ISOLATION
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xion trembled at his mother's hip, tears streaming down his face like an unending waterfall. Her eyes were tightly shut, and her skin felt as cold as ice.

         No, no, no, no! The shock of the situation gripped Xion, and he continuously glanced back at Kagami, who was trying to assess the situation with anger and frustration.

         They had only been away for a mere 15 minutes, yet this unthinkable tragedy had unfolded in such a short span of time. Xion's mind raced with questions: Who could have done this? Where were they?

         The overwhelming emotions inside him erupted, and he let out a bloodcurdling shout; “WHO DID THIS?!”

         A deafening silence hung in the air as Xion lowered his mother's lifeless body, gently shifting her to reveal the horrifying wound on her stomach.

         Blood filled his eyes as the wound was apparent.

         A sword, a great, long sword.

         The sight of it filled his eyes with a red haze of anger and grief.

         Xion's grip on her clothes tightened, and his teeth gritted with such force that they threatened to snap in half. His skin burned with fury, and his blood raced through his veins at a thousand miles per hour. 

         The tears streaming down his face were not tears of sadness, but ones fueled by an overwhelming rage.

         Just two days ago, he had been blissfully enjoying his life, believing that everything would get better. But now, his mother was gone, snatched away from him in an instant. 

         Kagami knelt down beside Xion, his heart aching as he met Xion's glare filled with pure hatred and contempt.

         “Who did this?!” Kagami spat at the bystanders, who quickly shot a point to the west.

         Kagami rose up, but Xion did quicker. He began walking off, hastily, Kagami snatched Xion’s arm. “No, Xion, you mus–”

         Xion was interrupted as his fury erupted. With a swift and powerful punch, Xion struck Kagami's jaw, sending him tumbling several feet back.

         “I’m going to take care of those assholes... I’ll kill them, rip out their intestines!” Xion shouted, his anger evident as he stormed off.

         Kagami, understanding the depth of Xion's pain, didn't utter another word.

         He had to focus on Luna's well-being. Cradling her in his arms, he rushed towards the nearest hospital, his breaths coming out in hurried gasps as he pushed himself to go faster.

         Thoughts and memories flickered rapidly in Kagami's mind as he raced against time.

         Zephyr, Zephyr, Zephyr... The name echoed relentlessly in his thoughts, a haunting reminder of the loss he had experienced before. He couldn't bear the thought of Luna dying.

         Just like Zephyr did.

         He couldn't bear the thought of losing another person he cared for. And what about Xion? He would be left on a path of destruction and self-recklessness, consumed by grief.

        Xion.

         He was determined to confront the individuals who had mercilessly stabbed Luna, driven by selflessness and a reckless resolve! Kagami abruptly stopped and skidded across the dirt, his gaze fixated on Xion's retreating figure.

          But then, a surge of panic and concern for Luna overwhelmed him, reminding him of the urgent need to prioritize her safety.

         "Damn it...!" Kagami cursed himself, torn between his desire to stop Xion and the pressing need to get Luna the help she desperately needed.

         With a heavy heart, Kagami turned away, his resolve firm. He sprinted towards the hospital, his thoughts consumed by fear and worry for Luna's well-being.

***

         I moved with an urgency, my steps quick and forceful, the dirt beneath my shoes kicking up in a frenzy. Each step sent a cloud of dust swirling into the air, creating a whirlwind of chaos and agitation.

         I can’t, I can’t…! My thoughts raced feverishly, refusing to accept the devastating reality. She couldn't be dead, just injured. But the weight of the truth pressed upon me, threatening to break me.

         But those heartless bastards, those evil monsters! Even after everything we've been through, the coma I endured, the loss of my father, why couldn't they leave us alone?!

         I know it was a knight, a chilling realization that struck me like a bolt of lightning.

         The wound inflicted on my mother's body was unmistakable, a perfect replica of a longsword's piercing blow to the upper stomach. It left no room for doubt, only a seething rage that consumed me from within.

         In a fit of uncontrollable rage, I let out a scream that echoed through the air, gripping my head in a futile attempt to control the overwhelming urge to destroy everything in sight.

         The anger inside me boiled like a cataclysmic disaster, a ticking bomb waiting to explode and wreak havoc upon the world.

         My body burned with an intense heat, as if I were engulfed in flames. The feverish intensity of my emotions threatened to consume me from the inside out.

         My vision narrowed, everything in front of me became a blur of crimson red, a haze of unbridled fury.

         Amidst the chaos, blood splattered gruesomely, painting a macabre scene of violence and despair. I felt the weight of a gleaming object slipping from my trembling fingers, realization hitting me like a punch to the gut.

        I was stabbing a deer to death.

         What am I doing? I angrily questioned myself, my mind swirling with confusion and self-loathing. How did I end up here? How did it all come to this? The desperation in my voice mirrored the turmoil within my soul.

         Frustrated, I turned away from the dying animal, stumbling over roots and muttering under my breath. I felt the weight of guilt and sorrow pressing upon my shoulders, threatening to break me down.

         She’s dead, she’s dead, she’s dead. The words echoed in my mind.

         No she’s not! Just... Hurt..

         She’s dead, damn it!

         "AGHHH !" I screamed, unleashing my fury upon a random tree deep within the forest. My fist collided with it, shattering wood and sending splintered branches flying through the air.

         The violence of my outburst mirrored the storm raging within me, a hurricane of emotions that threatened to consume me whole.

         From the impact point, a trickle of red liquid seeped down, accompanied by a pulsating pain. But in that moment, I didn't care.

         The physical pain was nothing compared to the torment I felt inside. I needed an outlet for this overwhelming anger.         

         Lowering my clenched fist, I wandered aimlessly through the forest, my feet stumbling over rocks and tangled roots.

