Chapter 38: Aura and Mare
1.3k 4 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Nothing much, Sir. The same things we predicted and the reason why you didn't feel much emotion is indeed due to the racial class {Faceless One} you possess.]

[As top in the Doppelganger hierarchy—It can be said to be a race with shapeshifting ability—we can say that even their emotions and feelings are copied from other beings. As such, the problem of your body not being able to feel emotions can be related to this. But this problem can be solved if you change into one of your avatars or use shapeshifting.]

"But Friday, there was no such problem for Pandora's Actor and Narberal Gamma in canon."

[That is probably because they are NPC—Their personality and character were pre-determined or because they didn't have a racial class similar to {Faceless One}.]

"Is that so, Then Friday—did all other power I wished was granted?"

[Yes, Sir. The powers that you previously wished for—such as {Extreme Luck}, {Future Sight}, and {Instant Dungeon}—had been integrated into your being. And the pain you previously experienced is due to your whole being becoming a singularity.]

"Good to hear, So any other things I need to know, Friday."

[Nothing, Sir. But I have to warn you to be careful around Angrboda.]

"Why? Didn't you already make sure that nobody from Nazarick would ever betray or hurt me?"

[But I don't write—not to break your backbone while having sex. And it's just a warning; you don't have to take it seriously, Sir.]

[As Angrboda's description states, she is a widowed Jotnar—now there are chances that she is sexually frustrated and is ready to make her way to your bedroom at any time.]

"Okay, Friday, I will keep that in mind." Saying Arthur equipped the ring of Ainz Ooal Gown.

The power of the Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown was unlimited teleportation between named rooms of the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick, and it would even allow one to teleport into the Tomb from the outside. Since Nazarick was awarded the ability to block teleportation into or within itself (except for a few specific areas), this ring was very handy.

The only places where this ring could not teleport its wearer were to the Throne Room and the various guild members' personal rooms. This ring was also required to enter the Treasury, which is why he could not do without it.

As he unleashed the ring's power, the world before him instantly turned black.

Right after that, the scenery in front of him changed, and his surroundings were now a dark tunnel. At the end of the tunnel, he could see what looked like a giant lowered portcullis. Within the tunnel were artificial lights.

"Now..." Arthur muttered to himself.

He walked down the wide and high passage, toward the portcullis ahead of him. The stone floor amplified the sound of Arthur's footsteps, and at times he could hear echoes.

The torches that lined the tunnel flickered constantly, and as a result, the shadows they cast seemed to dance. Bathed in the light of several torches, he cast several shadows at once, and it seemed as though there were multiple Arthurs.

He smelled something as he drew near the portcullis. Arthur stopped and took a deep breath. It was a strong scent of earth and grass - the smell of the jungle.

But how did his body breathe, without lungs or a windpipe? Arthur felt that thinking too much about such things was foolish, and put it aside.

As though it sensed Arthur approaching, the portcullis swiftly raised itself into the ceiling at just the right moment to let him through. Past the barrier, what Arthur saw was a circular arena, surrounded on all sides by many tiers of audience seats.

The Colosseum was oval in shape, with two hundred meters on its long axis and two hundred fifty meters on its short axis. It was forty meters tall and modeled after the arenas of the Roman Empire.

There were {Continual Light} spells cast everywhere, illuminating the grounds in white light, so one could observe the entire Colosseum like it was day.

The audience was composed of many clay dolls—golems, in other words—that showed no sign of activity.

In this Colosseum, the intruders would be the stars of the show, while the ones watching from the VIP box would be members of Ainz Ooal Gown. The main event, of course, would be a brutal melee. Apart from the fifteen-hundred-man invasion, every single invader met their end here.

Arthur walked into the center of the arena and looked into the heavens. Before him stretched a black expanse of the night sky. Perhaps he would have been able to see the stars if there had been no light around him.

However, this place was the Sixth Floor of the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick, so in the game, the sky here was merely a virtual imitation. But after merging with reality, it looks as real as possible.

Even that imitation required a massive amount of data, but as a result, the sky here could change with the time of day, even showing an actual sun with appropriate daylight effects and four seasons, which can be controlled from the throne room.

Arthur looked around, and nobody was there. The twins should have been taking care of this place...

He noticed something.

"Toooooooh!" After the shout, a figure leaped from the VIP box.

The figure jumped down from a height of about six stories, somersaulted in mid-air, and landed as though it were a butterfly descending on a flower. There was no magic involved, only pure physical prowess.

It negated the force of the impact with a simple flexing of the knees, and it smiled broadly.

"V!" It made a V-sign of victory.

Her hair resembled threads of spun gold, and it grazed her shoulders. The light reflected off the strands of hair resembled an angel's halo. Her mismatched eyes, one blue, one red, seemed as eager and sparkly as a puppy's.

Her ears were long, and his skin was dark. She was a Dark Elf, a species related to Forest Elves.

She wore a shirt of light leather armor, reinforced with red dragon scales. The emblem of Ainz Ooal Gown was proudly displayed on her vest, stitched in gold onto a white background. Below that, she wore a pair of white pants, matching her vest. A necklace with a glittering golden acorn pendant hung from her neck, and she wore a pair of gloves reinforced with plates of enchanted metal.

