to introduce myself. Without beating a minute I step forward and activate my own cosmetic aura, as the black aura emerges from my body.

"I am Ancient one, the First Born, The Ruler of Evil, Bringer of Destruction. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ulbert." I said as my aura collided with Ulbert's aura creating a dense atmosphere.

[Congratulations! Sir, you have met your fellow Chuunibyou.] Friday commented.'Shut up, Friday.'

Both he and I stared at each other before an emoji floated behind Ulbert.

"Is that {Evil Presence}—the cosmetic aura that is worth 3k dollars and is only available on Halloween night." Ulbert asked in a serious tone.

"Oh, yes, cool right? it even has a five-level intensity for me to adjust." I said in a proud voice, this cosmetic aura is one of the best there is, even though this is a little expensive for others—for me, it is like a drop in the ocean.

"You blow away 3k on such a thing, that sick bro." Ulbert said.

"Well, I don't look at the price, If I like something I just buy it and you are not one to lecture me, your aura must be {Unholy Scream}—a cosmetic aura available only on Halloween and even if it is not expensive as the mine, it costs at least 1.5k bucks."

"Stop it, you two." Touch me said both of us, turning our attention to him. "The reason he is here is to ask whether he can join our little group or not. so what do you guys think?" He said as he looked at his team members asking their options.

"I am fine with him joining our group." The first one to speak was Ulbert followed by other members.

Seeing no one was against me joining them, Touch Me just nodded and told me to enter the hut, which I happily followed.

❌❌❌

How was the chapter? If you have any advice for me, please comment on it.

please leave a review and comment, if you like Fan-fic.

I posted 15 advanced chapter on Patreon , If you want to support me, check it out. You only need 3$ to become my Patreon. 

52