Chapter 1
511 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

《[Voice of the World] has been granted》

《Ultimate Skill: [Lord of Chaos, Nyarlathotep] has been acquired》

《Unique Skill: [Keeper of the Akashic Tome] has been acquired》

《Unique Skill: [Great Sage] has been acquired》

So these are the skills 'He' chose for me?

It's going to take a while to get used to these warnings in my head, but whatever. All for the dream, I say.

《[Unique Skill: Great Sage] requests permission to connect with the [Voice of the World]》

Great Sage?

《[Unique Skill: Great Sage] requests permission to connect with the [Voice of the World]》

I understand. I don't understand anything.

"Permission granted?"

Could it be a bad idea to give access to an unknown skill to another skill? Is the [Voice of the World] also a skill?

But if 'He' chose these skills, I don't have much to think about. After all, there was no need for tricks. Our business agreement was simple and straightforward, so things like this would be quite unlikely to happen.

《[Unique Skill: Great Sage] connected with the [Voice of the World]》

《REPORT! Requesting permission from the master for worldwide analysis and evaluation》

The voice was still mechanical, but this time it formed an articulate sentence, as if it could really talk to me directly...

So this was how the Great Sage worked?

He used the [Voice of the World]'s alerting ability to connect with me?

"Worldwide analysis and evaluation. So there was a function like that?"

Gathering information is very important, considering my situation. After all, I was sent to another world after forming an agreement with something I can only consider to be a 'God'.

《REPORT! For more information on the capabilities of the master's skills, go to <Status Screen>》.

Status screen? Was there something like that too?

So I'm like a game avatar?

I've barely started my journey, and the news keeps coming. As expected from the other world.

"<Status Screen>."

- - -
<Status screen>

[Name]: Asahi Sugawara

[Race]: Human

『Level 1』

『Attributes』

Strength: I-10

Endurance: I-10

Dexterity: I-10

Agility: I-10

Magic: I-10

『Skills』

Ultimate Skill: [Lord of Chaos, Nyarlathotep]

Unique Skills: [Keeper of the Akashic Tome]; [Great Sage];

Extra Skills:
- - -
[Voice of the World]
*Direct access to the 'Root' of mysticism.
*<Status Screen: All the bearer's information is recorded and quantified in『Level』, 『Attributes』 and 『Skills』.
*[Unlimited]: Through experience and development, you can grow indefinitely.
*[Skill Builder]: Skills are developed based on the bearer's accumulated experiences.

Ultimate Skill: [Lord of Chaos, Nyarlathotep]
*[Dark Spectrum]: By consuming the target's essence, an equivalent "Dark Spectre" is created with the same power that can be summoned at any time. The greater the difference in essence between the summoner and the spectre, the less power can be replicated.
*[Sharing]: It is possible to share the Spectre's senses and experience.
*[Thought Acceleration]: Increases the speed of thought processing by a million times.
*[Parallel Processing]: The ability to separate thoughts and analyze phenomena.
*[Lord's Ambition]: The user's Aura exerts powerful spiritual pressure on its targets and inflicts them with potentially lethal magical effects.
*[Universal Sense]: Allows perception of almost all things within a wide radius.

Unique Skill: [Keeper of the Akashic Tome]
*[Naming]: Assigns a name to a nameless entity. Two or more entities cannot share the same name. The more powerful the name, the higher the cost. [Current names]: 0
*[Evolution]: All named entities can evolve and receive potential based on their name.
*[Loyalty]: All named entities have a natural sense of loyalty to the one who named them.

[Great Sage]
*[Thought Acceleration]: Increases thought processing speed by a thousand times.
*[Analytical Evaluation]: The ability to analyze and evaluate a target.
*[Parallel Processing]: The ability to separate thoughts and analyze phenomena.
*[Chant Cancellation]: When using Magic, chanting is no longer necessary.
*[All Creation]: The ability to understand any phenomenon not hidden in the world.
- - -

Looking at the semi-transparent screen in front of me, I couldn't help but feel surprised. The amount of information was greater than I expected, but also detailed enough not to be difficult to understand.

My『Level』 and『Attributes』 seemed as low as possible, but it was the field of『Skills』 that stood out.

So these are the skills I received?

Wasn't it a bit too operational?

Not that I'm complaining. But it was normal to be surprised, since I used to only rely on my own efforts before.

Minoru was a good training partner and without him, I would hardly have gotten as far as I did as a normal human. But he was nowhere near being a crutch that would support my growth.

[Voice of the World] was what made me something like a game character. I don't understand what it meant to reach the 'root' of mysticism, but just the limitless growth through [Unlimited] was all I could wish for.

You see, as a human without mystical powers like Magic, there was a limit to how far we could go, even with intense and continuous training. No matter how many techniques I mastered and how hard I worked to perfect myself, I would still lose out to a group of armed soldiers.

