The Lonely Oshawott
118 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was strange how Luneth lost track of her brother, Ash. For some strange reason, he went in a different direction from her. But she knew that she'll meet up with him and the others again. At the moment, they were traveling peacefully along the road. Luneth couldn't stop thinking about the experience that she, Alain and Mairin went through. She was glad that she, Alain and Mairin were able to adopt Damien's Pokémon. They didn't deserve to stay with Damien. 

"I find it amazing that we ended up with some new Pokémon in one day." Luneth smiled.

"Good thing that none of the Pokémon were terribly abused. I'm just glad that Damien is getting what he deserves." Mairin stated.

Ginko and Chespie nodded.

"I agree. Trainers like Damien shouldn't even exist." Alain commented.

"You said it." Luneth agreed.

Suddenly Ginko stopped in her steps. Luneth took noticed of this.

"Ginko, is something wrong?" Luneth asked.

Ginko nodded and turned towards the woods and the others followed after her.


The three trainers followed after Ginko. As they got closer, they heard crying nearby. When they looked through the bushes, they were surprised to see where the source of the crying was coming from; an Oshawott sitting in the middle of a clearing.

"An Oshawott?" Luneth asked.

"I'm surprised to see one here. They should be in the Unova region." Alain stated.

Luneth took out her Pokédex and scanned Oshawott:

[Oshawott, the Sea Otter Pokémon. Oshawott attacks and defends using the scalchop that can be removed from its stomach.]

"Do you think this Oshawott is abandoned?" Luneth asked.

"Could be." Alain replied.

Ginko walks out of the bushes and walks over to Oshawott. She stood in front of Oshawott who was shocked to see her. The two began talking to one another. Oshawott smiled at Ginko and turned to the bushes. Then Ginko called out to them. So the trainers came into a clearing where Ginko and Oshawott were.

"Hi there, Oshawott. What are you doing here?" Luneth greeted.

"Oshawott. (Oh, I live here.)" Oshawott responded.

"You live here? In the forest?" Luneth questioned.

Oshawott nodded and started walking away, "Osh. (Follow me, I'll show you.)" He said.

So the group follows Oshawott.


They soon arrive at a cabin that stood near a small pond which reminded them of the Hidden Village. Since it was close to lunch time, Luneth offered to make lunch, and everyone let out their Pokémon to enjoy some fresh air.

"You live here, Oshawott?" Luneth asked.

Oshawott nodded happily, "Oshawott, osh oshawott. Osh osh oshawott. (Yup, my old friend loved living outdoors. So she built a cabin out here.)"

"Lived? You lived with someone else?" Luneth questioned.

"Osh. (Yeah)." Oshawott replied, sadly.

"What did Oshawott say?" Alain asked.

"Oshawott lived here with someone." Luneth replied.

"What happened?" Alain asked.

"Oshawott. Osh oshawott. Oshawott. (Old age. I stayed by her side the entire time that she got sick. I've been living here ever since.)" Oshawott explained, sadly.

"I'm sorry, Oshawott." Luneth apologized.

"Osh. Oshawott, osh oshawott. (It's okay. Even though she's gone, I'll always remember her.)" Oshawott assured her.

Luneth translated for Oshawott once more. The three trainers and the Pokémon smiled softly at Oshawott.

"That's a good thought, Oshawott." Luneth complimented, smiled.

"By the way, how did you meet your friend?" Mairin asked, curious.

Oshawott explained that he was found as an egg by his human friend and took care of him for over a year. Oshawott decided to stay with her to repay her kindness.

"Oshawott. Oshawott osha osha. (I love living here. But it's gets a little lonely.)" Oshawott explained, "Osh oshawott. (The townspeople stop by once in a while to check up on me.)"

"That's kind of them. Don't you worry about trainers?" Luneth asked.

"Oshawott, osh oshawott. (Don't worry, I hide very well from them.)" Oshawott assured her.

"You must be a good hider then." Luneth commented.

"Oshawott. (You bet.)" Oshawott teased.

Suddenly Luneth felt coming towards them and they weren't friendly ones either. Ginko must have felt it too because she got in front of Oshawott and used 'Protect' to protect them both from a mechanical claw trying to catch the Sea Otter Pokémon.

"Come out, you jerks!" Luneth demanded.

At that moment, two figures appeared. But it wasn't Jessie and James...it was Cassidy and Butch!

