Chapter Two [Confrontion]
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Staryl raises her eyebrows. "Well, hello to you too, Parrot." She always insisted on calling me by my old name- I had asked (read: bribed with mangos) Queen Dazzling to change it. Staryl was a jerk.

"Shut up," I barked, "State your buisness and get out of here before I melt your eyeballs! Or we could skip right to the eyeball-melting part." For some weird reason, threatening Staryl always felt... Wrong. My RainWing instincts kicking in, I suppose. But insulting other dragons was fine. Hmm... Ponder later! I ordered myself. Or never! 

The insufferable NightWing smirked. "Sure, sure," she said in a patronizing manner. I glared at her. With an eyeroll, she continued. "I'm here to tell you something." Her smile faded a bit, and Staryl's eyes flicked up to the scar on my head- the scar I didn't remember getting. Not clearly least. A dragon in a flowing black cloak. Rage. Pain in that exact spot, then blackness. Waking up in the rainforest where I had been captured- where Staryl had captured me. I hissed.

"Spit it out or get out!" I growled. She nodded nervously, took a breath, and-

"Victory!" Monkey soared down into my hut, his scales gold and reflective. When he landed, his words tumbled over themselves. "Great race- totally thought he had you- I- ...Oh." He spotted Staryl. "Uh... Nevermind. I'll just... Come back later?" He phrased it as a question, backing towards the open wall. Staryl shook her head and spread her wings.

"I was just leaving. See you later, Parrot." She winged away. I stared after her, for some reason unable to pull my eyes off her shiny silver scales until she disappeared from sight. I had the irrational desire to follow her... Shaking it off, I turned to my cousin. "Jerk, isn't she?" Monkey nodded unconvincingly. Of course. He liked everyone. Ugh. Typical RainWing nonsense. Luckily I wasn't a typical RainWing.

But then all I could think was, Staryl isn't exactly a typical NightWing, is she?

0