The Hidden Village
248 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luneth, Alain, Mairin and their Pokémon are walking through the Vermillion Forest, heading towards Vermillion City where Luneth's next gym badge awaits.

"How far are we from a Pokémon center, Alain?" Mairin asked.

Alain took out his PokéNav and fiddled with the apps. Then a map popped up with a red dot, which indicated where they are.

"Here we are." Alain said.

Luneth looked over his shoulder, "We're not far from a Pokémon Center." She said.

"Really!" Mairin perked up.

"Yup. We'll get going in a few minutes." Luneth assured her.

Then Ginko's ears perked up. Luneth noticed this gesture, "What is it, Ginko?" She asked.

Ginko ran towards the bushes and the three trainers followed after her. When they went past the bushes, they were surprised at what they saw. It was a shiny Snivy who seemed to be in pain.

"A shiny Snivy? What's one doing here in Kanto?" Luneth questioned as she took out her Pokédex:

[Snivy, the Grass Snake Pokémon. Cool, calm, and collected, Snivy uses photosynthesis to collect energy with the leaf on its tail. Note: This different coloration indicates that this Pokémon is a shiny Pokémon.]

Ginko was standing next to the shiny Snivy who was explaining that her trainers can help her. Snivy glanced at Ginko and then Luneth and back to Ginko. The two nodded and Snivy nodded back. Ginko gestured to Luneth to come over. Luneth walked over to Snivy and knelt down beside her. She examined the rash on her tail.

"Don't worry, it's only a small rash. We'll make it better in no time." Luneth assured Snivy as she took out a Super Potion, "Now this might sting a bit, okay? So try to stay still."

Snivy nodded. Luneth sprayed the rash and Snivy whimpered.

"It's okay, the pain should go away soon." Luneth assured her as she put a bandage around Snivy's tail.

Soon enough, the pain was soon gone. Snivy blinked when she realized that her pain was gone. Then she smiled and turned to Luneth.

"Snivy! (Thank you!)" Snivy thanked Luneth.

Luneth smiled, "You're welcome." She said.

"Sniv? (Did you just understand me?)" Snivy asked, surprised.

"Yes, I've been able to understand Pokémon for as long as I can remember." Luneth replied.

"Snivy! (Cool!)" Snivy beamed, "Sniv? (Can I come with you?)"

"You want to come with me?" Luneth blinked.

Snivy nodded, "Snivy!" She smiled and then blinked, "Snivy, sniv snivy sniv. (Before you capture me, I want to say goodbye to someone first.)"

Luneth smiled, "Sure, we'll let you say goodbye." She promised.

Luneth carefully picked up Snivy and turned to Alain and Mairin, "Ready to go?"

Alain and Mairin nodded, "Yeah."

And so, Snivy led them to the person she wishes to say goodbye to.


Then they soon arrived at where the person lives which was a small wooden cabin where a blue haired woman was tending to some Pokémon. Luneth recognized this place as the Hidden Village and the blue haired woman as Melanie.

"Is this the place?" Luneth asked.

Snivy nodded, "Sniv!"

Melanie turned to the sound of Snivy.

"Snivy! There you are!" Melanie ran over to the gang and stopped in front of them, "Where have you been?"

"We found her in the forest. She had a rash on her tail, and I treated it." Luneth explained.

"Oh, thank you." Melanie thanked her and soon realized that Snivy was in Luneth's arms, "Um, who are you?"

"I'm Luneth Ketchum. This is my partner, Ginko." Luneth introduced herself and her shiny Eevee.

Ginko trilled in greeting.

"Alain Sycamore and this is my little sister, Mairin."

"Hi! This is my partner, Chespie!"

"Chespin!"

"Nice to meet you. Not to be rude, but what are you doing here?" Melanie asked.

"Well, Snivy wanted to say goodbye before she joins my team." Luneth replied.

"Really? You haven't caught Snivy?" Melanie questioned.

"Yeah. I thought it would be alright if she gets to say goodbye." Luneth explained.

"Thank you for that." Melanie thanked Luneth.

At that moment, someone's stomach growled. Everyone turned to Mairin who rubbed the back of her head sheepishly.

"How about some lunch?" Luneth suggested.


Lunch was made. The gang's Pokémon had joined them with Melanie and the village Pokémon.

"Are these Pokémon all yours, Melanie?" Mairin asked as she watched all the Pokémon in the area.

"Oh no." Melanie shook her head, "This is a place where Pokémon are able to rest and relax. When Pokémon are abandoned or injured, they can come here. I take care of them till they get better and then they can leave."

"So this is like a Pokémon center and Melanie's like a Pokémon doctor." Mairin said.

"Oh no," Melanie shook her head. "I'm not qualified to be a Pokémon doctor." she replied with a smile.

"So it's more like a Pokémon health spa." Luneth commented.

"Yes, here the Pokémon don't battle with one another. They relax and try to enjoy themselves until they recover." Melanie continued.

