The Dark One’s Messenger
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The atmosphere had completely changed. It felt as if it was the dawn of darkness, as the King's continued to fight their trembling hands.

"Who... Who are you?" Mado struggled to say, as it took all his courage to meet the being in its eyes.

The being, from what was able to be seen of its face, had Azurian characteristics, with constant black and purple veins pulsing ominously all over its body. It's hair was completely black, with black smoke swirling over its body and under its armpits.

It spoke with a calm demeanor, but a tone that demanded respect. "I am a messenger of the Dark One, one sent to return all life back to them."

The King's were shocked, something they had only heard in ancient tales, was actually real. They also couldn't understand how it could speak their language.

The being saw their confused faces and realized they demanded an explanation. "Mhmm, I see. Your people are ignorant of the Lord, even though a couple of your representatives joined our ranks less than a century ago. Once they join, although we are spread apart, your knowledge, ways and power all become one with the messengers. Only a select few of us, with great iko can retain some part of our consciousness."

He paused and raised his hand towards them. "You have the aptitude to join the ranks. Hold on to your minds, and you may still retain yourself. Otherwise, this is the end of your people."

Four clones of him manifested by his side, then split up and took off, all aiming to wipe out the soldiers on the moon. They began hearing some of their people screaming but they quickly faded away, along with their energy, but they could not move. It was a horrifying moment for them, as they began to feel a pull from within their heart. Calling them to forth into the darkness.

They struggled to look at each other, knowing this was the end. However as fate would have it, it wasn't. Dropping out of the sky and surrounding them, were the Hashin, with an old man in front facing the being.

A female Hashin offered up a comm, for them to equip in their ears. They noticed that they all had one as well, so they decided to trust it. Once the Kings put them on, they began hear what the Hashin were saying.

"Can you, understand me?" The woman asked. They both nodded. She gave them a thumbs up. "Good!" She turned back to her leader, who was still assessing the situation. "They can hear us now."

The old man turned back, and nodded, he had a certain gleam in his eye, and seemed full of energy, as if he was in the spring of his youth. "I'm sorry we're late. I am Akio Rahmanaka, elder of the Rahmanaka clan and ruler of Azuria. Allow us to repel the Dark One's Messenger for you." He said to them, as he turned back smiling with a loose grin.

Mado was shocked, he could feel immense energy coming from the guards surrounding them, but what was an old man doing on the battlefield. "How? We can't even move in that things presence."

He felt Rael's head shake from his peripheral. "No Mado, don't underestimate them." Rael spoke quickly, as he trembled from the thought that had just struck his mind. He could feel it below him, great energy, was being poured into the old man, at an alarming rate. He seemed no more than a civilian, but in a minute, his energy would far surpass the both of them at their peak.

Mado looked down seeing Rael's gaze, then fell silent. The entire moons core, which was stationery had begun to move. Just who had just come to their aid? He thought, flabbergasted.

The Kings could feel fighting all over the moons surface as other Hashin took on the being's clones, allowing their soldiers to get to safety.

Akio stepped forth as two sized each other up. Then he strokes his beard and asked a question that made the being falter a little. "Are you Bao Lei, the Great One?"

The ancient being looked at him surprised. "I should have recognized from your crest. You're descendants of the Rahmanaka Clan aren't you?" He asked him back earnestly.

"Yes ancestor. Our people are still alive and for the most part doing well. Although, we could have used your strength, during that tragic period. Maybe you could have stopped them." Akio strokes his beard once more and took another step forward. What made you disappear so suddenly?"

Bao Lei, sighed. "I took the Hashin, with me and joined the great Rennayan and a machine named Atlas, to defeat a Lost One. The most powerful abnormal on this side of the Universe. However I believe only Atlas and their child were able to escape."

Akio was shocked. "Atlas had a child with the Legendary Rennayan?"

Bao Lei nodded. "So I guess he's still alive. To be able to live that long, I knew he was odd... Yes she cut it out of herself, before we were all taken."

Akio didn't know what say to all of that information, yet he kept his composure and broke into a stance. "Ancestor, thank you for retaining your senses for this long. I know it must have been difficult."

Bao Lei fell silent. He didn't feel good about what he was about to do to his descendants. He was able to ignore the guilt for so long, however now he couldn't help but feel immense guilt.

His right hand began rising by itself, as condensed black volleys manifested all around him. The ground beneath their feet began to rumble, then crack, from the energy he was releasing. Black lightning struck down all around them.

Akio protected the group, from the incoming disaster. "Do not worry, ancestor. We have learned not to depend on darkness for combat, since the days of the Great War following your disappearance."

The amount of confidence brimming from Akio felt contagious, putting Bao Lei at ease. He smiled, an action he had not done in centuries. "Then please end my suffering."

Akio grinned. "Leave it up to me."

That day Akio failed his promise to the Messenger. Their battle which spanned near half the Kirosian Solar System, ended in a draw, as the Bao Lei had expended all of his allotted energy and was called back to replenish.

It would be sometime before he would be able to resume his mission, but during the battle he had hope. That the one he faced along with others from that galaxy might one day be able to defeat him.