A whip coiled across her waist and right shoulder, and there was a longbow on her back. The bowstave and grip seemed to be covered in strange decorations.

"Aura, I don't see Mare with you," Arthur asked the dark elf, she is 72 years old.

He was addressing the Guardian of the Sixth Floor of the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick, Aura Bella Fiora. She was a skirmisher who was also able to summon and tame beasts.

Aura jogged over to Arthur. Well, to her, it was a jogging pace, but she was traveling as fast as one of her beasts at full speed, rapidly closing the distance between them.

Aura screeched to a halt.

Her running shoes had hihiirokane metal plates on the soles, and they threw up clouds of dust as they ground against the floor of the arena. The clouds did not touch Arthur's body; if she had planned that, then his skills must have been impressive indeed.

"Ancient-sama has graced us with his presence! How rude are you going to be by not showing your face to him?"

There was movement in the shadows of the VIP box.

"Was Mare there too?"

"Yes, that's right, Ancient-same. He's really timid... Oi, jump down here now!"

An almost inaudible reply came from the VIP box. Judging by the distance between there and here, it was a miracle the other party could even hear Aura. However, that miracle was the result of the magic on Aura's necklace.

"I, I can't, Onee-chan..."

Aura took a deep breath and grabbed her head.

"He... he... Ancient-same, he's just scared, he's definitely not trying to insult you."

As a member of society, one had to know when to speak from the heart and when to say things that were appropriate for the occasion. Arthur nodded and answered in a gentle way to put Aura at ease.

"Of course, Aura. I have never doubted your loyalty."

Aura sighed in relief, and then she became serious again before shouting angrily at the VIP box.

"The Supreme Being Ancient-sama has come to visit us, but you as a Floor Guardian aren't even here to meet him!"

"Uuu... I'll take the stairs down..."

"How long do you want Ancient-sama to wait!? Get over here now!"

"I, I got it... e-eiii!"

Mare had gathered up his courage, but his voice still seemed unsteady. After that, a figure jumped out of the VIP box.

As expected, it was a Dark Elf. This Dark Elf was particularly wobbly on his feet, completely different from how Aura had handled her landing. However, he did not seem to be hurt. He must have skillfully dissipated the force of landing with some athletic trick.

After that, he immediately began running over as quickly as he could. However, his top speed was still much slower than Aura's. She must have thought so too, because she frowned and shouted:

"Hurry up!"

"Y-Yes!"

The Mare who finally arrived in front of Arthur looked almost identical to Aura. They had to be twins, given the way they shared the same hair, the same eyes, and the same features. However, if Aura was the sun, then Mare was the moon.

He looked nervous, as though he was afraid of being scolded.

"I, I'm sorry I kept you waiting, Ancient-sama..."

He nervously raised his eyes to peek at Arthur. He wore a vest of blue dragon scales and a small cape that was as green as jungle leaves.

His clothes had the same basic white color as Aura, but a short section of flesh peeked out below his short skirt. It was short because the rest of his legs were covered in white silk stockings. He had an acorn-shaped pendant on a necklace like Aura, but his was made of silver.

Mare was much more lightly armed than Aura, with a pair of lustrous white gloves on his dainty little hands, and a gnarled black staff in his hands.

Mare Bello Fiore.

Seeing that both of them arrived, Arthur stated his business for arrival.

"I'm glad to see that the two of you are in good spirits."

"I'm positively overflowing with energy... although it's been a bit boring recently. It would be nice if we had an intruder or two."

"I, I would rather not have to meet intruders..., they're scary..."

After hearing Mare's words, Aura's expression changed:

"...Haa. Ancient-sama, please excuse me for a while. Mare, come with me."

"O-Oww... Nee-chan, that hurts..."

After seeing Arthur nod slightly, Aura pinched Mare by the tip of one of his ears and dragged him away from Arthur. Then, she began whispering into Mare's ear. Even from a distance, one could tell that she was scolding him.

"...Intruders, huh? Well, much like you, I don't want to meet them either, Mare..."

'At least, I'd rather meet them after having the chance to make all the preparations I need,' Arthur thought as he watched the twin Guardians from afar.

After he snapped back to reality, Arthur realized that Mare was on his knees in front of Aura, who was hurling a torrent of abuse at him.

Arthur smiled, as the scene reminded him of the brother and sister who were his friends:

"That should be enough, don't you think." Arthur chuckled softly as he called Aura.

❌❌❌

(My faithful readers, it is I, Clockwork. I am here to talk about a small, a very small, announcement. The following one or two chapters has plot similar to orginal overlord, But don't worry it will change after the first lemon chapter.)

(One more thing, This is actually important. As I previously mentioned this volume is about war with Gods (Six Great Gods and Greed Kings) but the problem is I am currently lacking ideas for how to make Nazarick and the gods fight each other. I do have some idea but they all lack depths and feels little boring. So if any of you have any interesting idea share with me.)

How was the chapter? If you have any advice for me, please comment on it.

please leave a review and comment, if you like Fan-fic.

I posted 15+ advanced chapters on Patreon , If you want to support me, check it out. You only need 3$ to become my Patreon.

patreon.com/Clockwork439

49