Chapter 11: Piero’s Personality
323 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiro rose at dawn, finding solace in the manor's library after a refreshing bath. As he settled amidst the books, his thoughts wrestled with the challenges he uncovered during yesterday's tour of his domain.

"What did I do?"

He wondered aloud, resting his elbows on the desk, his palm cradling his furrowed brow.

Hiro accidentally met Jane, the peasant's wife who Piero forcefully slept with last week. 

Undeniably, the woman's look was exceptional and her body was alluring despite wearing humble and weathered garments characteristic of the common peasants. 

He couldn't purge his raging sexual desire. 

Yesterday, Hiro's mind kept playing with the memory of when Hiro slept with her. In his original world, such a desire was within his control but in this world, the sexual urge was addictive. 

Now, he was in deep thought. 

"What the hell was happening at that time?"

Hiro was transmigrated mysteriously into this world and ended up taking over the body of a young lord, Piero who was a hopeless womanizer. Hiro thought he was in full control of the body as Piero's consciousness was totally gone.

But the incident with Jane made him realize that his mind would no longer be the same as when he was in his original world. 

Indeed, Hiro consciously decided and acted but there were two things not under his control.

First, every piece of Piero's memory remained in his mind. Secondly, the body retained Piero's sexual addiction. Hiro might consciously control Piero's body but a new personality was created from the mixture of Hiro's mind with Piero's mental and physical memory. 

Although Hiro consciously knew what he did was wrong, his body and personality couldn't stop his action.

"Lord Piero!'

Mari's voice called him. The middle aged maid stood at the entrance into the library.

"Your voice is too loud, Mari." 

"Your breakfast is ready. Don't dilly-dally!" She said while tapping the door with her left hand. 

"Fine.."

Hiro sighed and walked out, following behind her. 

As Hiro reluctantly left the library, his internal struggle continued. He couldn't escape the memories and impulses that came with Piero's body. Each step he took felt like a reminder of the challenges he faced in this new world, where his own willpower was tested against the lingering influences of the body he now inhabited.

"Mom! There's someone outside the manor!" 

Mauro, the knight who was also Mari's son had just finished his breakfast in Mari's personal room waved his hand to call his mother.

"What is it?" Mari raised her voice.

"A woman, I think she is a peasant from the villages. But only knights and village chiefs have business in the manor."

"Let me see her." Mari strode and Hiro followed her. He remembered that he did ask Jane to come here to work.

Jane was standing nervously in the front courtyard. She looked luscious and radiant despite merely wearing  embellished clothes. 

Mari exited the front door and quizzical when seeing her. Jane was taken aback when the old woman approached and scrutinised her from head to toe.

Mari breathed out heavily and turned around to the two men standing at the door.

"Mauro, you go to the barrack. I have a business with Lord Piero."

Without replying, her son left quickly. 

Meanwhile, Mari raised her eyebrows towards Hiro. 

"Why?" Hiro became annoyed.

"You slept with her?" Mari fiercely entered into interrogating mode but Hiro remained nonchalant.

"Yes...mm.. You are going to have a lot job with the general affairs. I hired her to help you."

She grumbled, "I hope you won't be spending too much time fucking her, my lord." 

"Shut up, I know what I am doing."

"I doubt that." Mari turned to Jane.

"What's your name, girl?"

"J..Jane..from Eldham Village."

While looking back, Mari walked into the house 

"There are spare rooms at the rear part of the manor. You will take one of the room. I will give you some clothes, your aize should fit."

Jane edgily followed her.

"Jane. I will teach you about general affairs of this territory."

"Yes, madam!" She replied skittishly. 

"I will take my breakfast first." Hiro strode past them.

"Oh, yes. Jane, you should accompany my lord for breakfast." Mari pulled her hand and followed Hiro. 

"But for a mere peasant like me to dine with the lord.."

Before Jane could finish, Mari interjected,

"What are you talking about, girl? Both of you had seen each other naked!"

Jane's face blushed and she became out of words.

As Hiro and Jane joined for breakfast, the atmosphere was tense. Hiro couldn't help but feel conflicted about the situation he had created. On one hand, he was trying to manage this new life and territory responsibly, but on the other hand, the remnants of Piero's personality and desires were a constant struggle.

Throughout the meal, Mari kept a watchful eye on both Hiro and Jane, her disapproval evident. Despite the awkwardness, Hiro attempted to make small talk with Jane, trying to ease the tension between them.

"So, Jane, how has life been in Eldham Village?" Hiro inquired, hoping to divert the conversation away from uncomfortable topics.

Jane, still blushing from Mari's comment, replied timidly, "Life's been hard, my lord. The village has been facing tough times lately, and I had to find work wherever I could."

Hiro nodded sympathetically, realizing that the lives of commoners in this world were far from easy. He decided to take a more active role in managing his territory to improve the conditions for the people under his rule.

Hiro, feeling a growing responsibility toward his subjects, continued, "I understand that times can be tough for the villagers. I want to make sure that things improve here. Mari, please inform the villagers that I'll be working on initiatives to help them. We'll discuss it in detail later."

Mari raised an eyebrow but nodded in agreement. Jane, who had been nervously picking at her food, looked up with surprise and gratitude in her eyes. "Thank you, my lord. That means a lot to us."

Hiro smiled warmly, relieved that he could bring a glimmer of hope to Jane and her fellow villagers. "You're welcome, Jane. We're all in this together now. We'll find a way to make this domain a better place for everyone."

As they continued their breakfast, the atmosphere gradually lightened, and Hiro found himself engaging in more casual conversation with Jane, learning about her life and experiences. It was a small step toward building trust and understanding in this new world.

7