Chapter 1
117 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1

 

 

Calculating Stats…

Modifying Skills…

Manipulating Time….

Requiem System Boot Up and …….

INITIATE 

Weightlessness surrounded me as I floated in the vast emptiness.

 Am I dead…oh that’s right I ...died? But what was it again? What brought me here? The last thing I remember is going to sleep. Maybe all the overwork and exhaustion finally caught up to me. When I laid down to get my regular 3 hours of sleep my heart was racing to a point where it hurt. I shouldn’t have drunk that last pot of coffee. I had a feeling that my bad habit of drinking pot after pot would eventually catch up to me and well, it looks like it did. 

Taking in my surroundings I floated aimlessly for some time. There was no real way of knowing how long other than arbitrarily counting the minutes by seconds. I knew I wasn’t blind since I could see my body. Well, see it is kind of not right it’s more like I knew exactly where my body parts were but when I looked at them, they were transparent. Almost Ghost-like. 

My heart began to ache as I floated in the emptiness. I wonder who would find my body. Hopefully, it won’t be my brother he’s already seen enough death. My mom lived halfway across the country so it wouldn’t be her that much I could assess. My father wouldn’t bother checking in on me he was off on some weird soul-searching adventure, and it’s not like I have a girlfriend right now who would stumble on my corpse. Maybe it’ll get found by the landlord after a bunch of complaints.

As my mind wandered a faint glow started to encroach on my vision. It was a soft golden light that seemed to just pop into existence. It wasn’t harsh like you’d expect after basically being in darkness for who knows how long.

You have Died.

 No shit you don’t say 

But don’t fret. 

I raised an ethereal eyebrow and suddenly got excited, and yelled at the floating text. “I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU ASK ME IF I WANT TO BE REINCARNATED INTO ANOTHER WORLD WITH MAGIC AND SWORDPLAY IMA LOSE IT!

Since you are in the World Between you have an option.

Yep, this text is raising that glorious flag just like in Isekai manga and light novels. Maybe I’ll get to go on a grand adventure like all those protagonists. Where I’ll get a bunch of Overpowered skills and a…a…. HARE...

You may pass on to the great beyond. Or you may continue where you left off.

EHhhh. WHAT KIND OF... no calm down there’s no way other worlds exist. Of course, this kind of option is more realistic. Let’s just hear this thing out.

If you choose to continue from the last save point the Requiem System will be unlocked for the duration of this playthrough.

Requiem system? Playthrough? What the hell kind of backwoods ass Video game is this.

Would you like to continue? Y/N

A text box appeared in my vision with a Yes or No option. The golden text floating above the box faded away leaving just the command prompt box.

Seriously you’re not going to give me any further information. Ok, let’s think this through. Requiem system. What kind of system is it? Going by all the quote-unquote material I’ve read in my life these kinds of systems lead to all kinds of chaos. Getting command prompts like this signify a system similar to role-play game dialog boxes. Does that mean it’s a video game-style system?

My hand hovered in the air over where the dialog box was in my vision.

Yes, or no that’s all nothing else. No descriptions, no additional information. What happens if I choose No, do I just move on to heaven or hell. 

As I had this internal argument a timer began blinking in the top right corner of the dialog box. 

30

29

28

Well, this isn’t exactly the time to be slow. If I choose yes am, I brought back to life in my bed or am I reincarnated as someone else.

My thoughts raced through my head as I tried to calculate every possible outcome. The timer continued counting down as I hesitated. It’s not like I had the best life. It wasn’t terrible or anything but it wasn’t exactly Great. I wasn’t Rich but at the same time, it’s not like I was poor. I’m just a simple Video game streamer who makes dumb jokes on the internet for a living. 

20

19

18

Crap I need to make a decision quick Screw it 

I moved my hand over the yes option and clicked it. 

There’s no going back now so let’s just see how it ….

The void I had been floating in suddenly burst into a crimson light. Dialog boxes began popping up all around me, and the weightless feeling I had gotten used to disappeared as I began to fall through the void.

Void disabled, Reallocating Surrounding Mana energy for System Establishment.

Calculations Complete

Initiating Skillset and Stat set perimeters.

Complete

Triggering Re-life program.

23 percent.

I began to pick up speed as my body fell into terminal velocity. There was no time for me to even let out a scream as several of the Dialog boxes smashed into my body and shattered. My ethereal body started to become corporeal first my arms, then my legs, followed by my fingers, toes and such. A burning sensation started pulsating in my chest as more and more Dialog boxes slammed into me and shattered. It didn’t hurt but it wasn’t exactly comfortable.

Re-life 60 percent beginning Full body Reconstruction

A heads up would have been nice. This is worse than dying. Stay calm the system already said I’m being revived. I shouldn’t expect it to exactly be comfortable. 

