Chapter 3
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 3
 

Crim Reaper & Syn Reaper

Rarity: Legendary

Type: Mid-sized Combination Swords

STR: Multiplier ¼ Strength Stat

DEX: Multiplier ¼ Dexterity Stat

VIT: Multiplier ¼ Vitality Stat

AGI: Multiplier ¼ Agility Stat

MRes: Multiplier ¼ Magic Resistance Stat

Rank: F-SSS

Description: These two blades were forged with Zenite Ore that was bathed in the blood of each Fantasy Race. The blades have No Dexterity requirement however they will not be able to be fully mastered until certain requirements have been met. Raising these two swords rank will, in turn, Unlock special attributes and skills. 

I couldn’t breathe as I gripped the blades tightly in both hands. Slowly the room I was in began to normalize, but the power radiating from the two swords. The longer I stared at them the more I began to notice that my eyes were beginning to sting.  Similarly, to the way, they would if I looked at a computer monitor or TV for too long. Each sword seemed to have an aura of its own, which lightly pulsated the air around it. 

Aren’t these buffs a little game-breaking? A 1/4th stat buff might not be much at my level but if I was to pass into the 100’s or higher the stat buff would be equivalent to being several levels higher. Well, the Protagonist always has to be somewhat overpowered I suppose. 

As I was stating that gawking at my new Legendary Grade items a small window had opened up on both of the blades, but since I was so engrossed in examining them, I hadn’t noticed right away.

Soul Binding Required, would you like to bind to the user.

Soul bind? I guess it’s some kind of anti-theft system for high-grade items. That’s quite relevant though considering these things would go for incredible amounts if I sold in some market or auction house. 

Placing Syn down on the floor in front of me I held out Crim. “Now then how do I go about soul binding.” Reading my mind again a system notification appeared.

To soul bind a weapon or item, the user must first present a drop of blood and merge it with said weapon or item, and then applying Mana to the affected area where the blood has landed. This process can only be undone at the Cathedral Located in Wyn Lake Labyrinth City.

Great another name I don’t know. Wyn Lake, Sarzon, and Faruthen, Three Labyrinth names. I got one new bit of information it looks like there are cities outside of these Labyrinths. I wonder if they’re in modern cities or fantasy towns.

Pushing that last thought down I turned my attention back to the Crim Reaper. “Alright so it needs blood and mana, the blood part is easy but since I can’t exactly control my mana, I’m going to need to look through the shop skills and see if there is a Mana Manipulation skill. For now, let’s just put these bad boys back in my inventory and investigate some more.” I said placing the two Legendary swords back into my inventory.

The Concept of mana was new to me. It's not something that existed before I was given access to the system. So, For the time being, I was content with just getting an awesome summon even at the cost of all my furniture, so I went about scrolling through the System Store casually while sitting on the floor with my back against the wall. “Would have been nice if I had at least kept a chair” I muttered 

The System store had a pretty basic layout, consisting of several tabs with basic categories such as Weapons, Potions, Skill Scrolls, Ability Scrolls, so on so forth. Once a tab was clicked on a list populated the window out of order, the order could easily be corrected with the filter option which was located at the top right of the window. As if knowing what I was doing I expertly navigated through all the different tabs and filters until I found several skills with the keyword Mana. 

Mana Ring, Mana Sphere, Mana Strike, Mana Arrow, the list continued on and on even with filters I could only narrow it down so much which left me aimlessly scrolling through ever skill scroll with Mana in its name. Until finally I came across and ability scroll titled Mana Manipulation. “Damn I was kind of hoping there would be some kind of cool fantasy-style name but looks like it’s just titled Mana Manipul…” I stopped mid-word because I caught sight of the price of the scroll. 

Mana Manipulation-F Ability Scroll

Cost: 5100 Coins

“You’ve got to be freaking kidding me 5100 coins just for an F RANK scroll.” Shaking my head angrily I cleared the window and stood up and began pacing the Furniture less room. 

Looks like for now I’m stuck without soul binding them. Not much I can do there. It’s too expensive. And I’m not about to sell my Streaming rig. For now, let’s just get rid of all the summons that wasn’t The Key or Swords. With a swipe of my hand, the extra items I had gotten from the previous 6 summons were all sold for a total of 1800 coins, which gave me a total of 2100. Damn still 3000 coins short.

My eyes slowly drifted over to my glorious stream rig, which consisted of 2 computers 4 monitors, an expensive keyboard and mouse, sound mixer, and 3 cameras. I mean… I COULD sell it all. The real question is SHOULD I sell them.

I couldn’t bring myself to get rid of the streaming rig. My bed is one thing, but my gear was how I made a living. It was the tool I needed most for my job so, in the end, I decided against giving the expensive computer rig over to the Requiem System. I let out a sigh and walked towards the kitchen.

“I guess I should drink those potions now. I’ve got 10 of the 100c Ones and 16 of the 250c, here’s to hoping that I didn’t waste money.” 