"Wow." Luneth and Mairin praised Melanie.

"I collect plants to use for medicine and I know all about which plants can help a Pokémon feel better or grow stronger when it's too weak." Melanie finished.

"That's amazing, Melanie." Luneth complimented.

"Thank you, Luneth." Melanie smiled.


The gang was helping out Melanie by taking care of the Pokémon and they promised that they wouldn't catch any of them. Everyone's Pokémon was interacting with the other Pokémon. Some were Kanto Region Pokémon and there were some that weren't.

Luneth gently splashed water on a Staryu, "Does that feel better, Staryu?" She asked after the water Pokémon shook itself off.

Mairin was giving all her attention to Petilil and Sewaddle who seemed to like her. A Frigibax was hanging around Alain's Charizard. It was also odd because Frigibax were usually found in the Paldea Region and Petilil and Sewaddle were from the Unova Region.

Luneth had noticed that a Bulbasaur was standing guard next to the cabin, watching over the Pokémon.

"Is Bulbasaur a protector of the village?" Luneth asked Melanie.

"Well, he volunteered to protect our whole village. He protects all the injured Pokémon whenever enemies try to attack them," Melanie explained, "Bulbasaur is the bravest and most loyal Pokémon I know."

"But he doesn't like trainers, right?" Alain asked.

"I'm afraid so." Melanie replied.

Suddenly they heard beeping sounds coming from their backpacks.

"My egg!" Luneth and Alain gasped.

The two trainers went to their bags and took out their egg incubators. They carefully took the egg out of the incubator. Then they sat down with their eggs in their laps while everyone stood behind them. The eggs began to glow brighter and brighter as Luneth and Alain used their arms to cover their eyes. When the light died down, Luneth and Alain were shocked at what Pokémon had hatched from the eggs. Luneth had a shiny Riolu and Alain had a shiny Zorua.

"Wow, a shiny Riolu and a shiny Zorua." Luneth said as she took out her Pokédex:

[Riolu, the Emanation Pokémon. When sad or scared, Riolu's aura becomes stronger as a way of signaling its allies. Note: This different coloration indicates that this Pokémon is a shiny Pokémon.]

[Zorua, the Tricky Fox Pokémon. Zorua hides its true form by changing its shape into people and Pokémon and loves to surprise people. Note: This different coloration indicates that this Pokémon is a shiny Pokémon.]

"Aw, they're so cute." Melanie beamed.

Riolu and Zorua opened their eyes to see Luneth and Alain looking down at them. They blinked at them and then nuzzled against their cheeks.

"It's great to meet you, Cairo." Luneth smiled.

Riolu blinked in confusion.

"It's your name. I wanted to give you a name. So I came up with 'Cairo'." Luneth explained.

Cairo the Riolu blinked again and smiled, "Rio!" He chirped.

"He seems to like his name." Melanie smiled.

"I'm glad." Luneth smiled as well.


Melanie let the gang stay for the night at her cabin. Unknown to everyone, Bulbasaur had been observing Luneth, Alain and Mairin throughout the day. At first, he was wary of the three trainers, but he could see how much they care for their Pokémon. Perhaps, he was wrong about all trainers being cruel. It assured him that they wouldn't harm a Pokémon. Then he made a decision.


It was the next morning, and the gang was ready to leave.

"Thanks for letting us stay the night, Melanie." Luneth thanked her.

"You're welcome. I have to admit that it was nice to meet some nice trainers." Melanie admitted.

"I'm glad." Luneth smiled and knelt beside Snivy, "So Snivy, you ready to go?"

Snivy nodded and Luneth took out a Pokéball.

"I'm also giving you a name which is Minerva. Do you like it?" Luneth asked.

"Sniv! (I love it!)" 'Minerva' trilled.

"Then welcome to the team, Minerva." Luneth gently pressed the button on Minerva's forehead and Minerva was sucked inside. The Pokéball wiggled for a moment and then 'ding'.

"Take good care of Minerva, Luneth." Melanie requested.

"Don't worry, I will." Luneth promised.

"Bulba. (Wait.)" Bulbasaur called out.

Everyone turned to Bulbasaur who walked over to Luneth.

"Bulba bulbasaur. (I would like to battle you.)" Bulbasaur requested.

"Huh?" Luneth blinked in confusion.

"What did Bulbasaur say?" Alain asked.

"He said that he wants to battle me." Luneth replied.

Everyone else was shocked at what Luneth had translated.

"Are you sure, Bulbasaur?" Melanie asked.

Bulbasaur nodded, "Bulba. (I'm sure.)"

"Well, if it's alright with Bulbasaur, it's alright with me." Luneth stated happily.


Luneth, with Cardinal (Pidgeotto) in front of her, and Bulbasaur stood a few feet apart from each other.

"Cardinal, use Peck Attack!" Luneth called out.

Cardinal pecked at the Bulbasaur like crazy. Bulbasaur used Razor Leaf to blow Cardinal away, but Cardinal flew up to dodge.