Name: Ayke Jetlensr

Stat Adjustment based on calculations from previous life complete

A box appeared in my vision showing my name and stats. Making a slight chuckle escape my lips. An actual STAT box appeared.

STATS

Name: Ayke Jetlensr 

Age: 22 

Level: 1

Race: Human

Job: Entertainer 

Gender: Male 

Health Points: 500

Mana Points: 100 

Stamina: 100  

Stat Points: 25

Skill Points 30

Strength 5, Dexterity 5, Agility 5, Intelligence 15, Magic Resistance 1, Vitality 10

Wow, this IS some video game system. 

My eyes scanned over the STAT box, looming over each line with interest until I got to the first surprising line. “MANA!!! YOU’RE KIDDING ME MANA and MAGIC RESISTANCE.” I couldn’t contain my surprise 2 of the items on the list were completely beyond my expatiations. “Does that mean I’m going to be able to use magic once I’m revived.  

Allocating Basic Skills and Unique skills.

Woah, Woah, Woah, WAIT, THERES SKILLS TOO. This is getting to be too much, on top of that the system says Unique skills. Does that mean I’m going to get some overpowered protagonist skills?

Skill List populated please use Available Skill points to choose starting skills.

From my right, a command box flew in front of me. In it was a list of potential skills that I could choose from and their point cost. I motioned toward the box with my stats and lined it up next to the new box that had appeared. I suppose this is a game system after all. Good thing that worked. At least I won’t have to worry about constantly minimizing. It appears I can just slide things around similar to how I would on a tablet. Alright for starters it looks like I've got 30 Skill points to use. 

I slowly scrolled through the skills their costs ranged from 1-30. Alright, think. I'm not exactly sure what kind of new life I'm going to lead but a lot of these skills seem to be offensive. Based on that it leads me to believe that since I'm getting access to this system there is going to be some kind of fighting happening around me. Either that or spawns will begin once I make it back to my body. If that happens then I suppose that some attack skills would be a good idea. HOWEEVVERRRR. My eyes scanned over a skill called Inspect

For every attack skill, there seem to be several more Passive and non-aggression skills. I clicked on the Inspect skill and its description popped up. “Inspect: F-rank, inspect items to see their value.” This seems to be your basic appraisal skill; I wonder what kind of benefits it will have once leveled up. As if reading my mind, the system populated more information

Inspect – 5 points

F- Inspect items to see their value

E- See an items Status and retail value

D- Detailed Description available for an item 

C: Locked

B: Locked

A: Locked

Alright well, that’s something. Looks like skills are ranked in a tier system, instead of numerical values. Now I’m curious about whether or not skills are leveled up by using points, increasing my level or increasing my stats. That’s something I’m going to need to figure out once I’m back in my body. I'll grab this, for now, let’s see what else I can find.

I continued to scroll through the skill list while plummeting through the void. I had noticed that once it came time to allocate my skills all of those random windows stopped attacking me and had calmed down. Looking around I noticed that several were now following me instead. But as I went back to milling through the skill list they blinked out of sight.

After some time, I was down to 9 skill points. I had chosen multiple quality of life skills. Scan, Stat Sight, Language Knowledge, Memorize, MultiTask, and Overclock. All of these skills would increase my ability to cope with whatever changes were thrown at me as well as they would allow me to adapt on the fly with minimal effort. All of them were pretty self-explanatory. The Skill Scan allows me to see enemies within a certain area. At F it’s just a passive skill that’s always active and only has an effective radius of about 100 feet. Stat Sight allows me to see the stats and level of someone who is within 15 levels of my own. Language Knowledge is an auto translator of sorts. MultiTask allows me to split my consciousness into an extra auto pilot-style mind that is linked with my own. Overclock accelerates my thought speed, which would allow me to analyze situations quickly. 

Alright of what I’ve chosen id to have to say memorize will end up being the one I use most. It allows me to instantly memorize documents However it's scaled against whatever my current Int stat is. Which means I’m going to have to raise that skill if I want to be able to just flip through pages of a book and instantly memorize it. 9 points left what do I want to choose.

Looking over the remaining skills all of the good once cost at least 10 points there were a few that were 5 points but none of them looked useful. I would have liked to pick a Combat skill like Vorpal Strike or something but they were too high cost to even consider. But there was one skill that caught my attention. 

InvisaHand:

F: Creates 1 Invisible controllable Hand/Arm that can extend 10 feet

E: Creates 2 Invisible controllable Hands/Arms that can extent 30 Feet

D: Mana Point Usage Reduced by 50 Percent.

I had read several novels and manga in the past where the Main Character has a skill similar to this and it always turns out to be one of their most useful tools be it collecting items instantly or saving their friends. Since it was only 5 points I went ahead and added it to my list. With only 4 skill points left I decided to close out the Skill window and wait for whatever next prompt the system would give me. 

