The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
231 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luneth, Alain, Mairin and the Pokémon had arrived in Cerulean City. They went straight towards the Pokémon Center to take a break from walking and heal their Pokémon while getting supplies. Afterwards, they headed towards the Cerulean gym.

Luneth's eyes landed on a crowd around what looked like an electronics shop, the cop car's siren in the air as it was parked in front of the establishment.

"Hm? I wonder what happened." Mairin commented.

With that, the three jogged over and made their way through the crowd. A bunch of officers were on guard, keeping the crowd out while others were investigating the scene.

"Excuse me," Luneth asked the man next to her, "Do you know what happened here?" She asked politely.

"Some burglars broke into that store last night," he answered.

"Burglars?" Alain repeated.

"What do you know about burglars?" A familiar voice asked.

Luneth looked forward and saw Officer Jenny scrutinizing them carefully.

"You three look very suspicious to me." she said, one hand under her chin, the other on her hip.

"Aren't you...the motorcycle officer from Viridian?" Luneth questioned, knowing she was just a sister to that Officer in Viridian.

"Huh? Ohh, you must have met my sister-in-law!" Jenny said with a smile before turning to look at Luneth, arms crossed as she stared at Luneth, "Wait a minute, are you Luneth Ketchum?"

"Yup, that's me!" Luneth confirmed, "By the way, this is Alain Sycamore and his little sister, Mairin."

The Sycamore siblings waved at her.

"Pleasure to me you. My sister-in-law has talked a lot about you. She told me about a small group of trainers who protected the Viridian Pokémon Center." Officer Jenny stated.

"So what happened here, Officer Jenny?" Alain asked.

"There was a burglar here last night." Officer Jenny replied.

"What exactly did they steal?" Luneth asked.

"That's the strange thing about it," Officer Jenny said, crossing her arms in confusion. "They didn't take any money. Just a massive vacuum and a giant hose."

"That is rather odd." Alain commented.

Luneth knew that it was Team Rocket, but having it said like that made it seem silly.

"What would anyone want that stuff for?" Mairin questioned.

Luneth shrugged, "Who knows? Anyways, we better get going. See ya later, Officer." She said as she waved while she, Alain and Mairin walked away.

"See ya' later and have a good day!" Officer Jenny waved back.


The gang were heading towards the Cerulean gym. Luneth looked at the map on Alain's PokéNav, looking for the building marked on the map.

"Cerulean City Gym," She looked to the other side, "Cerulean City Gym," she took a right. "Should be right around here somewhere." She said.

The trio stopped when they spotted the dome roofed building with carousel coloring and a giant Dewgong on the front.

Luneth sighed as she entered and had to watch Misty's three sisters do their synchronized swimming show.


Luneth sighed again as she walked down the stairs and looked at the aquarium that lined the walls.

"It's sad to what this gym has been degraded to." Luneth said sadly.

"Yeah, I don't think that anyone would be able to tell if it's a gym or an aquarium." Alain stated.

"In my opinion, they should quit being gym leaders while they're still ahead." Luneth commented, bluntly.

"You're probably right." Mairin agreed.

Then they heard the Cali girl chatting and laughing of the three sisters as they approached. Luneth knew that she wasn't going to be getting a gym battle as she walked up to the three.

"Excuse me." she called, making them stop.

"I'm sorry, but if you want an interview, you have to, like, call our manager." the middle bluenette said.

Luneth sighed again. "No, it's not that." she assured her.

"We don't do autographs." the shortest Pinkett answered next.

"I don't want one," Luneth stated, "I just want to know if this is really a Pokémon gym or not."

"It sure is." the strawberry blond confirmed.

"Where can I find the gym leader?" Luneth questioned, though she already knew the dreaded answer.

"You're looking at them." The strawberry blond said.

Luneth sighed, afraid of that answer. She tuned out their little intro.

"What's with the swimming then?" Mairin asked.

"It's like our hobby and our fans love to watch us perform." the shortest one answered.

"We pool our talents to make a big splash." They all laughed at the lame joke, making Luneth almost fall over along with Alain, Mairin and the Pokémon as well.


Even though most of their Pokémon were healing at the Pokémon Center, the sisters luckily still had one Pokémon who could do a gym battle.

Right now, Luneth was battling against Daisy. Violet decided to act as referee. She announced that this was a one-on-one battle. Daisy sent out a Milotic while Luneth sent out Shayla (Clefable).

Luneth took out her Pokédex to scan Milotic:

[Milotic, the Tender Pokémon. Milotic is able to soften human anger and hatred by emitting soothing frequencies from its body.]