"Who the heck are you two?" Mairin asked, shocked.

"Prepare for trouble." Cassidy started.

"And make it double!" Butch continued.

"Here's our mission, so you better listen!"

"To infect the world with devastation!"

"To blight all people in every nation!"

"To denounce the goodness of truth and love!"

"To extend our wrath to the stars above!"

"Cassidy!"

"And Butch, of course!"

"We're Team Rocket, circling Earth all day and night."

"Surrender to us now or you will surely lose the fight!"

"Are they just as stupid as Jessie and James are?" Luneth questioned, brow arched.

"It's possible." Alain shrugged.

"WE ARE NOTHING LIKE THOSE LOSERS!" Cassidy and Butch yelled in anger.

"Sure you are." Luneth said, sarcastically while rolling her eyes, "Anyways, Ginko, use Thunder Shock!"

Ginko launched her attack towards Cassidy and Butch screamed when the attack hit them and sent them flying into the air.

"WE'RE BLASTING OFF JUST LIKE THOSE DOPES!!!" Cassidy and Butch shouted before they disappeared across the sky.

DING!

"And that's that." Luneth commented.


"Well, we got to get going if we want to get to Vermilion City." Luneth decided.

"Yeah. I know you want to beat Ash there." Alain teased.

Luneth nodded, "Yeah."

"Oshawott! (Wait!)" Oshawott called out.

The group turned to Oshawott who was slightly fidgeting.

"Osh oshawott? (I was wondering if I could come with you?)" Oshawott asked.

Luneth blinked, "What?"

"Oshawott. Osh oshawott, osh osh oshawott oshawott. (I would like to come with you. If my friend were here, she wouldn't want me to be alone. She would want me to find a great trainer to let me join their team.)" Oshawott explained.

Luneth smiled, "I would love for you to join my team." She said.

Oshawott smiled back. Luneth took out a Pokéball and held it out to Oshawott.

"I'll give you the name 'Morrow'. Is that okay?" Luneth asked.

"Oshawott! (I like it!)" Oshawott beamed.

Then 'Morrow' the Oshawott pressed the button and was sucked inside the Pokéball. It wiggled for a second and then clicked which meant a successful capture.

"Another new friend, huh?" Alain asked.

Luneth nodded with a smile, "Yeah."


By gaining a new friend, our heroes head off in the direction of Vermillion City as the journey continues.


Pokémon Obtained:

Luneth: Shiny Eevee (Ginko)(F), Pidgeot (Cardinal)(M), Sandshrew (Digger)(M), Scyther (Hecate)(F), Shiny Riolu (Cairo)(M), Shiny Snivy (Minerva)(F)

Alain: Charizard (M), Metagross (Genderless), Unfezant (M), Steelix (M), Zubat (M), Shiny Zorua (M), Frigibax (M)

Mairin: Chespin (Chespie)(M), Gogoat (Grazer)(F), Paras (Kinoko)(F), Clefairy (Pixie)(F), Petilil (Lily)(F), Sewaddle (Taylor)(F)


Professor Oak's Lab:

Luneth: Nidoran (Fonda)(F), Beautifly (Choko)(F), Swablu (Avaley)(F), Mankey (Bruce)(M), Buizel (Itachi)(M), Clefable (Shayla)(F), Shiny Feebas (Moana)(F), Shiny Charizard (Freya)(F), Shiny Fennekin (Rogue)(F), Mienfoo (Mulan)(F), Glaceon (Aira)(F), Leafeon (Patia)(F), Gengar (Jasper)(M), Shiny Chimchar (Pyro)(F), Galarian Ponyta (Nelia)(F), Shiny Chespin (Eithne)(F), Alolan Raichu (Capala)(M), Rockruff (Remus)(M), Meowstic (Yuki)(F), Oshawott (Morrow)(M)

Alain: Beedrill (M), Nidoran (M), Scyther (M), Tyranitar (M), Chestnaught (M), Hisuian Braviary (M), Shiny Squirtle (M), Piplup (M), Cufant (F), Lokix (M), Magby (M), Axew (M), Rockruff (M), Alakazam (M), Meowstic (M)

Mairin: Butterfree (Nabi)(M), Clefairy (Pixie)(F), Flabébé (Bébé)(F), Grookey (Hiro)(M), Pansage (Sage)(M), Turtwig (Ardan)(M), Skitty (Kissa)(F)

5