Windows representing each skill I had chosen appeared around me and began glowing with a golden light. They slowly began to circle me and then sped towards me breaking on impact similarly to how the random windows had been. But unlike those random windows these once these new ones made it to me, they would in turn glow with a golden light as they were added to my Status Window. 

Fist Skill Point Allocation complete

First Stat Point Allocation initiate.

A window similar to the skill point window appeared showing my stats and available stat points. Each Stat had 2 buttons on either side of the number signifying I could either add or subtract available skill points from the current number of stat points. It looks like its stat time. I need to be careful. Who knows if there is a respec function in this system that will allow me to adjust my points once they’ve been used? 

After some time, I finished up putting the available points into my stats. I had gone the route of a balanced build putting a little bit into each stat to round them all off. When I closed out the stat point window instead of windows attacking me again A blue light pulsed around my body giving me a warm calming feeling. I could feel a noticeable difference internally with these new buffs in place.

First Stat Point Allocation Complete.

After some time, the words disappeared and I continued to fall in silence and darkness. I wonder what’s going to happen now. Points have all been spent, I’ve got actual stats and skills now. Just how long is this stupid system gonna make me fall for? I took note that the windows surrounding me had finally either vanished or been absorbed by me. About time they were starting to mess with my vision. Seeing a bunch of random colors blurring pasted me was getting to me. I wonder just how long I’ve been falling for; it has to be at least an hour now right? 

As if on queue there was a bright flash of light followed by bell chiming. 

Installing Inventory System

Installing Map System

Installing Labyrinth System

Installing Dungeon System

Installing Monster System

Installing Demon System

Installing Fantasy Race System

Installing Aether Drive System

Allocating Available Earth Sphere Mana

This time instead of just messages the windows were followed by a woman’s robotic voice reading them aloud. Aether drive, Fantasy Race Labyrinth, Dungeon, Demons, and Monsters? What the actual hell I thought I was just being revived. Don’t tell me it's going to teleport me to a different world. While I don’t mind seeing fantasy race’s like elves and dwarves, can we not…

Error Allocating Mana from Earth Sphere searching for Mana Source.

Uh, that can’t be good right. I may as well see if I can activate these skills I just got. I flicked my wrist and brought up the skill menu. Huh, that worked looks like its all tied into my thoughts. I activated OverClock, MultiTask and Memorize, and watched as my MP dropped by 100 and slowly started regenerating. Good to know it looks like my regen is…wait a second. Looking up slightly I noticed a Red and Blue bar had appeared in my Vision with my name Above them. I hadn’t noticed them a second ago but they were suddenly there. It looks like I’ve spent too much time playing video games. I just naturally accepted it was there and didn’t even bat an eyelash.

Available Mana Sufficient, allocation complete

All other Systems Installation complete 

Stasis Bar Installation complete

Ah, go figure. So, the system didn’t notify me that it was installing it but instead only told me that the installation was complete.

Title System Complete

Assigning Title to New User

ALL RIGHT now that’s what I’m talking about. Titles, Stats, Skills its all Exactly like a game. 

Title Acquired:

Thinking on the Fly:

Revived:

Starter:

User:

Ok, so 4 titles to start looks like they are awarded due to not only skill use but also situations. Noted. Memorize was talking effect and doing its job. A Bright blue light appeared off in the distance below me. Looks like that’s my stop.

Requiem System Fully Installed and Active. User from here on Your Life is your own but do Not Get overconfident in your skills.

“OH, NOWWWW you acknowledge my existence Nice of you to notice me System Sensei” I snarkily retorted to the words in the air. 

User good luck the world as you know it will be vastly different. I hope that you prepare well …

That last part caught my attention as I stared at the oncoming blue light. “Prepare for What.” The System voice Chuckled in an unsettling way sending chills down my spine.

For the Chaos, the Future holds User number 721

Queue 721/1000

Before I could respond I broke through the Blue light as if breaking through a pane of glass and the sensation robbed me of my consciousness.

 

TO BE CONTINUED

 

Status Window

Name: Ayke Jetlensr 

Age: 26

Level: 1

Race: Human

Job: Entertainer 

Gender: Male 

Health Points: 1500

Mana Points: 500

Stamina: 100  

Stat Points: 0

Skill Points 4

Strength 10, Dexterity 7, Agility 7, Intelligence 20, Magic Resistance 7, Vitality 15

SKILLS: Inspect-F, Stat Sight-F, Scan-F, Language Knowledge-F, Memorize-E,  Multitask-F, InvisaHand-F, OverClock-F. 

Titles: Thinking On The Fly, Starter, Revived, User

3