"Interesting." Luneth commented, "Okay, Shayla, let's go!"

"Milotic, use Water Gun!" Milotic shot a stream of water from her mouth at Shayla.

"Shayla, dodge!" Shayla jumped in the air, dodging the attack, "Now Thunder Shock!"

Shayla launched her electrical attack at Milotic who cried out in pain from the attack.

"Milotic!" Daisy cried out, "Are you alright?!"

Milotic shook its head and stared at Shayla, "Milo! (I'm fine!)"

"Okay then, use Aqua Tail!"

"Shayla, Thunder Punch!"

Shayla and Milotic's attacks clashed against each other. The two were pushed back. Shayla landed on the floating platform.

"Milotic, use Tackle!" Daisy ordered.

"Shayla, use Thunder Shock once more!" Shayla launched her electrical attack at Milotic who cried out in pain from the attack.

When the attack was over, it showed Milotic with swirls in its eyes. Milotic groaned in defeat.

"Milotic is unable to battle! Victory goes to Shayla! The winner of this gym battle belongs to Luneth Ketchum of Pallet Town!" Violet announced.

"Alright! We did it, Shayla!" Luneth cheered as she caught Shayla when she jumped into her arms.

Daisy returned Milotic, "You did your best, Milotic."


Everyone gathered near the pool.

"That was a totally awesome battle, you two." Lily commented.

Violet nodded, "Yeah."

"Thanks." Luneth and Daisy said.

"I have to admit that they're right, Luneth. I'm surprised that you’re a great battler." Daisy admitted.

"Thank you, Daisy. I learned a lot from Prof. Oak." Luneth thanked her.

Daisy held out her hand which had the Cerulean gym badge, "For proof of your victory, I give you the Cascade Badge."

Luneth slightly bowed towards Daisy, "Thank you, Daisy." She gently takes the badge from Daisy's hand.

"Alright! We got the Cascade Badge!" Luneth posed with her Pokémon.

"Eevui/Clefable! (Badge number two!)" Ginko and Shayla cheered.

"Excuse me." A male voice called out.

Everyone turned to the voice and saw Ash Ketchum and Pikachu.

"This is the Cerulean Gym, right?" Ash asked.

"Yes, it is." Lily replied.

"Great! I'm Ash Ketchum and I'm here for a gym battle!" Ash declared.

"Well we would like to battle you, Ash, however..." Daisy trailed off.

"All of our Pokémon are healing at the Pokémon Center." Violet finished.

"And Daisy just used her last one in today's battle." Lily added.

"Are you serious?!" Ash exclaimed with anger and disbelief.

"Sorry, but Luneth got here before you and asked for a battle." Daisy apologized.

"Lucky." Ash muttered.

"Hold on, I know what you want. Seel!" Daisy called out a Seel.

Luneth took out her Pokédex:

[Seel, the Sea Lion Pokémon. The protruding horn on its head is very hard. It is used for bashing through thick ice.]

"What a cutie!" Mairin beamed.

Seel opened his mouth with a badge on its tongue and gave it to Daisy, "Here you go, the Cascade Badge!"

Ash shook his head, "No, I came here to battle for the Cascade Badge fair and square."

"I'll give you that battle!" A female voice called out, clearly angry and annoyed.

Everyone turned to the voice and saw Misty.

"Misty?" Mairin asked, surprised.

"I'm a Cerulean gym trainer too," Misty announced. "The fourth sensational sister." she added unnecessarily, Lily was quick to correct her.

"There are only three sensational sisters and one runt." she said rather rudely, angering the ginger haired girl.

"So little sister, it's a surprise to see you back so soon." Daisy said.

"That little girl with a big mouth that said she wasn't gonna come back until she was a great Pokémon trainer, wasn't that you?" Violet taunted.

"...I guess I did say something like that when I left." She stated grudgingly.

"Misty, you left here pretending you wanted to be a Pokémon trainer because you couldn't compete with us because obviously, we're more talented and beautiful than you are." Violet pointed out.

"That wasn't the reason!" Misty shouted angrily.

"Harsh family." Alain commented, sweat dropped.

"Yeah." Luneth nodded, sweat-dropped.

"So what's going on here?" Ash asked, confused.

"Misty is the Cerulean Gym leader." Luneth replied.

"EH?!" Ash gawked.

"Oh, I guess you came back because you couldn't make it as a Pokémon trainer." Daisy said with a sigh.

"It wasn't my idea to come back here! The only reason I'm here is because I heard that you were giving out free badges! Are you trying to ruin the gym's reputation?" Misty yelled. "But since you are planning to give out badges for free, I've got no choice," She turned to Ash, "I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!"

