Chapter 42 — Castle Invasion
106 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I lied. The next chapter was in 1 day.

So, somehow this story is #25 on trending. Because of that, bonus chapter(s?).

Chapter 42 — Castle Invasion

Editors: GREETER & PROCRASTINATOR 

[Ei’s POV]

With the mess known as Siren dealt with, we kept moving through the castle. The rate at which we encountered Vampires seemed to increase quite steadily the longer we stayed there.

“Hey, Flandre, if there are this many Vampires, how come seeing them isn't common?” (Ei)

 “That’s because the ones we’ve been killing aren’t full Vampires. They are Lesser Vampires~ Basically, animated corpses or artificial bodies. Despite full Vampires not taking that much mana to form, the soul that goes into the construct isn’t simple. Lesser Vampires are basically puppets.” (Flandre)

“Huh.” (Ei)

So do they have a conscience then? Or is it limited intelligence? Hmmm…

“So, how smart are they?” (Ei)

“Not very~ While full Vampires are like Spirits, lesser Vampires are closer to zombies. Knowledge is scraped from the dead brain by mana and it animates according to that residual data. Most of the time only extreme ideals and instincts survive.” (Flandre)

Interesting. I guess necromancy does the same thing, assuming that exists. I’m going to assume it does considering the amount of undead I’ve encountered. 

“Well, you’ve certainly made it quite far… but I’m afraid this is your end!” (???)

“And, who are you?” (Ei)

“I am the Viscount! General to the great Earl Voltrek! Bow before me, weak Vampires, for I am almost a Vampire Lord!” (The Viscount)

…Neither of us have our wings out, but really?

“Ei, do you want this one or should I?” (Flandre)

“I’ll take him.” (Ei)

This guy isn’t even a Vampire Lord. This should be easy…

“[Fireball]” (Ei) (P/N CLASSIC DnD Wizard move there Ei, now all you have to do is make that the only spell you ever cast!)

Fire springs forth from my hand, forms a ball, and goes flying down the corridor. The Viscount barely dodges, but the ground beneath him is badly charred.

“Not bad, not bad. But you can never compare to me!” (The Viscount)

“Gotta say, you must be pretty daft to not realize who you’re up against. I get that you got exiled along with Earl Voltrek, but still, you can’t recognize your own Shogun?” (Flandre)

“Ehh?” (The Viscount)

The Viscount seems confused. Using the opening Flandre created, I run up behind him and materialize my glaive, bringing it down in an arc across his back.

“GAH!” (The Viscount)

Half of him goes flying in Flandre’s direction while the other collapses onto the ground.

“Oh~ What a nice present you’ve given me~ Let’s play, shall we?” (Flandre)

…Flandre has entered psychopath mode apparently.

“I wonder how you’d feel if I were to reverse the flow of your blood~~ I mean it would help you since you’re losing so much~” (Flandre)

“GGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!” (The Viscount)

Let’s just put him out of his misery…

“[Flame Lance]” (Ei)

“Awww… Ei why’d you ruin my toy? We were going to have so much fun~~” (Flandre)

“Snap out of it.” (Ei)

“Nooooo~~” (Flandre)

“Let’s just get going then…” (Ei)

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

After even more castle traversing, we made it to a dungeon. Why there was a dungeon in the middle of a castle, I cannot say. 

Flandre’s back to normal, by the way.

“Hmm? A prison? Well, let’s save as many of the prisoners as we can.” (Flandre)

“Alright.” (Ei)

Walking along the corridor, there were a lot of empty cells… Are all the prisoners dead?

“Hm… We’ve sent 15 envoys to Earl Voltrek… there had ought to be some here…” (Flandre)

We reached the end of the hall and the final cell there. Inside was a single person.

“Help… me…” (Person)

Considering the position of the dungeon, this could be a trap…

“Flandre, do you know this person?” (Ei)

“Nope~ Doesn’t match anyone we sent.” (Flandre)

“Guess we’ll leave then.” (Ei)

We turned around and left. Seems like this wasn’t an important room.

