Chapter 42: Foolish Question
1.3k 5 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pressure crushing their heads to the ground suddenly vanished.

Even after the departure of the master of their revered creators, nobody raised their heads. After a while, someone sighed in relief. The tense atmosphere is gone now.

The first to get up was Aurora followed by Albedo. Their dress was stained where their knee had touched the ground, but they did not mind at all.

After seeing both of the Overseers rise, the others followed suit, though nobody dared to speak.

"That was scary, I thought I'd be squashed flat."

"As expected of Ancient-sama, his mere presence would have such a great effect on us Guardians..."

"As. A. Supreme. Being. His. Might. Overmatches. Ours. But. I. Did. Not. Expect. Him. To. Be. This. Powerful."

Thus the Guardians shared their impressions of Arthur. The aura that Arthur unknowingly emitted was the source of the power that had crushed the Guardians to the ground.

And this aura was the by-product of one of his job classes called {Evil Incarnation}, which produced a passive aura that inflicted fear on who looks at him, because the Guardians were all level Max and Arthur were doing it unintentionally they don't bear the full effect of {Evil Incarnation}.

Besides inflicting a fear effect, it could also give mild illusion and severe pain for low-level beings. But due to this being a minor case and Arthur always loves surprises, Friday didn't inform him about this ability.

"Ancient-sama must have unleashed the air of authority that represents his right to rule."

"Indeed. Before we started our positions, Ancient-sama did not exert this much of his might. However, once we showed ourselves in the role of Guardians, he must have revealed a fraction of his awesome power to us."

"In. Other. Words. Ancient-sama. Revealed. His. True. Ability. As. A. Ruler. In. Response. To. Our. Pledges. Of. Loyalty."

"That does seem like the case."

"He didn't radiate that dominance when he was with us. Ancient-sama was kind."

Aura's words caused the other Guardians to emit an air of tension. It was condensed jealousy that was almost visible to the naked eye. The worst-off was Albedo. Her clenched fists shuddered and her nails threatened to rip through the fabric of her gloves.

Mare's shoulders trembled, and then his eyes went wide.

"That, that must have been the true power of Ancient-sama, the ruler of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. It was amazing!

That changed the mood instantly.

"Exactly! He showed us his ability as an absolute ruler in response to our feelings... as expected of our creator. The zenith of the Forty One Supreme Beings, and the kindest one... "

"Kind? Who? Ancient-sama. He is anything but kind. And the suppression all of you felt might be because of his aura that he released unintentionally. If he really wants to pressure you all. Then Ancient-sama would have released his aura without holding back." Antares commented.

"What Antares said is indeed true, If My Lord wants to pressure us and intends to give a glimpse of his power, he just has to fully unleash his aura without holding back."

"How do you know that he held back his aura, Aurora?" Demiurge asked.

"Because in the past there was a match between the supreme beings to determine who is the biggest 'chuunibyou', while both Ulbert-sama and Ancient-sama denied them being 'chuunibyou'—they still participated in the match and on that day both Ulbert-sama and Ancient-sama flared their aura and defeated all other Supreme Being," Aurora explained to the other Guardians.

"Chuunibyou? Huh, What does that mean?" Demiurge asked with curiosity.

To which Aurora shook her head—indicating that she has no idea what that means.

"Interesting, maybe it is something only supreme beings are aware of...." Suddenly Tatsumaki raised a question while interrupting Demiurge.

"Hey, Didn't you just hear what Ancient-sama just said? He said all other Supreme beings passed away and why aren't you guys saying anything about it." Hearing Tatsumaki a dreadful silence pressed on the Sixth Floor.

Seeing the situation is getting uncontrollable Rory—Co-Gurdian of Eighth Floor—started speaking while pressing down all other pressures which the Floor Guardians unconsciously realised.

"What do you expect them to say—that their creator sacrificed their life for them because they are useless and couldn't even help the Supreme beings that created them."

"Or the fact that because of their powerlessness all the Supreme beings sacrifice themselves and make their life meaningless and their mere existence becomes useless."

Because of Rory's small structure—which can be compared with Shalltear and Tatsumaki—the word she spoke can be taken as a joke but none of the Guardians take it that way. Even Tatsumaki, who is short-tempered and has a sharp tongue did make any remarks on what Rory said.

After Rory finished talking, there was silence for a moment followed by a sobbing sound from Aura and Mare, while the grown-up people such as Demiurge, Albedo, Cocytus and Shalltear tried to play it naturally even after hearing the news of their creator passed away.

—And another reason which indirectly helped them keep calm was because of the flavour text that Friday added to their description. And not to make them extremely sad or depressed after hearing their creator's death.

But that was not the case for Aura and Mare. They are not able to control their facial expressions. While Shalltear was an undead she couldn't produce tears thus she was silent the whole time. But Aura and Mare being children of Dark Elves weren't able to control their emotions when they heard Tatsumaki.

Angrboda quickly hugged both crying children and started to calm them down with her motherly words and actions.

"I didn't mean to make you guys mad. I just asked because none of you seem to have any care about it. Sorry." Tatsumaki immediately apologized seeing that her word caused discomfort among the Guardians.

After the Tatsumaki apologized and the problem was somewhat subjected—sebas said:

"Then, I shall take my leave first. I do not know where Ancient-sama has gone, but I should stay by his side."

Jealousy flashes over some of the female Guardian's faces including Albedo but she quashed her feelings and replies:

"I understand. Then, Sebas, serves Ancient-sama well and does not disgrace him. Report to me if anything happens. In particular, if Ancient-sama summons me, you must let me know immediately. Everything else is of secondary importance to that!"

"I understand, Albedo. If I waste too much time here, I will not have enough to properly serve Ancient-sama, which would be disrespectful. Therefore, forgive my abrupt departure, but I must take my leave. Floor Guardians and Co-Guardians, I bid you all a good day."

After saying his farewells to the wide-eyed and open-mouthed Guardians, Sebas immediately jogged away, as though to leave Albedo behind.

"Very well. Then, let us move on to our plans for the future. And quickly finish the orders our master has given us." Albedo spoke as she gave her own instructions to Guardians.

❌❌❌

How was the chapter? If you have any advice for me, please comment on it.

please leave a review and comment, if you like Fan-fic.

I posted 15 or more advanced chapters on Patreon , If you want to support me, check it out. You only need 3$ to become my Patreon.

patreon.com/Clockwork439

35