Ash grinned, "I accept."


"This will be a two vs. two battle between gym leader Misty Waterflower and challenger Ash Ketchum! Both will only send out one Pokémon each! Do both sides agree?" Violet asked.

Misty and Ash nodded.

"Battle begin!"

"Alright then, Staryu, I choose you!" Misty shouted, tossing her Pokéball to the other platform and releasing the star shaped Pokémon.

Luneth took out her Pokédex:

[Staryu. The Star shaped Pokémon. The core of this Pokémon shines in a rainbow of seven colors, a core that is valued by some as a type of jewelry.]

Ash picked up Pikachu, "Pikachu, I choose you!"

However, Pikachu held onto his arm. He didn't want to battle Misty, much to Ash's dismay.

"Pikachu, what are you doing?!" Ash gasped.

Pikachu pointed at Misty and shook his head.

"Are you saying that you don't want to battle with Misty?" Ash guessed.

"Pikapi." Pikachu nodded.

"Well I guess it's okay if you don't want to battle a friend." Ash assured Pikachu.

"Pikachu! You're a Pika pal!" Misty cheerfully called out.

"Pika!" Pikachu smiled.

"Thanks a lot, Pikachu," Ash said sarcastically while Misty smiled.

Ash pulled out a Poké ball and threw it, "Butterfree, I choose you!"

Butterfree came out from his Poké ball.

Misty pulled out a Pokéball, "Well, in that case, Misty calls Staryu!"

Her Staryu came out from the Pokéball and Ash pulled out his Dexter.

"Oh, wow, leave it to a girl to show off her jewelry." Ash muttered after hearing the information.

"Quit stalling and let's get this show on the road!" Misty called.


Her sisters were standing next to Luneth, Alain and Mairin.

"Do you think Misty could really win?" Violet asked.

"Like, in her dreams, maybe." Lily said.

Alain raised an eyebrow at her.

"Wow, Misty's sisters sure know how to cheer for her." Luneth muttered sarcastically.

"Yeah." Mairin agreed.

"Eeve." Ginko muttered.


"Butterfree, you can blow that thing away with one blast, tackle it!" Ash called.

Butterfree flew toward Staryu and slammed it down before flying away.

"Staryu, Counter Attack!" Misty called.

Staryu got up quickly and spin up in the air toward Butterfree.

"Butterfree, dodge!" Ash called, and he did.

Staryu overextended, bouncing along on the island it landed on before being tackled once again by Butterfree.

Ash laughed, "I'm gonna win this!"

"Staryu, Water Gun!" Misty called.

Staryu jumped into the water, blasting Butterfree with water, then it leaped back out onto the island and shot water, which Butterfree dodged easily.

"In that case, Stun Spore, now!" Ash called.

Butterfree coated the pool with Stun Spore as Staryu obligingly stopped shooting its Water Gun and allowed the Spore to fall over its body.

"Staryu, wash it off!" Misty called, and Staryu dropped into the water a moment after it jumped out and posed bravely, flexing the limbs that approximate its arms.

"Yay!" Misty cheered before looking at Ash, "Too bad you didn't know that Stun Spore doesn't work if you wash it off with water."

"Butterfree, Sleep Powder!" Ash called.

Butterfree started using the attack, but Staryu leaped into the water.

"Tackle it under water!" Misty called. Staryu jumped out of the pool and knocked Butterfree for a loop and only barely avoided the next tackle, and with Staryu bouncing in and out of the water, Butterfree can't counter-attack in any way.

Misty laughed, "Nothing beats Water Pokémon in the water!"

Staryu burst out of the water and connected hard with Butterfree, knocking him into the water.

"Butterfree, return!" Ash called as he held out Butterfree's Poké ball, which sent Butterfree back. He pulled out another Pokéball, "Pidgeotto, I choose you!" Pidgeotto came out of its Poké ball, flying up.

"Oh yeah?" Misty asked as she held out Staryu's Poké ball, "Staryu, return!" She sent it back inside and pulled out another Poké ball, "Misty calls Starmie!" She threw the Pokéball and sent out Starmie.

"Pidgeotto, Whirlwind it away!" Ash called and Pidgeotto started to blow Starmie away.

"Dive under and up!" Misty called.

Starmie leaped under the water and then quickly burst out and tackled Pidgeotto back.

"Strike back with Wing Attack," Ash called.