Humans couldn't move faster than a bullet. And even if I had the confidence to dodge and counterattack two or three armed people, I would still lose if I was surrounded. And even if I somehow found a way to win, I would lose if they attacked me with an atomic bomb.

As someone who wants to become the best version of me, losing to an atomic bomb seems a bit pathetic.

But to beat the greatest weapon humanity has created... even Minoru and I couldn't win with our skills. I mean, I died after losing against truck-sama, so let's not even consider what an atomic bomb could do to me.

With just the [Unlimited] function of [Voice of the World]... it was quite possible that I could overcome an atomic bomb.

[Skill Creator] was good enough to stir my inner self, but it wasn't as good as knowing that I could grow indefinitely, as long as I gained experience and kept improving myself.

As for my Ultimate/Unique Skills... they didn't have as much charm as [Voice of the World], but they were simpler and more straightforward in their uses.

[Ultimate Skill: Lord of Chaos, Nyarlathotep]. Although some of the sub-skills were similar to other skills, their main function was to give me an army by consuming its 'essences', something that remains to be discovered. I'm naturally a solo 'player', but it seemed fun to be a one-man 'army'.

Being surrounded would never be a problem again...

... but I'd still lose out to an atomic bomb-like attack.

[Unique Skill: Guardian of the Akashic Tome]. The capacity for naming, evolution and loyalty. Basically the ability to grant power through a name. It has yet to be tested what limit of a 'name' I can give without suffering for it.

I mean... would giving the name of a God to a random child kill me?

《REPORT! With the Master's current『Level』, doing that would lead to death》.

Oh, Great Sage? Can you know that too?

So, what『Level』 would I need to be to be able to do that?

《REPORT! Depending solely on your『Level』, it's advisable to only attempt it once you've reached『Level 8』》.

Level 8? Not 100 or even more?

That gives me two answers. Either this unique ability of mine is ridiculously absurd, or the maximum『Level』 limit wasn't something as absurd as Level 500+, but rather a low limit.

Level 10?

《REPORT! For more information, it is advisable to carry out a worldwide analysis and evaluation》.

Ah, yes. That brings us back to the beginning, with the Great Sage asking for this permission.

"Good~ proceed with the analysis."

《REPORT! Understood. [Analytical Assessment] being started》

《Analysis 01%...》

Receiving silence again, I waited for the Great Sage to finish analyzing this world. In fact, this seemed like a ridiculous idea in itself. But since my own ability seemed so confident, I wouldn't be the one to doubt it.

This brings us to the point. *[Accelerated Thinking] *[Analytical Evaluation] *[Parallel Processing] *[Song Cancellation] *[All Creation]... these are all functions of the [Unique Skill: Great Sage]. With functions like these, Great Sage would be the greatest support in this other world. Although incredible and even difficult to understand, there was nothing about this 'AI' that has been supporting me listed in the skill.

Do I need to worry?

《Analysis 09%》

Mah, let's leave that for the future me~

For now, let's focus on the city in front of me. A high wall that seemed to be made to withstand dozens of blows, circling and completely hiding the city within it.

The entry process was really quite simple. The guard asked me what my ambitions were in the city and I said I would live here. He looked at me with pity for a few moments and wished me good luck. Nothing too important to mention.

Inside, the city was even more incredible than I had imagined. An unusual mix of medieval atmosphere with a touch of fantasy and modernism. The most impressive feature was the huge tower in the center of the city. A tower that seemed to reach the heavens.

"What an interesting thing." I could feel something trying to look at me from that place. It was like a little nagging itch, which made me smile.

You wouldn't be a true warrior if you didn't develop your 'sixth sense'. Even as a human with no special powers, I have enough confidence in my intuition. And with the addition of [Universal Sense] via my Ultimate Skill, it was hard not to notice.

Did I attract the attention of the final boss?

It doesn't look like it. But something will definitely happen in the future because of this 'being' looking at me.

《Analysis 58%...》

For now, let's just move forward one step at a time. When this 'being' comes, I'll think about what to do.

Walking through the streets of the city that seemed to have split into eight sections, I marveled at the other world. Everything seemed livelier and brighter compared to my old world.

Especially the people.

Everyone was more unrestrained than they might have been if they had come from the same world as me.

Living their own lives. Following their own dreams.

Just like Minoru and I did.

As I marveled at the other world, my eyes met a pair of crimson eyes and I felt everything stop.

'Ah...'

This person... is not human.

Straight, loose golden hair with a touch of undisguised elegance. Crimson eyes full of pride and confidence. A white cloak covered her distinctly attractive and charming body, with red stripes adorning her torso. Golden earrings and bracelets finished off his appearance.

He's not human.

I'm sure of it.

So...

"... who are you?"

"What is your name, child?"

Along with my voice, she also said.

12