Chapter 1: The encounter
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Haruto Sunegawa:

After the end of the school, I walked straight towards my shoe locker to change my shoes. I stood there for a few moments and took a deep breath.

This was it... my last hope.

I slowly opened the locker and found nothing but my shoes. In a disappointing manner, I took my shoes and checked again inside the locker. Yeah... there was no chocolates.

Don't worry, my head is okay. I only thought of this tiny possibility of getting chocolates inside shoe locker because I have seen girls doing this to boys in middle school.

Today was Valentine's day - probably the best day for handsome normies. And simultaneously the worst day for guys like me. Not only because I never got any chocolates from any girl in Valentine's day but also because I always witnessed my friends getting chocolates from their girlfriends and crushes. 

I, Haruto Sunegawa, was a first year high school student. I would not call myself ugly but my attractiveness was zero. However, I was not some introvert otaku. I was socially very active. I even volunteered helping in many occasions for my class. I temporarily worked as the vice president of my class. But even then, I was not popular among girls. Heck, I didn't even hear any girl talking about me.

"You don't need a girlfriend to be happy.", I kept consoling myself by saying this. But today I couldn't help it. As usual on Valentine's day, the whole class would be full of romantic atmosphere. But the main culprits were my two best friends: Itsuki Akazawa and Amane Fujimiya.

Itsuki was your typical handsome guy. Thus he also had a cute girlfriend, Chitose Shirakawa. And as you expect, both of them always flirt with each other in front of me. However, the way Chitose gave Itsuki the Valentine's chocolate, makes me a little 'lonely'. 

But I had Amane, my other best friend, who was like me who didn't have a girlfriend. So at least I had someone who I could accompany at this tough time. BUT I WAS WRONG. 

Just a few days ago, I came to learn the fact that Amane actually had a cute neighbour in his apartment... who was none other than the most beautiful girl of our class, Mahiru Shiina! And she actually cooked for him regularly! Can you believe it? Even Itsuki didn't until he actually caught them.

Amane you traitor! I thought we were comrades. Now it looks like I'm the only one who is alone.

Anyway, so back to the story....

"I'm so jealous of you two.", I blurted out my honest thoughts to them after the end of the school.

"What happened?" (Itsuki)

"You two are getting lots of love from your girlfriends daily. And today you also got chocolates." (Haruto)

"Oi, when did I get a girlfriend?" (Amane)

"Why? You bastard have got Shiina-san." (Haruto)

"H-How many times do I have to tell you she is just my neighbour?" (Amane)

"Hahaha." (Itsuki)

"Stop laughing Itsuki. You're the one who told Haruto about that. I told you not to tell anyone." (Amane)

"It's okay Amane. Haruto is also our friend no?" (Itsuki)

"Anyway guys, I'm also happy for Amane. Hope you and Shiina-san always stay like that." (Haruto)

"Sigh... For the last time, We two are not a couple yet. And she didn't even give me chocolates today." (Amane)

"Yet... But you will. And she will also give you chocolates tonight, I'm sure of that. You two are neighbours after all. Just wait." (Haruto)

"Eh? How can you be so sure?" (Amane)

Both I and Itsuki just smiled patted Amane's back. This guy was a little dense after all.

So after all this, we three separated and I was on my way to home. However my mood was still very off. So I instead went to the nearest children park where I usually stay whenever I feel sad.

I sat down on one of the benches of the park. I was very lonely. I wanted to divert my mind to somewhere else. But I was depressed. 

Honestly it was very naive for me to even think of getting chocolates from girls when they don't even like me. In today's world, girls don't even give obligatory chocolates to boys because of possible misunderstandings. I mean they are indeed correct about this. A boy can easily get misunderstood. So it's better not to give them false hope.

And that's why I'm sure of Shiina liking Amane. There's no way the girl would cook regularly for someone whom she doesn't like. Amane definitely is dense though. I hope he realizes the situation very fast. Lucky bastard.

Meanwhile what should I do now? My two best friends now have their own girls. I'm only left alone. I want to cry.

"You want to cry, my boy?"

"Eh?"

At that moment, suddenly a young lady wearing some dress like a goddess appeared out of nowhere in front of me.

"You want a girlfriend too, right my boy?", she asked me.

"Excuse me, but who are you? And how do you know what I was thinking?"

"I'm the Goddess of love.", she proudly introduced herself. 

I was still dumbfounded. 

"So, you believe me?" (Goddess)

"Yes." (Haruto)

"Eh? That's unexpected! You already believed my words." (Goddess)

"Well. Two reasons. First, there's no way anyone would know my internal thoughts otherwise. Second, you are really beautiful like a goddess." (Haruto)

"Eh? Hehe~~ You naughty boy. Flirting with a literal goddess."

The Goddess blushed and playfully pinched my cheeks. To be honest, I had no intentions of flirting with her. I was too busy being confused that I blurted out my honest thoughts. 

"I think you are confused about what I'm doing here?" (Goddess)

"Yes." (Haruto)

"I'm here to help you getting a girlfriend." (Goddess)

"Eh? Really?" (Haruto)

"Yes. So do you have any type in your mind?" (Goddess)

"Eh? So I guess.... probably someone like you?" (Haruto)

The Goddess suddenly got reddened in embarrassment. She started murmuring something which I didn't understand. 

"Jeez! Y-You naughty boy! You are hitting on me. I'm a goddess you know. W-Well to be honest, I wouldn't mind it if it's me you want.... B-But No! Because I already decided on someone for you!" (Goddess)

"What are talking to yourself?" (Haruto)

"Nothing! Just look at that girl there." (Goddess)

She then indicated me towards a school girl who was sitting on a bench far away from mine. Wait, I knew her. She was actually one of my classmates. Her name was... probably Himegawa.

"That girl right now is heartbroken." (Goddess)

"Heartbroken? But why?" (Haruto)

"That you have to figure out yourself. You have to heal her broken heart. So now it's time to leave." (Goddess)

"Eh? You're leaving? But I'm still confused." (Haruto)

"Just remember one golden rule: Always try to think from the girl's perspective. Oh and you can also call me anytime, my dear. Bye." (Goddess)

Then suddenly she vanished. 

I... was probably dreaming until now? Yeah... I have officially lost my mind that I have started seeing god, deities.

But... that girl Himegawa was still there. Should I go and check her? I don't know why but I decided to do what that goddess or whatever my imagination was, told me to do.

I slowly moved up towards her and saw her holding a packet of chocolates with tearful eyes.

"Excuse me." (Haruto)

0