“WAIT!” (Person)

Oh, it’s the person from before.

“Ha. You stopped. Get them, High Commander!” (Person)

…It was a trap.

The floor beneath us shatters, but the two of us both manage to dodge whatever comes out of it.

“You failed in your job, you useless lackey. Die.” (High Commander)

“GAAAAAAAHHHHH” (Person)

The High Commander turns to us. He’s taller than both of us and has some pretty imposing dark wings on his back. Mine are darker though…

“Well, it seems if both Generals couldn’t stop you, you’re much stronger than the reports. Maybe the Shogunate is finally stepping up its game. I thought the blond one was the Shogun for a second. Anyways, time to fight. I won’t hold back.” (HIgh Commander)

As soon as he finishes talking, I materialize my glaive and slash at him.

“Fast…” (High Commander)

I’m not done yet though. I summon up a storm of ice shards and send them flying at the High Commander. As the shards fly, I move up and let out my wings. 

I need to go faster. 

Breaking the sound barrier, I dash behind him and slash vertically as Cthulhu swings diagonally. 

“Gah!” (High Commander)

The High Commander manages to dodge a bit, but I still leave a large gash on his back. It’ll heal very quickly though…

“Another Vampire Lord? And one that has darker wings than I? I’m impressed. What’s your name? I’m Krov.” (High Commander/Krov)

“Ei.” (Ei)

Krov is an actually decent opponent… but I thought a Vampire Lord would be stronger, considering how ridiculous I am.

Still, the fight goes on. I dash at Krov again, this time aiming for the head, heart, and achillie’s tendon. You can’t block all three locations, can you?

“My leg! Playing dirty, are we?” (Krov)

“[Fireball].” (Ei)

Point blank fireballing sounds like a bad idea, but I can bend the spell around me.

“GGGAAAAAHHHH” (Krov)

Seem’s he’s still alive. Well, let’s start using some hemomancy. I pull out a gallon or so of blood from my item bag and begin to bend it into strings.

“I won’t let you! [Hellfire Storm]!” (Krov)

Six blazing tornados fly throughout the room. My threads of blood burn away, but I have more. 

Forming hundreds more strings of blood, I warp them along the floor, walls, and ceiling. Taking even more strings, I wrap them around Krov’s arms and legs. I made the strings even tougher this time and used flame salamander blood that I found back in the lab so that it can’t be burnt away.

“You… little! GAH!” (Krov)

“Isn’t blood so pretty~?” (Flandre)

Flandre stabbed her hand straight through his chest.

… Flandre entered psychopath mode again.

“Oooo~” (Flandre)

She pulls her hand back a bit. 

“I can feel your heart beating~ let’s have some fun, shall we? Hehe~” (Flandre)

“Get your hands off me!” (Krov)

Flandre rips her hand out of Krov’s chest, bringing his heart and some arteries along with it. 

“Oopsies~” (Flandre)

I would stop Flandre, but these people killed Sylventris. Even if it’s my fault she’s dead, they were the ones behind the attack. 

“Ahhh~ Your heart’s still beating. It looks de~li~cious~!” (Flandre)

As Krov continues to writhe on the floor, Flandre slams her foot onto his face, forcing him to look at her. 

“Watch this~” (Flandre)

And then she shoves the heart into her mouth and swallows it. Blood is dripping from her mouth. Wiping it away, she continues. 

“Ei seems to want me to speed up, so I’ll have to leave you to die here~ I wonder how long you’ll live if I reverse the flow of your blood? I think it’s only a few hours~” (Flandre)

“Eeeg? GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!” (Krov)

“Well let’s go~” (Flandre)

I followed Flandre out of the weird dungeon room. 

I think it’s about time for Voltrek to pay his dues… I’ll make him pay. 

4 in a row. Impossible. Let’s see how long this stays… I have a lot of free time so maybe even more daily updates. Let’s see how high on trending we can get.

11