Viridian Forest
414 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the morning after our heroes stopped Team Rocket from kidnapping the Pokémon from the Viridian Pokémon Center. Luneth, Alain and Mairin were walking through the forest, way ahead of Ash, Pikachu and a reluctant Misty. 

Luneth and Mairin spotted two Pokémon nearby.

Luneth took out her Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon:

[Wurmple, the Worm Pokémon. Wurmple live primarily off of sap from trees. The suction cups on its feet keep it from slipping.]

[Caterpie, the Worm Pokémon. To repel enemies, Caterpie releases an unpleasant odor from its red antenna. It molts several times while growing.]

“A Wurmple? What’s one doing all the way here in Kanto?” Luneth questioned.

Alain shrugged, “Who knows?”

“Anyways, I want to catch it.” Luneth decided. She walked over to Wurmple and knelt in front of it, “Hey Wurmple, would you like to join my team?”

“Caterpie, would you like to join mine too?” Mairin asked.

Wurmple and Caterpie stared at Luneth and Mairin, glanced at each other, and went back to Luneth and Mairin.

“Wurmple!/Caterpie!” Wurmple and Caterpie smiled.

Luneth and Mairin took out a Pokéball and gently tapped Wurmple and Caterpie’s foreheads. Then they were sucked inside, both Pokéballs wiggled and then dinged which meant a successful capture.

“Yes! I caught a Wurmple/Caterpie!” Luneth and Mairin cheered.

Ginko and Chespie trilled happily.

Alain chuckled at their cheerfulness.


It was a little bit later, the trio decided to take a break. Alain and Luneth were making lunch while Mairin took out the bowls of Pokémon food for the Pokémon. Once lunch was made, everyone was served to eat. After lunch was over, everyone began training. 

They also caught some new Pokémon as well. Luneth caught a Swablu (Avaley), a female Nidoran (Ronda) and a Pidgeotto (Cardinal). Alain caught a Weedle and male Nidoran while Mairin caught a Paras (Kinoko). Luneth and Alain both managed to catch a Scyther.

Their Pokémon evolved after a few days of training. Wurmple (Choko) evolved into Silcoon and then Beautifly. Mairin's Nabi (Caterpie) evolved into Metapod and soon into Butterfree.

The day after they finished training, they packed up and headed towards Pewter City.


The gang were walking along the path but stopped when they heard a girlish scream. They ran towards the scream and saw Ash and Pikachu with Misty up in a tree.

"Misty? Pikachu? Ash? What the heck is going on?" Luneth questioned.

"IT'S THAT!" Misty shouted as she pointed in a certain direction.

Everyone turned to the direction and saw a Weedle.

"A Weedle? Really, Misty?" Alain deadpanned.

"I hate bugs! Get rid of that thing!" Misty demanded.

"Ash, maybe you should catch it." Luneth suggested.

"Yeah! Pikachu, use Thunder Shock!" Ash ordered.

Pikachu launched his attack at Weedle who was instantly paralyzed. Ash quickly threw a Pokéball at Weedle and it was sucked inside. The Pokéball wiggled a few times and went 'ding' which meant a successful capture.

"Yes! I caught a Weedle!" Ash beamed happily as Pikachu cheered.

Suddenly they noticed that a bush was rustling near them. Everyone tensed for a moment until the bush stopped moving for a second. Then a boy wearing a Samurai outfit came out of the bushes. On the side of his hip, he held a katana. Luneth recognized him as Samurai.

"Who are you?" Alain asked, on guard.

"I am Samurai. I'm looking for Luneth Ketchum of Pallet Town. Are you Luneth Ketchum?" 'Samurai' asked.

"I am." Luneth replied.

"My search is over then." Samurai pointed at her, "I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!"

"Before we do that pal," Luneth started, "Who told you about me?"

"Oh, I challenged a trainer from Pallet Town. The one with many cheerleaders, he had told me that I should have no trouble defeating you." Samurai stated.

'He must be pretty stupid to believe Gary.' Luneth thought with a sweat drop on her forehead, "I accept your challenge."

"Then we shall have a two-on-two Pokémon battle." Samurai declared.


Luneth and Samurai were on opposites of the field. Ginko stood next to Luneth. Alain, Mairin, Ash, Pikachu and Misty were watching from the sides.

"Pinsir, I choose you!" Samurai threw a Pokéball in the air and a brown stag beetle-like Pokémon came out.

Luneth took out her Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

[Pinsir, the Stag Beetle Pokémon. This fearsome Pokémon uses its powerful claws to put the squeeze on its opponents.]

"Great, another bug." Misty muttered with a blue forehead.