I motioned my hand in a sweeping manner and all 26 of the potions appeared on the kitchen counter in front of me in neatly organized rows. Each potion was contained in a small 3-inch glass vial with a flat base that tapered into a small opening at the top which was sealed with a cork. 

“Typical Potion Vials, that’s kind of a letdown. I guess I should just lower my expectations, not everything can be a new experience I guess.” I took notice of the color difference between the 100c and 250c potions, while the 100c potions were a murky orangish color, the 250c ones were bluish-green.

“Welp down the hatch.” Without investigating any further I uncorked one of the 100c potions and downed it in one gulp. A pungent taste overwhelmed my taste buds, and I forcefully choked down the vile liquid, all the while trying to not spit it out. As the fluid moved down my esophagus into my stomach a warm sensation filled my body. At the same time, a thin green bar appeared underneath my HP and MP bars and began to fill up.

“Blarghh, God that’s rough,” I said as I watched the bar creep to completion. Looking up the Status Window opened and a new line was added. 

Level Up: 1 -> 2

Experience: 0/200

“Alright, so that one potion gave me a level as well as it added the experience bar to my stat sheet. Looks like it will take 2 potions to get me up to level 3. If it continues on this way ima end up needing to choke down all these damn things.” I grabbed one of the 250c potions, uncorked it and sniffed it. The smell wasn’t any better than the first potion.

“25 more to go for 4900 experience, if I take into consideration that the experience seems to go up 100 points per level then it would be safe to assume that If I chucked all of these, id surely make it up to level 9 and be halfway to level 10.” The thought of having to drink all of these disgusting potions sent a shiver down my spine the same way the drinking cough medicine did when I was a kid. The kind of shiver that makes your whole body convulse for a second. 

There’s gotta be a better way to get all these down. OverClock-Senpai let’s get to work. OverClock activated as if it was a living being making my MP drop by 100. Unlike InvisaHand, the Mana cost was only on activation versus it being a constant drain on my Mana Points. With OC activated I looked around my kitchen for an idea on what to do. I wanted to get this done as soon as possible and I feared that I wouldn’t be able to keep all the potions down if I had to drink them one at a time. The image of my sink full of the expelled potions brought a sour look to my face.

What if I just throw them all into a pitcher and chug them all at once. No no that fixes the speed issue but not the taste. I paced around my kitchen going through my options only to stop in front of my pantry door. “Something about the taste.” I murmured while contemplating my next move. Pivoting on my left foot I reached out and grabbed the pantry door and began looking through it. After digging through all the random snack boxes and cereals I came upon what I was searching for.

“I wonder if this will hurt the quality of the potions, I’ve seen that happen before in different stories, while others it did not affect changing the flavor.” In my hand was a small box of lemonade flavored drink mix powder. I closed the pantry door and walked over a few feet to where my microwave was and crouched down to look in the cupboard for a device that would help with mixing the powder with the potions. “Blender, blender where the hell are you?” I moved around the random appliances housed in the cupboard and eventually dug out my blender, and set about mixing all the potions with the Lemonade powder while adding a little bit of ice to chill the mixture. After finishing the first blender-full a Notification appeared.

New Title Acquired: Amature Alchemist

New Title Acquired: RNG Master

New Skill Acquired: Alchemy-F

“Ha, can’t say I didn’t see that one coming.” Using the empty pitcher, I had pulled out earlier I dumped the contents from the blender and started using the rest of the potions. Once complete I looked at the full blender and pitcher, their contents had become a pea colored green that didn’t look appetizing in the least bit.

Skill Rank Up – Alchemy- F ->C

Caught off guard I opened up the tab to see what the skill ranks description was

Alchemy-C

F- Gain the ability to mix and create Low-Level Alchemy Products with a 50 percent chance of failure.

E- Mix and Create Low-level Alchemy Products with a 10 percent chance of failure

D- Mix and Create Medium Level Alchemy Products with a 50 percent chance of failure, 100 Percent Success Rate on Low-Level Products

C- Mix and Create Medium Level Alchemy products with a 10 percent rate of failure, Able to mix and Create High-Level Alchemy Products with a 90 percent chance of failure. 

I paused for a second while reading the Alchemy description. “From F-rank up to C rank that’s insane.” My eyes drifted to the 2 potion mixtures as Inspect-Kun did his job. But unlike before all I could see about these two mixtures was that instead of being called Experience potions, they were now called Lemon Flavored Experience Tonics. The name change sent my mind into a whirlwind. Did their effects change? Do they give more experience now? Has their value changed? What’s the difference between a Tonic and Potion? Are they high-grade items is that why Inspect-Kun can’t give me their descriptions?

All of these questions bombarded my mind in rapid-fire because of OverClock. Taking a deep breath, I leaned against the counter behind me wall cautiously eyeballing the two tonics. “Well I don’t think these will poison or kill me but there’s only one way to find out.” I stepped forward and grabbed the pitcher by its handle. “Remember what Dad taught me, when taking shitty medicine shoot it down like a glass of whiskey”, with those words of encouragement, I squeezed my eyes shut and gulped down the first Tonic and reached for the second while trying to not taste the foul-smelling liquid.

