Chapter 5: A Game with Minimal Harm and Insult
963 1 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although "Little Hawk Flying Dagger" was just a gimmick, this short dagger was indeed crafted to be quite sharp, serving as the "treasured centerpiece" of the shop.

In order to demonstrate the power of the dagger to the pirate captain, Vivi combined her "Chain Mastery" skill with the techniques from her "Weapon Throwing" ability. With a flick of her finger, the Little Hawk Flying Dagger rapidly spun between her palms and was then thrown far away.

A white flash streaked through the air, and thirty meters away, a tree as thick as a bowl was cut cleanly in half.

This move was both swift and ruthless. With a flick of her wrist, Vivi manipulated the transparent thread attached to the ring on her little finger, causing the flying dagger to trace a beautiful arc and then smoothly return to her hand.

This move was a skill that Vivi's predecessor excelled in, known as "Peacock Slashers." It emphasized speed, accuracy, and ruthlessness, being relatively concealed when executed, often leading to unexpected victories.

With the addition of numerous combat attributes, her strength had further increased. Compared to the Three Admirals or the Four Emperors, there was simply no comparison. However, when she demonstrated this move, there was an air of mystery and unpredictability, especially in the eyes of the group of low-level pirate grunts.

Whoosh!

The pirate captain was startled, instinctively drawing his longsword, and the rest of the pirates grew tense as well. Some of them even looked around, seemingly searching for an escape route.

"Oh hehehehe-! Don't be nervous, don't be nervous, I'm just testing this dagger for you guys. So, what do you think? Are you interested in buying this Little Hawk Flying Dagger?" Vivi spoke while gesturing to the sign of "Princess's Wondrous Emporium of Curios and Special Items" in the distance, implying that her shop was a legitimate establishment and they shouldn't have any wrong ideas.

Her demonstration was impressive, and coupled with the short dagger's quality, the pirate captain eventually purchased it for 1.8 million Berries.

With their captain making the purchase, the remaining pirates became enthusiastic as well.

A burly pirate, about 1.5 meters tall and 300 pounds in weight, pointed at a rope on the shelf and asked, "What's that? Just a shabby old rope?"

Vivi's expression turned serious. "That is a rope left behind by Golden Lion after the Battle of Edd War. There are only three of them left in the world. If you listen closely, you can still hear the echoes of the battle on it."

"Oh, really?" The pirate furrowed his brow and listened carefully. Unbeknownst to him, the young girl in front of him rhythmically stomped her foot on the ground twice, creating a dull sound that, combined with the bustling noise of the entire town, gave the impression of a grand naval battle to the predisposed pirate's ears.

Vivi lowered her voice. "Some say that when Golden Lion was defeated by Pirate King Roger, he wrote the location of his hidden treasure on one of the ropes he carried."

No matter how priceless historical artifacts may be, they were nothing more than rubbish to pirates. However, if they contained treasures, their value became incomparable. Several pirates' eyes lit up as they seemed to contemplate how they could avoid the attention of others and find this grand treasure on their own.

Another pirate pointed at a high shelf where an umbrella was displayed, riddled with holes here and there. "Is that also left behind by Golden Lion after the naval battle?"

Vivi wore an expression of 'you've struck gold.' "That is the weapon Red Count Patrick Redfield used to defeat the former Fleet Admiral Kong! Do you know? He is the legendary pirate who is the only one in pirate history to have defeated a Fleet Admiral head-on! After Red Count's capture, his weapon ended up adrift in the sea. And this! This is the weapon he used when he defeated the Fleet Admiral! It is said that it still holds the secrets of his invincibility…"

The last pirate, a small and withered one, pointed to a grayish, fist-sized fuzzball and inquired about its nature.

Vivi's voice carried a hint of mystery. "That is a Lucky Rabbit's Foot, once belonging to Red Hair, one of the Four Emperors. Shortly after Red Hair lost it, a Sea King bit off his arm. Just think about the implications of that! What a miraculous destiny!"

Vivi had no worries about these famous figures coming to cause trouble for her. 'What's there to fear? Our Baroque Works' boss is one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea. What does it have to do with me, a mere Miss Wednesday? If you have any problems, go find Mr. 0! Are you looking for a group fight or a one-on-one duel? Either way is fine. Even if you beat Mr. 0 to death, it won't matter!'

The wealthy pirates began their shopping spree, and Vivi enthusiastically boasted about all the goods. In her words, those seemingly shabby items were either "Meito" or "great pirate captain's spoils." (Meito = Famous Swords)

Including the pirate ships, all the loot belonged to Baroque Works. However, according to the industry's unspoken rules, anything earned before taking action was considered one's own. Vivi didn't hold back at all; she simply wanted to empty the pirates' pockets of their last Berry. It didn't matter how much she sold these items for since, in the end, they would make their way back to the storeroom in Whisky Peak tonight.

The rope suspected to contain clues to the hidden treasure and the tattered umbrella with the legendary pirate's great secret inside were sold at high prices. Vivi earned 900,000 Berries for the rope and 1.2 million Berries for the umbrella. The remaining pirates were mostly interested in the lucky rabbit's foot once worn by Red-Haired Shanks.

What Golden Lion? What Red Count? They were all pirates of the older generation, unknown to the young pirates of today. However, they did know about Red-Haired Shanks, who had recently joined the ranks of the Four Emperors. Pirates themselves were superstitious by nature, often choosing to believe rather than doubt. Besides, the rabbit's foot was indeed inexpensive, at least cheaper than the worn-out rope and umbrella.

"One fixed price, 300,000 Berries!" Vivi's expression seemed conflicted as if she had made a big decision.

The remaining items that couldn't clearly demonstrate their usefulness were also sold under Vivi's skillful promotion, offering discounts with the VIP shopping card. The so-called "Princess's Super Value Adventure Pack," which included a fruit knife, a bandage, and a tattered treasure map, sold for 10,000 Berries each, with nineteen of them sold in one go.

"Oh hehehe~" The young girl giggled with a wide smile, skillfully enticing the crowd, while her pet duck squatted on the ground counting the money.

Wealthy pirates had their own ways of enjoying their wealth, and even the not-so-wealthy ones were still potential customers. They wouldn't be turned away.

"For the brave seafarers currently short on funds, fear not! We offer a wide range of exciting games, all with one core purpose: to help you make money!"

Vivi signaled to her subordinates, who brought out two leather chests. They were filled to the brim with brand-new 10,000-Berry notes, neatly stacked together, presenting an irresistibly tempting sight.

"Come on! This money-giving game is called 'Paper-Flipping.' Each person receives a flip card. If you manage to knock down our flip card and flip it over, you'll receive 10,000 Berries! If you lose, you can choose to pay or let me give you a light slap. It won't be forceful - just a gentle tap for the sake of the game. It won't cause much harm or be highly insulting. Do you understand? It's quite simple, isn't it? So, what are you waiting for? The time for sea-faring men to change their destinies has arrived! Hurry up and come play!"

(End of the Chapter)

These five chapters were released together as a small introduction to the story, and in honor of the series' live-action being released and turning out to be pretty good, I will be publishing 14 chapters this first week!

If you like the story, please consider leaving a comment and adding it to your library.

Support this story and enjoy up to 30 advanced chapters!
www.patreon.com/kisshot

 
47