Guilt -chapter 02
23 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The memory is very short for him; it is so short that anyone can easily remember it.

 

In the memory.

 

As a kid, he is playing around with many kids on the ground.

 

When he was running to the tree, a monster came out of nowhere.

 

This monster is tall as a tree. It has the looks of a wolf with the capabilities of a human.

 

The moment the wolf human looks at him, he feels instinctive fear.

 

Seeing him fear the wolf human, there was an evil grin in his mouth as he looked at him with an evil smile.

 

He wants to run from the wolf, but his knees don't have any strength because of fear.

 

As he fell to the ground, he wanted to crawl out of there.

 

There is a panic situation around the kids who were playing with him.

 

Some kids fainted from the scary face of the wolf.

 

There was saliva dripping from the wolf's human mouth as he looked at the kids.

 

With an evil smile, the wolf kicks his head, which is trying to avoid the kick.

 

But he couldn't, as it was too fast for a kid like him to avoid, and because of fear, he can't even move with any strength in his body.

 

The moment the kick hit the side of his head, he started to fly to another side.

 

Before he fell unconscious, he saw a person running to the wolf and chopping its head off.

 

Before he fell, the person caught him, and he couldn't see the face.

 

He can see everything in blurry detail, as it was hard for him even to keep his eyes open.

 

Then he lost consciousness at that moment.

 

The end of memory.

 

.....

 

It was a very short memory for him; he can't even remember any more memories about him.

 

He closed his eyes tightly, trying to remember more about him, but couldn't as a severely painful headache came.

 

Tightly clutching his head while letting out deep breaths, he let the pain calm down.

 

He can't remember the memories before that.

 

It is the worst situation for him.

 

"What do I do now?

 

He is now trapped in this world while invading another person's body without any consciousness of anything.

 

Now, he doesn't even have any memories of this person he can take advantage of.

 

While putting two hands in his face, only two of his eyes can be seen as his face gets covered by his hands.

 

"No....way"

 

He is taking deep breaths to calm himself down; he is panicking very much currently.

 

"Hello... Any system or any god who can help me?"

 

He spoke while looking at the air, hoping for some miracles like the stories to happen.

 

"Any.. help..will be appreciated, please. Help....."

 

He looks at the air while mumbling these words.

 

Scratching his face, knowing that what he is doing now is nothing more than a childish tantrum,

 

There is no help for him from anyone.

 

While taking a deep breath and thinking about what he should do now.

 

Before he can finish his deep breath, the door opens with a loud sound.

 

Bam───!

 

A beautiful woman with the aura of a mother enters the room with tearful eyes.

 

The maid is hiding behind the beautiful woman, as if to forget what has happened before.

 

He forgets that he was taking a deep breath as he looks at both of them with panicked eyes.

 

Seeing him suddenly start to choke, the maid quickly gives him a glass filled with water.

 

Taking the glass in his hand while drinking the water.

 

He feels calm, but the current situation has filled his forehead with sweat.

 

"Do you feel okay?" The beautiful woman asked with a worried face.

 

"Y-Yes..I am." He says it with a nervous tone.

 

Then the woman hugged him while she was crying; meanwhile, he was very confused by the sudden change of situation.

 

Seeing the atmosphere of the room,he consoled the beautiful woman in his embrace by stroking her back.

 

But it looks like consoling didn't work, as the woman started crying loudly.

 

Then the woman holds his face with her two hands and gives him a peck on both cheeks.

 

While giving a last peck on his forehead.

 

"I-I thought...Yo-you will never wake up," she started to choke up before crying.

 

"They will be very happy to know that you woke up; I need to write a letter and send it quickly," she says with a joyful face as she is about to run out of the door.

 

But before leaving the room, she looks behind her and looks at him while asking, Do you remember me?"

 

She asked the question with many emotions, but one stood out.

 

It was hope.

 

She is looking at him with hopeful emotions for the answer to the question.

 

The moment she was about to leave the room, he was relieved for a moment.

 

But when she asked this question, his mind got complicated.

 

Can I say I remember her?

 

Will this answer to her question help him survive in this world?

 

Or do I say I can't remember her?

 

Will she feel sad that someone she knows doesn't know her?

 

Do I even have a right to talk with her?

 

This question suddenly came to his mind, as he is a person who doesn't know her.

 

What will she feel if she knows that I am not someone she knows?

 

But am I someone who has taken over another body?

 

Can I tell this to her, who is filled with hopeful emotions?

 

He is hesitating to answer this question as seconds start to pass and become minutes.

 

There is a quiet silence in the room as both of them look at him with hopeful emotions.

 

"I can't remember you," he says, hesitating very much.

 

There is a quite silence in the room after his response; there wasn't even the sound of breaths.

 

As they hold it.

 

The woman looks quite sad by the answer, as tears start to come from her eyes.

 

But then she smiles with happiness as she looks at him.

 

She came near him as she hugged him while saying, "It's okay... It may take some time. But... you will remember it ...someday."

 

She rubbed his back while giving him two pecks on the cheeks before leaving the room.

 

The maid looks sad, but she bows to him before leaving the room, following behind her.

 

The moment they left, he fell to the bed.

 

With his hand on his face, his heart is filled with complicated emotions.

 

The highest emotion was guilt.

 

He is feeling guilty about the words he has spoken to the woman: "I can't remember you."

 

He chose these words carefully to not hurt her emotions, but from the smile on her face, it looks like she was quite hurt.

 

The reason for him to say these words was for survival.

 

Yes, it's for survival.

 

He can't tell them everything honestly or even hide it from them.

 

If he tells them he is not someone they know, how will they feel?

 

They will be devastated; he is sure about this as he can see the precious items attached to this room.

 

No one will spend so much money on someone who is bedridden.

 

But there is another reason for him to say these words carefully.

 

It's because he is feeling guilty about the emotions on their faces.

 

It can be seen that they had great attachments.

 

But he will now try his best to survive in this world while also trying his best not to hurt their emotions.

 

This wouldn't have happened if he had his memories.

 

With regretful emotions, he sighed while sitting on the bed.

 

 

 

1