Chapter 25: Automatic Shotgun
178 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group, now in possession of the tamed wild goats, began their journey out of the dense forest. The goats, though initially frightened, gradually calmed down as they felt the steady hands of Matta and Jak guiding them.

As they walked, Hiro, still inhabiting the body of Piero Sraffa, marveled at the success of their impromptu hunting expedition. The forest, which had been a place of potential danger, had now provided a valuable resource for his demesne.

Mireille, who had led the skilled archery that subdued the goats, walked alongside Hiro. Her nest-like red hair framed a determined face, and she occasionally glanced at the captured goats with a hint of pride.

"Quite the unexpected turn of events, my lord," she remarked, a small smile playing on her lips. "Who would have thought we'd be leading a herd of boer goats out of the forest today?"

Hiro, appreciating the unforeseen benefits of their expedition, replied, "Nature has its way of providing, and your skills, Mireille, have proven invaluable. These goats will be a valuable addition to our resources. Most importantly, you have made a map for part of the forest."

As they emerged from the forest, the sun cast long shadows on the ground, signaling the approaching evening. The sight of the goats, guided by Matta and Jak, created an unusual but welcome scene in the clearing.

Piero, Matta, and the rest of the group led the goats towards their village. Daciana, carrying the herbs she had collected earlier, walked beside Hiro.

"Lord Piero, this unexpected acquisition will surely benefit the demesne. The people will be pleased with the variety of resources you bring back," she commented, her eyes reflecting a mix of excitement and satisfaction.

Hiro nodded, recognizing the potential impact on the village. "Indeed, Daciana. It's a testament to the resilience and adaptability of our group. We turn challenges into opportunities."

The group set out at daybreak, along a hidden path on the plains.

“We’ll be at Bulnes Village soon.”

The other adventurers nodded in response to Matta, the only person who had spent decades of his life in Sraffa family's territory. Apart from that, they walked on in silence. Jak seemed somewhat put off by that.

The only one who stood out among the awkwardness was Mireille. She was so happy to not be bothered by Matta that she was practically humming in delight while stopping from time to time to sketch her map.

The group advanced in silence, and they soon made it to the outskirts of Bulnes Village. The route they were using now was different from the path when they entered into the forest. Matta purposely led them here for Mireille's mapping of new area.

"All right, we’re almost at Bulnes Village now…”

This was the first cheerful thing which anyone had said since this morning, but the girls clammed up almost immediately.

"What’s wrong, ladies? Is something the matter?" Matta asked.

“Ah, no, it’s fine. Just… I don't recall a sturdy fence like the one in front of us.. when we exited the village four days ago."

Indeed, the girls noticed a newly constructed fence made of wood, each pole varying heights, stretching from far away. However, the line of fence stopped halfway as if the construction was still underway.

"Really? But it looks like an ordinary fence. Actually, it’s kind of shabby for a frontier village fence, right? It wouldn’t be a surprise that a village at the edge of the forest would have a sturdy fence to protect against monsters, right?” Hiro told teasingly.

"How strange… did something happen...?” Daciana asked.

Matta who had been restraining his urge to answer, finally explained.

"Actually, Lord Piero ordered us to build the fence. It started two weeks ago."

The road narrowed as they went on, so they had to form up into a column as they approached the village’s entrance.

Suddenly, Hiro's view was blocked. No one else could see what he was seeing now. 

A new message prompted his translucent dashboard. 

"First milestone. Successfully completed your first mission in this world."

Hiro stopped on his track and instinctively removed the message. Another message appeared.

"500 points for the first map. 200 points for surviving the forest. 200 points for taming wild goats. 100 points for herb collection."

"Total 1,000 points received."

He quickly browsed the dashboard. He had been wanting to acquire items.

The items he could summon remained the same. He selected the "Automatic shotgun".

"The Automatic Shotgun fires bursts of 8 projectiles in fairly quick succession. This is a hitscan weapon so players do not need to lead targets, however the weapon is only effective at short range." The description appeared.

"The Automatic Shotgun deals 40x8 (320) damage per shot, enabling it to destroy any metal shield in this universe."

"One bullet costs 20 points." Hiro freaked out at the costly ammunition. 

"The amazing perk of the summoned weapon is it could be summoned at will and dissolved into nothingness when you wish it to disappear. It could always be resummoned anytime as you wish."

Hiro suddenly laughed and decided to spend his points for the automatic shotgun.

"What.."

The other adventurers were flabbergasted by Hiro's bizarre attitude. 

"Automatic shotgun was in your toolbox. You can summon it anytime. Do you wish to acquire bullets?"

He decided to spend 200 points for 10 shotgun bullets.

"Is there something wrong, my lord?" Daciana asked with a worried face.

"Oh, it's nothing. I am fine, really." Hiro assured them and strode past Mireille towards the entrance of the village.

7