Starmie came around for another tackle, spinning dangerously, but Pidgeotto knocked it down with the Wing Attack. Unfortunately, Starmie got knocked right into the water, which refreshed it and it come spinning back out and slamming hard into Pidgeotto, and once again Starmie came around for another tackle.

"Give it a Gust to blow it away!" Ash called.

Pidgeotto used Gust Attack that knocked Starmie past the pool and hard into the side wall.

"Starmie!" Misty called. Starmie collapsed to the ground, its core blinking to indicate its energy was low.

"Pidgeotto-" He was cut off by a rumbling that started to shake the Gym. Suddenly, a massive vehicle with a metallic wedge on the front smashed through the wall. Luneth knew that it was Team Rocket who burst in with their stupid vacuum machine.

"Like, check out that hair!" Lily said.

"Like, who invited the party crashers?" Violet asked.

"Sorry to break in on you ladies!" Jessie said.

"Allow us to introduce ourselves." James continued.

"To protect the world from devastation."

"To unite all people within our nations."

"To denounce the evil of truth and love."

"To extend our reach to the stars above."

"Jessie."

"James."

"Blast off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth! Dat's right!" Meowth said, making his appearance from above.

"The water Pokémon have the advantage." James said.

"But if we steal that water away." Jessie continued.

"The water Pokémon are ours for the taking!" James finished.

"And Meowth knows just how to do it!" The talking cat Pokémon said, pointing at them.

"What are they trying to prove?" Daisy asked, at least until all three of them squealed in distress and shock when a large hose was thrown into the pool.

"Metagross, use Psychic to take that hose out of the water before it takes anything!" Alain let out his Iron Leg Pokémon.

"Metagross!" Metagross appeared and its eyes glowed blue. Outlining the hose with blue and tossed it out of the pool.

"Ginko, Thunder Shock!" Luneth called out.

"Pikachu, use Thunder Shock as well!" Ash added.

The Thunder Shock attack electrocuted the heck out of the machine and Team Rocket, making them all cry out in pain and then the machine exploded and sent the trio flying out the hole they made in the wall and into the sky.

"LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!" They shouted as they became specks in the sky.

DING!

Alain sighed in relief, "What a bunch of idiots."

Ginko nodded, "Eevui. (You said it.)"

Luneth then noticed the charred walls and floor that the explosion of the machine had caused, "Er, sorry about the explosion." She apologized sheepishly, bowing in apology to the four sisters.

"Don't be, you, like, totally saved our Pokémon from those nefarious evil doers." Violet assured.

Luneth only sweat-dropped.

"Hey, we never got to finish our match." Misty said, amiably.

"Er, yeah and I was about to win it too..." Ash trailed off.

"What?" Misty asked, confused.

"You could just say that it was postponed due to 'drain'." Violet suggested, holding a finger up.

"At least nobody lost." Lily added.

"I just wanted to win." Misty said.

"I guess I'm not going to get that Cascade Badge." Ash said, sadly.

"Wrong," Daisy denied, presenting the badge to Ash, "We're giving this badge to you, Ash."

"Huh?" Ash blinked in confusion.

"What?!" Misty gawked, "How come he gets the badge? He didn't win!"

"Well Ash's Pikachu and Luneth's Eevee, like, totally saved us all and we knew that Ash would totally win since you called on him." Daisy explained.

Misty groaned at that.

"Here, take the badge, Ash. You deserve it." Daisy handed the badge to Ash.

"Thank you so much!" Ash said gratefully.


Soon afterwards, the group went to the Pokémon center to get their Pokémon healed. Luneth sent Shayla (Clefable) to rest from training and brought Hectate (Scyther). They spent the night in the Pokémon Center and headed out the next morning.


Pokémon Obtained:

Luneth: Shiny Eevee (Ginko)(F), Shiny Feebas (Moana)(F), Pidgeotto (Cardinal)(M), Sandshrew (Digger)(M), Pokémon Egg, Hecate (Scyther)(F)

Alain: Charizard (M), Metagross (Genderless), Unfezant (M), Chestnaught (M), Steelix (M), Zubat (M), Pokémon Egg

Mairin: Chespin (Chespie)(M), Flabébé (Bébé)(F), Gogoat (Grazer)(F), Butterfree (Nabi)(M), Paras (Kinoko)(F), Clefairy (Pixie)(F)


Professor Oak's Lab:

Luneth: Nidoran (Fonda)(F), Beautifly (Choko)(F), Swablu (Avaley)(F), Mankey (Bruce)(M), Buizel (Itachi)(M), Clefable (Shayla)(F)

Alain: Beedrill (M), Nidoran (M), Scyther (M), Tyranitar (M)

9