v1c2: I’m Too Old for This
118 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sa Min, stop hiding. I know you're inside. Get you ass over you fucking bully. I'm not leaving until you come out!"

And the screaming just wouldn't stop outside his dorm, with those loud knocks on his door.

Sa Min, who was leaning on his lumpy bed, let out a frustrated sigh. What did this bitch want this time? He shut the yellow- covered book in his hand and put it away.

His glassy eyes went up to the old wooden roof of his room, ignoring the noise of the crowd that had awakened him earlier than usual. It's fine. He had to adjust his schedule anyway. Today was Harvest Day. Which meant…tomorrow was the Awakening Ceremony of the three clans!

But since the Liuo family was forbidden from entering the Sa Clan, the Clan would probably—as he heard—send someone to their house to give them the Force Apples and supervise their awakening.

I have enough apples force to open my sea core here and now and start cultivation immediately, Sa Minthought, casting the cotton white blanket aside. But that would only lead me into unnecessary trouble with the clan.

With a hushed yawning, he got up, stretching his arms wide, before approaching the window to open it. As the old wooden frame opened, a cool, crisp mountain air rushed in, bringing with it the fresh scent of pine needles soaked by the light rain of spring that had fallen all night.

He stayed there a while, chest bare, clearing his mind in the sunlight.

How was it now…sixteen years? Sixteen years since I'd owned this body. Sixteen years doing literally nothing but eating and shitting and wandering Tetra Blessing City. And from time to time, he would take some mission from the Cultivation Academy to break the boredom.

But that wasn't bad. He'd needed some time for his tired mind to rest.

Thinking that brought back vivid memories of his life before entering this body.

Those beautiful times, when he'd been always glancing over his shoulders, constantly being chased by the Heavenly Union Immortals, giving him no time to shit in peace, let alone cultivate. The whole world had been after him, all for the huge bounty on his head.

Until eventually he'd been forced to use the Ba Switch Yantra, losing his cultivation foundation in the process.

Regret using it? Hell no. He was thrilled that he'd used it.

Yes, he lost his rank 4 cultivation foundation that he'd gone through so much to reach, and if it weren't for the situation he was in, he probably would not have used it.

But what he gained in return was much greater.

The Ba Switch Yantra was an unknown ranked 8 Yantra and its requirements to work were quite challenging. Not only that its Ka — The Six-lines White Ring Ka — needed to be physically attached to the one you want to switch minds (Bas) with, but the target also had to be unsuspecting the switch, and his cultivation must be in the Bottom Realm.

And since Sa Min didn't have its Ka, what really worried him the most was whether the Ka ---The Six-lines White Ring Ka---- did exist in the first place, and if it did, whether it was attached to a Ka wielder with a cultivation in the Bottom Realm

There was no guarantee he would succeed in the first place.

So when he'd realized that it worked, he'd felt overjoyed, which he hadn't experienced in years.

If I had another way in my hand to get rid of the tracker that was on my body other than The Ba Switch Yantra, I definitely wouldn't use this Yantra but…

His bounty in itself hadn't been the problem, as the Immortals wouldn't have known his whereabouts. The real trouble, though—the source of all the troubles—had been those damn trackers. Because of them, the Heavenly Union had constantly been aware of his whereabouts and had constantly spread the information to the world.

I might have lost my cultivation foundation and strength, but my Ba (mind) and Boat are still with me.

Thinking on this, Sa Min could feel himself grow excited.

His mind, with all of his over 600 years of experience, the countless Yantras crafts, Ka recipes, rich battle experience, and his attainments. Such a mind would allow him to advance through ranks smoothly and quickly — well, that would depend on his aptitude grade, but still, if he used his experience well, no matter what his sea core he had, there's no question he would return to the Third Heaven.

I had a lot of time to rest and plan how I would go from here. But now it's time to cultivate. I'm now no different from non-wielders… actually, non-wilders is even more valuable than me.

Sa Min walked away from the window to his bamboo cabinet. The dorm was wide enough. It had three beds. None of them were currently occupied, though. Sa Min had kicked the only man who used to live with him after he'd found out the man had brought a whore into the dorm and banged her in his bed, leaving it dirty with piss and semen.
Sa Min opened the long, elegant bamboo cabinet wide and picked up his only robe—simple and gray with the Sa Clan's symbol on the right side of his chest. As he slid an arm through a sleeve, he couldn't help but glance to the corner of the room at the exquisitely carved wooden-framed mirror hanging on the wall.

A slim framed young man with an indifferent face looked at him coldly, a white ring around his neck.

He ignored his face in the reflection and gazed at his stomach area. There were two black round points, one atop the other. The one above sat just atop the navel, and it's called force gate; its size was half the size of the first one.

Sa Min touched as he watched in the mirror, feeling nothing as though he were touching a numbed area.

Good thing it's complete this year, or else I would wait a whole other year.

Only those whose force gate had been fully formed could join in the awakening ceremony and open their sea core and awaken their Borned Ka.

The age at which the force gate would be shaped completely was different from person to another, from fourteen to thirty. The majority of wielders, though, completed this process at eighteen years old.