"Now it's time to use your new move, Sky Attack!" Luneth shouted.

Cardinal had a white energy surrounding him and charged at Bulbasaur. That gave Bulbasaur real pain and dazed it.

"Now Tackle!" Cardinal flew straight at Bulbasaur and slammed into him. Bulbasaur tumbled for a second and soon fainted.

"Bulbasaur is unable to battle! Cardinal is the winner!" Alain announced.

Melanie came over to Bulbasaur and petted him, "You did your best, Bulbasaur."

Luneth came over and handed an Oran berry to Melanie who gave it to Bulbasaur. He perked up after he began eating it. Then Luneth took out a Super Potion and began spraying it on Bulbasaur who soon started to look better.

"Feel better?" Luneth asked.

Bulbasaur nodded, "Bulba. Bulbasaur bulba. Bulbasaur. (I'm fine. You are a strong trainer. Minerva is in good hands.)"

"Thank you, Bulbasaur." Luneth smiled and then turned to Cardinal, "Thank you, Cardinal."

Cardinal squawked with glee. But then he started to glow white, then he grew bigger. When the light faded, Cardinal was now a bigger bird with a short, hooked beak.

"Wow! Cardinal evolved!" Mairin beamed.

Luneth took out her phone and scanned the Pokémon.

[Pidgeot, the Bird Pokémon. The evolved form of Pidgeotto. It can fly at twice the speed of sound at an altitude of nearly one mile.]

Luneth rubbed Cardinal's beak in affection and Cardinal enjoyed it.

Petilil and Sewaddle walked up to Mairin and rubbed their cheeks against her legs.

"Huh what's wrong?" Mairin asked.

"It seems Petilil and Sewaddle want to go with you," Melanie observed, "So would you take care of them?"

"If that is what they want I'll do it." Mairin tapped a Pokéball on Petilil and Sewaddle's head and soon they were caught.

Alain ended up taking a Pokémon too. The Frigibax that was hanging around his Charizard. It didn't hesitate to come with him.


"Have a safe trip." Melanie said sincerely to the group, Ginko was on Luneth's shoulder while holding Minerva in her arms as she let the grass type out to say goodbye to Melanie. Mairin was holding Petilil and Sewaddle in her arms with Chespie on her left shoulder so they could also say goodbye to Melanie. Alain was holding Frigibax in his arms. Bulbasaur stood by Melanie's feet so that he could say goodbye to his friends.

"I promise to take great care of Minerva." Luneth promised just as sincerely.

"And I promise that I'll take great care of Petilil and Sewaddle." Mairin promised.

"I'll take great care of Frigibax as well." Alain added.

Melanie pat Minerva affectionately on the head. "Minerva, I'm miss you." Melanie thanked with a bittersweet smile.

"Sniv. (I'll miss you too.)" Minerva responded softly.

Then she patted Petilil and Sewaddle affectionately, "I'll miss you too, Petilil and Sewaddle."

"Petilil, pet/ Sew sewaddle. (I'll miss you too, Melanie.)" Petilil and Sewaddle smiled sadly.

Lastly, she rubbed Frigibax's head, "You too, Frigibax."

"Frigi." Frigibax sniffled with teary eyes.

"Bye Melanie!" Luneth waved back to her cheerily as they left.

"Goodbye! Take care of each other!" Melanie called after them, her and the Pokémon also waving them off with smiles.

"Snivy! (Goodbye!)" Minerva called back as she watched their shrinking figures.

"Don't worry, Minerva, you'll see your friends again. As soon as they feel better, they'll leave this place too." Luneth assured her new shiny Snivy.

"I know that you'll see them again someday, Petilil and Sewaddle." Mairin added.

"Sniv~." Minerva smiled.

And so, the gang continued on their way to Vermilion City.


Pokémon Obtained:

Luneth: Shiny Eevee (Ginko)(F), Pidgeot (Cardinal)(M), Sandshrew (Digger)(M), Scyther (Hecate)(F), Shiny Riolu (Cairo)(M), Shiny Snivy (Minerva)(F)

Alain: Charizard (M), Metagross (Genderless), Unfezant (M), Steelix (M), Zubat (M), Shiny Zorua (M), Frigibax (M)

Mairin: Chespin (Chespie)(M), Gogoat (Grazer)(F), Paras (Kinoko)(F), Clefairy (Pixie)(F), Petilil (Lily)(F), Sewaddle (Taylor)(F)


Professor Oak's Lab:

Luneth: Nidoran (Fonda)(F), Beautifly (Choko)(F), Swablu (Avaley)(F), Mankey (Bruce)(M), Buizel (Itachi)(M), Clefable (Shayla)(F), Shiny Feebas (Moana)(F)

Alain: Beedrill (M), Nidoran (M), Scyther (M), Tyranitar (M), Chestnaught (M)

Mairin: Butterfree (Nabi)(M), Clefairy (Pixie)(F), Flabébé (Bébé)(F)

7