Chapter 0 – A long way from home
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amidst the scorching caress of the relentless sun, his eyes fluttered open, awakening to a world of endless sand dunes that seemed to stretch into eternity. A groan of disorientation escaped his lips as he roused from slumber.

"Where the hell am I?" He queried, his fingers gently tracing the contours of a robe adorned with a peculiar stone, like an enigmatic heart nestled upon his chest.

The azure gem caught the sun's fiery embrace, igniting in a symphony of ethereal luminescence. "We find ourselves amidst the Green Desert of Ishma, dear Aerwyn" chimed the stone, its shimmering radiance now stilled.

"The Green Desert?" Aerwyn arched an incredulous brow, his lips curving into a wry grin. His ashen hair, that was cropped short tousled in the desert wind. "Certainly a bit far from my cozy home, wouldn't you say?"

With a nonchalant shrug, he muttered, "Oh well, let's get this party started." His hand grasped a hilt, protruding like an obsidian fang in the sun-kissed sands.

As he readied himself, the very earth beneath him stirred, sand cascading like a liquid hence emerged a giant emerald-scaled serpent coiled in anticipation to quench its hunger.

"Just another side quest, then" Aerwyn quipped, a twinkle in his eye, as he vaulted into the skies with the grace of a celestial dancer. His blade descended in a sapphire arc, cleaving through the serpent's colossal neck with a single, decisive flourish.

In that instant, the serpent's reign of sand and sun ceased, surrendering to Aerwyn's blade as his enigmatic ashen hair fluttered in triumph.

0