Fortunately for Sa Min, the formation of his force gate had reached completion a mere month ago. And now he was ready to begin cultivating.

But I really hope to be lucky again with good aptitude, or at the very least avoid the Ordinary sea core… which would make my cultivation pretty slow.

Forming your force gate ahead of others did not necessarily mean you would get a better sea core. In truth, most of those who formed it early, found their aptitude to be low.

At that moment, a soft whisper floated in from the window, putting a stop to his thinking. "Master Sa Min, Master Sa Min."

Sa Min strolled over, throwing on his robe. He already knew who it was.

"Forgive me, my master but your door is crowded with outer disciples. So I figured I'd come through the window if you don't..." his personal slave, Hou Qing, whispered hesitantly.

Though she was doing her best to avoid his chilling gaze, Sa Min could see the abject fear in her eyes.

She was very afraid. She should be. After all, she was just a non-wielder.

Sa Min sighed. "It's cool. Bring it here," he said, reaching out his hand.

"Yes, my master," replied Hou Qing and tipped a bit of warm water from the pitcher onto his hand. "Also my master, your father has asked for you and your sister tonight."

"Of course he did," muttered Sa Min with no surprise as he brought the water to his lips, rinsing his mouth before splitting it into the basin. "Where is San Juan now?"

"She stands just…just outside your door, my master."

Outside? She too? With her personality like that, I thought she would be at home waiting anxiously for the night to come so she could open her Sea Core.

The awakening ceremony day served not only as the day Ka Wilders entered the path of cultivation, but also as the day of discovering what their potential was and how far they could reach…it was the day on which they learned their places in the world. So you could kind of say that it was the most important day of their lives.

Sa Min quickly washed his face and cleared his nose. "You can go," he dismissed to his slave, grabbing his wooden ID card with his dagger from the desk and heading towards the door.


Just moments ago, outside the dorm where dozens of outer disciples had gathered and crowded, swarming around two young women who stood right by the door.

The first woman, a seventeen-year-old with short hair, pounded on the door with all her strength. "Sa Min, get out, you coward," she shouted impatiently.

"Come on, Tan Chen, it was just a joke. He didn't mean anything by it," the other young woman standing behind her pleaded. She had a red veil covering the lower half of her face, but just through her sorrowful eyes, you could see that it was not her idea coming here. "Besides, he might not even be here."

She was Sa Juan. Sa Min's sister.

"Stop being afraid of him," Tan Chen snapped at her. "If you keep acting like this, they will never stop bullying you."

"That's…"

"She's right, Tan Chen," a big man with an incomplete beard and a bald head from the crowd said, his voice rising above the chatter of the crowd. "If he's there, he would've come out a long time ago."

It was Sa Wen. a young master of the sa clan.

"None of your business, get lost," Tan Chen retorted.

"Even if he is, it's not cool to…"

"Look, Wen, I know what you're looking for." Tan Chen turned, a smirk on her face. "So, let me get this strength. I won't marry you, so get lost."

Sa Wen blinked. "What?"

Tan Chen let out an exasperated sigh. "Your dad has already told my mom, and my mom has told me. So unless the four great walls fall, and sun turn off for good and we start pooping force apples, I won—"

"You won't marry me," said Sa Wen with a thankful look. "With a voice like that, I doubt anyone would want you."

The crowds burst out laughing, but they stopped immediately when the wooden door cracked open and Sa Min stepped out.

"Greetings, senior brother."

"Greetings, senior brother."

The outer disciples nodded as Sa Min looked around coldly, stopping on Tan Chen.

"How can I help this time?" he said.

Tan Chen hesitated, those icy blue eyes of his locked on hers. "I'm…why are you bullying Sa Juan?"

Sa Min sighed. "So all this chaos because I bullied my sister? Tell me, what did I say to her?"

"Calling her 'Big lips'," Tan Chen blurted out, while Sa Juan stared at her toes in embarrassment as people laughed.

"But it's true though," one said.

Sa Min's cold eyes were still on hers. "That's it?"

"What do you mean, 'that's it'? Don't you understand how it feels to—"

"Get the fuck out here," said Sa Min as he closed the door. He had no patience for these childish fights. He had to eat something before heading home. Noodles maybe? Noodles with that sauce if—-

"No," Tan Chen snapped, blocking his path with her hands. "You're not going anywhere until you apologize."

Sa Min didn't say a word. He merely took a step back. Then, out of nowhere, threw a kick, slamming her upper head. She fell down. She went to sleep.

The crowd went wild. This was what they'd been waiting to see all this time. It's the third time Ta Chen went to start a problem with him. And it's the third time she went to sleep.

Sa Min carried on with a leisurely stride, leaving the clamor behind.

"You're not coming to the Clan Ceremony tomorrow?" asked Sa Wen from behind.

"Why ask about what you already know."

"Well… good luck then."

"Has something important happened within the clan?"

"The clan elders are holding an emergency council. Probably just preparing for tomorrow's event."

"Probably," muttered Sa Min as he walked out of the colossal outer gate of the Foundational Cultivation Academy of the Tetra Blessing City.

7