Chapter 90: Vivi the Doctor
276 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It seemed as if Vivi wanted to prove the speed of her knife. She skillfully used the pen-spinning techniques from her previous life and spun the surgical knife rapidly between her fingers.

The middle-aged man, frightened out of his wits, tried to run, but he was no match for Vivi's strength. She grabbed him by the collar, pinned him to a chair, and quickly made a deep cut into his wrist.

Soon a bowl of fresh blood was released.

Vivi gently stirred the blood with her little finger, using her Devil Fruit ability to manipulate the blood on a microscopic level. At the same time, she activated her Observation Haki and observed the changes in the blood. Seeing that the middle-aged man's complexion was becoming increasingly pale, she traced her finger across his wrist.

She used the man's life force to heal his wound, and this surge of vitality made the middle-aged man feel remarkably invigorated. The wound began to heal at a rate visible to the naked eye, and after a minute only a deep red scar remained.

Vivi felt quite accomplished. She used a nearby towel to wipe her hands, proceeded to disinfect the knife, and then asked with a smile, "How do you feel now? Does it feel any better?"

The middle-aged patient looked at the surgical knife lying beside him, stood up, shook his head, and rubbed his neck. Surprisingly, after this somewhat frightening treatment, his headache seemed to have diminished considerably!

With the first case successful, the second patient was much easier to treat.

The patient had been stabbed in the stomach and the injury appeared to be quite severe.

Without hesitation, Vivi instructed the person to sit down and prepare to continue the bloodletting!

But before she proceeded, she instructed Otsuru, "Get the anesthetics from my medical kit."

Although the scenes in Wano were reminiscent of Japan's Edo period, some technological products from the outside world were still present here. Drugs, syringes, and other medical supplies were among the items in this clinic of hers.

"Where should I administer this anesthetic?" Otsuru had considerable knowledge but lacked medical experience. She watched the patient carefully with a syringe of anesthetic in her hand, and as she saw the blood gushing from the patient's abdomen, she was unsure where to begin.

With exceptional composure, Vivi said, "Inject it into his leg to prevent him from running away."

Otsuru: "…"

Patient: "…"

In the span of a morning, Miss Tomoe "treated" three patients, firmly establishing her reputation.

Had a headache or fever? Bloodletting!

Experienced lower back pain? Bloodletting!

Felt nausea and vomiting? Bloodletting!

There was no ailment that bloodletting couldn't cure. If the condition persisted, it simply meant that not enough blood had been released!

Otsuru spent the whole day feeling uneasy, her eyes constantly wandering to the shovel in the corner of the room. She worried about when Vivi might accidentally kill a patient. If that happened, she could quickly lend a hand and help bury the patient. Fortunately, the results were not bad.

Three patients in the morning and five in the afternoon. Except for the fourth patient, who tried to run away and dislocated his shoulder when Vivi pulled him back, all the others were "cured."

Not a single drop of the blood that was released went to waste. After studying blood manipulation, Vivi preserved the remaining portions in the refrigerator.

As Doctor Tomoe's reputation spread, more and more people sought her medical services.

In her previous world, the loss of more than 1000 milliliters of blood would cause a person's body to go into shock. But the world of One Piece was different. If two words were to describe the people here, they would be "extremely robust"!

On the third day of the clinic's opening, a patient named Urashima came to see Vivi. He was a very large and tall man who was training diligently to become a Yokozuna-ranked sumo wrestler.

Every time Vivi "treated" this man, who stood over four meters tall and weighed several tons, she felt as if she were treating an elephant.

Ordinary people would go into shock after losing 1000 milliliters of blood, but Urashima was unfazed. This big guy could easily lose 7000 to 8000 milliliters of fresh blood like it was child's play.

While an ordinary person would become numb with one dose of anesthetic, the elephant-sized Urashima needed at least three doses to feel any dizziness.

Vivi could tell that this big guy had neither Haki nor Devil Fruit. He was just naturally strong, the kind that gains weight just by breathing.

Moreover, Vivi's bloodletting was remarkably effective for a sumo wrestler like Urashima. Each session involved the release of several large basins of blood. With a combination of hypnosis, suggestion, and the return of life force, Urashima felt quite comfortable, became more and more confident, and his body grew stronger. The big guy would bow every time he entered and express his gratitude when he left. He was exceptionally polite.

However, there was too much fat in Urashima's blood, to the extent that even Vivi found it somewhat repulsive. At first glance, the release of blood in three large basins might seem like a considerable amount. Lined up in a row, it looked like the aftermath of slaughtering a pig. Yet, the quality left much to be desired. Vivi wasn't expecting virgin-quality fresh blood, but it shouldn't be of such poor quality either, should it?

Vivi then advised Urashima: "Oh dear, your condition is getting worse. Look at your cardiovascular function! It's under too much strain! Eat less meat and more vegetables, okay?"

The villagers of Amigasa Village and Okobore Town had planted some wild vegetables. Now Vivi was selling them to the big guy, Urashima. Her role as a middleman was simply to make a small profit on the price difference.

After two days of eating wild vegetables, the fat content in Urashima's blood decreased slightly. Vivi was pleased with the result, and Urashima felt more energetic than before. It was a win-win situation.

As Urashima's health improved, he returned the favor by referring clients to the clinic. Seven or eight great sumo wrestlers visited the clinic every day, each donating substantial amounts of blood. Contributions varied, with one giving 5000 milliliters and another giving 6000 milliliters in one go. Soon the clinic's five fridges were filled to the brim with blood bags.

There were all the blood types, but the quality was very poor, especially from the sumo wrestlers who had donated the most. No matter how one looked at it, their blood seemed more like oil than blood.

Although these blood donations were substantial, they were unsuitable for transfusion due to the high level of impurities. Even someone with the constitution of Whitebeard couldn't handle it because of the excessive amount of impurities.

The impurities in the blood didn't bother Vivi. She had a bold idea in mind, and after thinking about it for a few days and determining that it was feasible, she began to put her plan into action.

...

Vivi locked the main gate of the clinic after sending Otsuru away.

Then she poured all the blood from the bags into a disused bathtub in the backyard of the clinic.

She closed her eyes tightly, and when she opened them again, she had already assumed her Vampire Form.

With black hair and red eyes, her somewhat enchanting appearance seemed elegant and serene in the night. However, the raging desire for bloodshed within her felt like a scorching fire, creating a stark contrast between her outward calm and inner turmoil.

She struggled to keep her heart from being influenced by her murderous desires. Through numerous suggestions, she managed to calm herself. Then, taking a deep breath, she stretched out her right hand, aimed at her own heart, and stabbed straight into it!

"Ouch! That really hurts!" The pain shook her entire body, but she gritted her teeth and extracted a drop of heartblood from her heart.

That drop of heartblood contained her will, her beliefs, and her soul. It was the essence of the essences. Without hesitation, she flicked her heartblood directly into the blood pool...

(End of the Chapter)

19