"Alright then, Avaley, I choose you!" Luneth released her Swablu.

"Swablu!" Avaley chirped.

"I will let you make the first move." Samurai said.

"Thank you," Luneth smiled, "Avaley, use Tackle!"

Avaley flapped her wings and flew upwards. Then she shot straight towards Pinsir and hit it before it could dodge. Samurai was impressed by Avaley's speed.

"Pinsir, use Bite!" Samurai ordered.

"Dodge with Agility! Then use Peck!" Luneth ordered.

Avaley disappeared when Pinsir tried to use its Bite attack which caused it to miss. Then Avaley appeared behind Pinsir as her beak glowed white and struck Pinsir who soon cried out in pain.

"Pinsir!" Samurai yelled.

"Finish it up with Quick Attack, Avaley!" Avaley disappeared once more and appeared in front of Pinsir. Then she landed the blow which sent Pinsir off its feet and landed near Samurai's feet. It soon passed out in defeat and swirls appeared in its eyes.

"Way to go, Avaley!" Luneth cheered.

"Swa!" Avaley chirped happily.

"That's one powerful Pokémon." Ash commented.

"Good job, Pinsir. Rest well." Samurai returned Pinsir to its Pokéball. Then he released his final Pokémon, "Go Metapod!"

Luneth was about to return Avaley when suddenly two large mechanical arms shot out of the clearing only for Ginko to jump in the air and use Iron Tail to smash it to pieces. Ginko stood protectively in front of Luneth growling at the bushes.

"Who dares interrupt our battle?!" Samurai yelled as he unsheathed his sword, "Show yourself!"

"With pleasure!" a familiar voice spoke, causing the gang to flinch. They recognized those voices, and sure enough a familiar trio walked out from the clearing. It was the same Team Rocket trio who broke into the Pokémon Center in Viridian City and failed to steal the Pokémon there.

"Identify yourselves!" Samurai yelled.

"Prepare for trouble," Jessie said.

"Make it double," James said.

"To protect the world from devastation,"

"To unite all people within our nation-"

"Choko, use String Shot!" Luneth released her Beautifly.

"Beautifly!" Choko the Beautifly appeared and released her attack, using the string to cover their mouths, making them shout muffled threats.

"Avaley, use Hurricane!" Avaley flapped her wings which blew the trio away.

"TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!" The trio shouted before becoming a twinkle in the sky.

DING!

"What idiots they are." Luneth commented.

Mairin nodded, "Yeah."

Samurai looked at Luneth, "You know those fools?" he questioned.

"Unfortunately." Luneth nodded.

"They're from Team Rocket and they steal people's Pokémon." Alain added.

"They tried to steal the Pokémon from the Viridian Pokémon Center." Ash added.

"I see." Samurai understood.

"Do you want to finish our battle?" Luneth asked Samurai.

Samurai shook his head, "No, it is clear who the real trainer is." He bowed, "You are truly a strong trainer, stronger than the one with many cheerleaders. But also a very kind one as well."

"Thank you for the compliment, Samurai." Luneth bowed as well as her Pokémon.

"I take it that you're on your way to challenge the gyms, correct?" Samurai asked.

"Yes, we're on our way to Pewter City to battle Brock the gym leader who specializes in the rock-type Pokémon." Luneth replied, "If it's not too much to ask, but could you help lead us out of this forest?"

"I would be honored." Samurai responded.

Luneth returned her Pokémon back into their Pokéballs except Ginko. 


Samurai soon brought them onto the path to Pewter City.

"Thank you, Samurai." Luneth thanked him.

"You're welcome and I wish you luck on your future battles, my friend." Samurai said and walked away into the tree line, disappearing from sight.

"Shall we continue?" Luneth asked Alain, Mairin, Ash, Pikachu and Misty.

"Yeah!" Mairin shouted.

They continued down the path to Pewter City.


Pokémon Caught:

Luneth: Shiny Eevee (Ginko)(F), Buizel (Itachi)(M), Shiny Feebas (Moana)(F), Mankey (Bruce)(M), Beautifly (Choko)(F), Swablu (Avaley)(F)

Alain: Charizard (M), Metagross (Genderless), Tyranitar (M), Unfezant (M),  Chestnaught (M), Steelix (M), Beedrill (M), Nidoran (M), Scyther (M)

Mairin: Chespin (Chespie)(M), Flabébé (Bébé)(F), Gogoat (Grazer)(F), Butterfree (Nabi)(M), Paras (Kinoko)(F)


Professor Oak's Lab:

Luneth: Pidgeotto (Cardinal)(M), Nidoran (Fonda)(F), Scyther (Hecate)(F)

 

13