Chapter 48: Maid
1.1k 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur sat on a chair and looked at the mirror before him. The roughly one-meter wide mirror did not reflect Arthur's face, but a patch of land that devoured any life forms. The mirror was like a television set, showing images of a distant plain.

The occasional moving of undead in the plains suggested that it was not a still image.

As time passed, the sun—which had been obscured by thick clouds—slowly began to peak out from its cover. This pastoral scene, almost poetic in its beauty, stood in stark contrast to the former location of the Great Tomb of Nazarick, the desolate world of HELHEIM.

Arthur reached out to the mirror and swiped his hand right. The mirror's image changed.

This was a {Mirror of Remote Viewing}.

This was a magic item used to display an image of a specific region. It was a very useful item for player-killers or player-killer-killers. However, there were low-level spells that occluded information-gathering spells that could hide people from the mirror's eyes. In addition, it was easy for users to be counterattacked by offensive barriers, so it was an average item at best.

However, for the present circumstances, an item that could show the outside world was a very useful item indeed.

Arthur enjoyed the movie-like quality of the undead and ghouls within the mirror as the image changed. 

'Seems like there is no village nearby, Friday—just like you said.' 

[That is what I keep telling you, Sir. You won't be satisfied with my answer.] Arthur didn't say anything to Friday as he continued to check the wasteland.

The scenery and the angles with which it was viewed changed within the floating mirror. Although he had made several mistakes so far, Arthur kept changing his gestures to alter the landscape within the mirror, hoping that he would find someone. However, up till now, he had not found any intelligent beings for instance a Humanoid.

He repeated the same simple gestures over and over again, but all the images he got were the same: plains. Arthur was starting to get bored, so he looked at the other person in the room.

"What's wrong, Ancient-sama? I stand ready to heed your every command."

"No, there's nothing. Yuri."

Yuri was the other person in the room. She might have been smiling, but her words seemed to hold some kind of subtext. Although Yuri was absolutely loyal to him, She along with Sebas had objected to Arthur's excursion to the surface without bringing his followers along.

Indeed, just after Arthur returned from the surface—from Shalltear's bedroom—Yuri had accosted and lectured him. 

Arthur said what was on his heart. 'What will I do with her...'

Being with Yuri made Arthur think of his guildmate Yamaiko. After all, Yamaiko was the one who had designed Yuri.

'Did Yamaiko have so little faith in me that she made an NPC to babysit me?' Arthur thought while he looked at her beauty.

Yuri Alpha is a beauty with an intelligent look, wearing glasses and a blue collar around her neck, most likely to keep her head attached to her body since she is a Dullahan. She wears her hair tied into a low-cropped bun at the back of her head. Lacking a metal plate in front of her skirt, her dress emphasizes mobility rather than defence. She is equipped with spiked gauntlets.

[IMAGE HERE]

Noticing Arthur's intense stare, Yuri asked:

"Is something the matter, Ancient-sama?"

"Nothing, Yuri. I am just wondering where Sebas is—As the head of Pleiades shouldn't Sebas be the one who attends me." Hearing Arthur, Yuri looked like her will to live has shattered.

"I am so sorry, Ancient-sama. I didn't know that you were uncomfortable with me. I will immediately call Sebas and replace my duty with him. I shall immediately disappear from your sight—if you want I will immediately end this pitiful....." Seeing that Yuri took his words the wrong way, Arthur interpreted her.

"Stop right there, Yuri. It seems like you misinterpreted my words—I don't find your presence uncomfortable, Yuri. I am just curious about why you are present instead of Sebas."  Hearing this, Yuri's pale complex recovered as she once again entered strict looks as she replied.

"It would be because Lady Yamaiko assigned me to your personal Maid, Ancient-sama. Lady Yamaiko was worried that you would do something dangerous, So she assigned me the honour of being your shield in need." Yuri said as she gave a small bow at the end.

"Is that so, then it's good. Although I apologize for making you accompany me for so long."

"What are you saying? Staying by your side and obeying your orders is the reason for a maid's existence, Ancient-sama. There is no need to thank or apologize to me... although, it is true that this process took quite some time. Ancient-sama, would you like to take a break?"

"No, there is no need for that. But it would be good to have a cup of coffee for me to drink. If you're tired, you may go and rest."

"Thank you for your kindness, but it would be unthinkable for a maid to rest while his master worked. With the aid of magic items, I am not affected by fatigue either. And I shall immediately pass your need to the chief. Now if you excuse me I shall go to the cafeteria to pass your order." Yuri said with a small bow.

"Yes, you can go. And also bring a pastry for me to eat." 

"Gladly, My lord." Saying so Yuri exited the room. Not before giving instructions to the maid outside the door.

❌❌❌

How was the chapter? If you have any advice for me, please comment on it.

please leave a review and comment, if you like Fan-fic.

I posted 15+ advanced chapters on Patreon , If you want to support me, check it out. You only need 3$ to become my Patreon.

patreon.com/Clockwork439

19