         Frustrated and consumed by an all-consuming need for answers, I followed a glimmer of light that caught my eye. It led me to a bustling town nearby, its streets teeming with people and knights.

          If I get there and question... I’ll find out, and I’ll make them pay, I’ll kill them!

         With each step, I drew closer to the town, the radiant light casting an eerie glow upon my blood-streaked face as I made my way through the outskirts.

         My eyes narrowed as I caught sight of the first few knights strolling along the rocky streets, their armor gleaming in the sunlight. Their carefree conversations and smiles grated on my nerves.

         They don’t deserve to smile. How could they be so oblivious to the pain and suffering they had caused?

         Like a bolt of lightning, I dashed toward them, my movements swift and purposeful. The world around me blurred as adrenaline coursed through my veins.

         One of the knights turned his head, his eyes widening in surprise as I seized his armor's collar, forcefully turning his face to meet mine.

         Every fiber of my being fought against the urge to end him right then and there.

         The desire for revenge pulsed through my veins, but I knew that patience would yield greater satisfaction.

         Without hesitation, the other knights lunged at me, their swords drawn and ready for battle. But I swiftly twisted my wrists, using the knight I held as a shield. In one fluid motion, I propelled him toward his comrades, causing chaos and confusion to erupt among them.

         Seizing the opportunity, I charged at them with fury, crashing into the cobblestone roads with a resounding thud.

         A commotion erupted, drawing the attention of onlookers who quickly encircled us, their voices filled with fear and confusion. They labeled me as a dangerous threat, their eyes filled with judgment and suspicion.

         They’re all blind! Blinded by their own beliefs! The world had turned a blind eye to my pain, and now it was time to make them see.

         “Who did it?!” I shouted, my voice piercing through the face of the knight I had pinned. The intensity of my gaze bore into his soul, demanding answers.

         He stared at me with wide, shocked eyes, his mouth agape, unable to form coherent words. Fear and guilt danced across his features, a silent confession of his involvement.

         His voice trembled, a feeble attempt to feign ignorance. But I saw through his facade, the mask of innocence that he wore. “Did what..?”

         “Who killed my mother, Luna Joadia?!” I demanded, my voice filled with a seething rage.

         The knight fell silent, his gaze shifting away from mine. Growling with frustration, I released my grip on his neck, clenching my fist tightly, ready to strike.   

         Suddenly, a grip, as cold as the depths of winter, enveloped my wrists, seizing hold of me with an unyielding force that sent shivers down my spine.

         I was forcefully dragged across the street, my body resisting against the relentless pull. Anger surged within me, fueled by the injustice of my predicament.

         With a mixture of disbelief and confusion, I cast my gaze downward, only to discover my hands ensnared by unforgiving iron ropes.

         They coiled tightly around my wrists, their metallic sheen glinting ominously in the sunlight. 

         Metal mana?

         Turning to face my captor, a towering figure emerged from the shadows. He stood before me, a physical embodiment of gallantry, his presence commanding attention. His eyes, sharp and piercing, bore into mine with an intensity that made my heart skip a beat.

         With a swift and decisive motion, he forcefully raised me to my feet, straightening my posture against my will. The thunderous timbre of his voice reverberated through the air, a mix of anger and concern intertwining in his words.

         “Have you lost your mind?!” The knight screamed at me.

         I met his gaze with eyes ablaze, my anger simmering just beneath the surface.

         For a moment, I shifted my attention to the knight I had previously attacked. I uttered my response, my voice laced with defiance.

         “No, you knights did.”

         The knight's eyes narrowed, his countenance hardening as he contemplated my words. In a swift motion, he released my wrists, only to firmly capture my jaw, his grip unyielding. 

         His words, dripping with authority, cut through the air like a blade forged from justice itself.

         “This is a first-tier attack on a knight, which is against the law and punishable by confinement!”

         A low growl escaped my lips, “Those words mean nothing to me, knighthood has perished. All that remains is a shadow of evil.”

         Silence hung in the air, filled with tension as the knight absorbed my words. Without breaking eye contact, he raised his hand, snapping his fingers with a resounding crack.

         The metal chains that bound me tightened their grip, constricting around my hand with an iron embrace.

         Link by link, they interlocked, forming an impenetrable barrier that further restricted my freedom.

         I was now shackled, my ability to fight back rendered futile by the unyielding chains that bound me.

         “You’re under arrest.” The knight sneered, his voice dripping with contempt, as if relishing in the satisfaction of his perceived victory.

         I refused to dignify his declaration with a response. Instead, I spat at his armor, a physical manifestation of my disdain.

         With a forceful tug of his arm, he compelled me to walk alongside him, my movements restricted by the unrelenting chains that clanged with every step.

         From the sidelines, where the bystanders had gathered, a chorus of cheers erupted, their voices melding into a symphony of misguided praise.

         They hailed the knight as a hero, their gratitude overflowing as they commended the knights for their unwavering commitment to their code.

         That’s all lies, and they don’t even know it.

         The air was filled with the piercing sound of their screams and shouts of happiness, echoing through the surroundings. The knight, seemingly gracious and appreciative, responded with words of gratitude and kindness.

         However, I knew that behind the facade of camaraderie, a web of treachery and deceit was woven, concealed from the knowledge of it all.

         Powerless to intervene, I walked next to him, angered by the unfolding events.

         The image of my lifeless mother haunted my thoughts, intensifying a mixture of anguish and fury within me.

         The thirst for vengeance consumed my being, driving me to the brink of insanity.

         They’ll pay. I’ll expose them, and I’ll make them all pay. Just you wait, you three bastards, I’ll each and every one of you, and I’ll relish in it too.

         Just you wait.

VOLUME END

0