The second the liquid hit my tongue from the second tonic my whole body exploded in hot pain. It was as if someone was stabbing me in the stomach over and over with a hot poker fresh out of a fireplace. Clenching my empty fist tightly I finished the second tonic and instantly collapsed to my knees dropping the Blender container which shattered on impact.

“SON OF A BITC...” I forced my hands over my mouth my body began trying to expel the tonics. I was overcome with heat that rivaled being outside in the Florida Sun in the middle of July. I was instantly drenched in sweat as I tried keeping the fluids in my stomach and not all over the floor.

The heat was matched by an intense pain that was taking my entire being to not cry out. Shit, this was a mistake. I shouldn’t have tried drinking both I knew some crap like this would happen I JUST KNEW IT.

I felt every muscle in my body clench and compress over and over sending me from my knees down to all fours. The pain that started in my abdomen radiated through my entire body. Damn it, DAMN IT, DAMN IT. I did something that I hadn’t done since I was a child. I clenched my thumb into my fist and bit down onto my hand just below my thumb. It was something both my brother and I had done in the past to keep myself from screaming when we were hurt. 

The taste of blood flooded into my mouth as I bit down trying to contain any sound from leaving my mouth. When that wasn’t enough, I clenched my left fist and slammed it into the ground. Once. Twice. On the third time, the floor of my apartment cracked and caved in a bit around the area where my hand had connected with the concrete beneath the tile. The first hit had smashed through the tile, the second had reached into the concrete foundation of my First-Floor apartment, and the last one had created a small hand-sized crater. I could faintly hear the person who lives above me banging on the floor and yelling for me to stop making so much noise but I didn’t care.

I’ve always been good at handling pain but this was far beyond what I had experienced before

Warning, Warning Rapid Level Increase Warning!!!

Multiple notification windows began to pop up with red text. To the left of the warning windows, I saw dozens of smaller windows stating level up with a number next to them, but I was in too much pain to notice the numbers. 

My body felt like it was tearing itself apart and subsequently repairing the damage rapidly. On my hands and knees, I crawled out of the kitchen to my bedroom which was only about 15 feet away but even that felt like hell.

Every small breath felt like fire, every moment was followed with horrendous pain. But finally, I made it to the pile of blankets and pillows that were heaped where my bed once was. I made my way to the center of the pile and collapsed onto my side and eventually rolled to my back. My vision was starting to dim but I caught sight of a notification.

Abnormal Status Condition- Level Up Sickness.

A small chuckle left my lips right before I passed out. Yeah. I should have seen this coming… level up sickness.

Level up: 2 -> 45 

New Title Acquired: Rapid Experience

New Title Acquired:  Beginner

 
To Be Continued 
 
 
Status Window
Name: Ayke Jetlensr 
Age: 26 
Level: 45
Race: Human
Job: Entertainer 
Gender: Male 
Health Points: ?
Mana Points: ?
Stamina: 0  
Stat Points: ?
Skill Points ?
Strength ?, Dexterity ?, Agility ?, Intelligence ?, Magic Resistance ?, Vitality ?
SKILLS: Inspect-D, Stat Sight-F, Scan-F, Language Knowledge-D, Memorize-D, Multitask-D, InvisaHand-E, OverClock-D. Alchemy-D
Titles: Thinking on The Fly, Starter, Revived, User, Amature Alchemist, RNG Master, Rapid Experience, Beginner
 
 
Inspect D
F: Inspect items to see their value
E: See an items Status and retail value
D: Detailed Description available for item 
Stat Sight F
F: see the stats and level of someone who is within 15 levels of user
E: Locked
D: Locked
Scan F
F: Enemies within 100 Feet Appear as Red Dots on Map
E: Locked
D: Locked
Language knowledge D
F: Translate Languages at a fundamental level 
E: Understand and speak any language at a child’s level
D: Understand and speak any language at the level of a teenager
Memorize D
F: Scaled to users Intelligence Level, allows user to memorize documents quickly 
E: Memorization speed increased X1.5
D: Memorization speed increased x3.0
Multi Task D
F: Split Users consciousness into another consciousness allowing for simultaneous use
E: 1 added Consciousness
D: 1 Added Consciousness
InvisaHand D
F: Creates 1 Invisible controllable Hand/Arm that can extend 10 feet
E: Creates 2 Invisible controllable Hands/Arms that can extent 20 Feet
D: Range and Strength of Invisible Hands/Arms increased X2 
OverClock D
F: Accelerate Though Speed X1.5
E: Thought speed increased x3.0
D: Thought Speed increased X4.5
Alchemy-C
F- Gain the ability to mix and create Low Level Alchemy Products with a 50 percent chance of failure.
E- Mix and Create Low level Alchemy Products with a 10 percent chance of failure
D- Mix and Create Medium Level Alchemy Products with a 50 percent chance of failure, 100 Percent Success Rate on Low Level Products
C- Mix and Create Medium Level Alchemy products with a 10 percent rate of failure, Able to mix and Create High Level Alchemy Products with a 90 percent chance of failure.
1