Back to present day...

"That was an insane story." Kiala concluded as she let out a loud and rude yawn.

Namia was visibly annoyed. "Hmph, then why are you yawning."

Kiala shook her head as she ate some more foreign biscuits. "I'm just tired, I've been up for a long time you know."

Namia got up from her seat, she was done wasting her time. "Hmph, whatever." She began making her way towards the exit. "Do not leave the castle without my permission, but if you need me, just press the button on door or call for me and I will be there to help you."

Just before she left, she looked back at Kiala, shaking her head. "I don't know why we're treating a prisoner and death-row so nicely."

"Rude." Kiala called out, as the door shut close. Then immediately ran to the windows to check her bearings. The were barred, with all vents in the room, blocked off.

She sighed, then began scoping her entire room for bugs or cameras. She found multiple, in hidden spots, and crushed them immediately. She didn't want anyone finding out about what she was about to do.

Luckily there was a bathroom in her room, making it easier for her not be seen. She locked the door behind her and looked in the mirror, trying to find which tooth was the right one. Then forcefully pulled it out.

She washed off the blood before she took a good look at it. Her mother was very paranoid in her opinion, but she was so thankful for her thoughtfulness.

The tooth was fake, placed in just after she lost her baby teeth. It doubled as a tracker, which only Saphyra knew of, as well as had a lite version of Saphyra, similar to the drone Tobi had on hand.

"Saphyra are you there?" She asked, hoping the device wasn't damaged.

A squeaky cute voice of her from Saphyra spoke up, as the circuits in the tooth brimmed with a low blue light. "Yes Kiala, I am. Are you in trouble?"

"Yes and no. I've been captured and I'm trying to escape. Would you be able to hack a ship, if I'm able to steal one?"

"Of course, I've actually received a signal from my original on my way here. However the instructions were vague and I was only told to record our route, but I was able to connect to the network of the ship you were on. Their schematics and blueprints are very similar to Azurian ships. So it won't be too difficult to navigate one." Saphyra replied back.

Kiala smiled, a plan was coming to mind. "Perfect, let's begin then."

She pocketed the tooth and stepped back out into the room. Making sure first that no one walked in while she was talking. Kiala looked outside of her window, looking around for any gaurds. It was night time, so everyone was starting to go to sleep.

Regardless, it wouldn't matter if she wasn't quick enough. Being armless made it even more difficult. Two chainless cuffs on her ankles and one on her wrist, one wrong move and it would be another lost limb.

Kiala sat down and stretched her legs, placing her hand out and touching the cuff with her bandaged arm stub, then began to channel her iko within her. The cuffs began, beeping and got louder as raised it to the highest point it could reach without setting them off.

Then she struck quick. The stub smashed the cuff apart, simultaneously as she created an arm of ice to grab the ones on her ankles. Breaking them apart as she quickly enveloped all the broken pieces in an ice box, and telekinetic force. All in less than a second.

The cuffs exploded, but were silenced, as her soundproof box worked. Blood dropped down her nose, but she wiped it away. She would have used a gear to be safer, but it would have alerted the people within the castle.

She looked around anxiously hoping no one heard her. Quickly, she walked up to the window, and molded the bars apart for a big enough hole, then touched the glass, a a perfect circle, cut itself out on her command. Carefully she placed down on the floor, then hopped out, into the night sky.

She was free, well not quite, as shook the thought away and began heading in the direction of the hangar. She had kept it in mind as they descended down to the planet. The other ships flew to another parking area, while the Kirosian main ship landed near the palace.

Kiala wanted to get as far away from the castle as possible. She was forced to duck behind bushes and trees, as people and guards were still patrolling the night. However majority of her way was mostly clear.

When she got to the shipyard, one of the ship lights was still on. She heard the sound drilling and clanks of metal, almost making her panic. However she calmed her nerves down and threw her senses forward and was relieved to see that only one person was inside. Most likely a mechanic, she determined.

Kiala looked for a small rock and threw it near the hull door. Moments later the mechanic, came out to check the cause of the disturbance. Quickly, she teleported behind him and choked him to sleep.

"Saphyra." She spoke quietly.

Saphyra chirped back from her pocket. "I'm already on it, just place me close to the main console."

"Right." Kiala nodded, then ran to the cockpit and placed the tooth on the dashboard.

All of the lights in the ship flickered on, as Saphyra gained access to its main computer and hijacked it. The ship turned around and made its way to the runway preparing to fly. However, just in front of it, a large stone wall rose out of nowhere, obstructing it's path.

Then a second later, Tisgo, Delgan, Tose, and Namia, all appeared standing above it, with Dema sitting down, laughing hysterically. They all stared at her through the glass window of the cockpit.

"I told you she'd try and escape." Delgan looked over at Namia with a smug smile.

"Shut your mouth." Namia replied back, then resumed back to glaring at Kiala.

Kiala started to sweat. This wasn't looking good. "Saphyra, how much time till the ship's ready. "It just need 2-3 minutes to warm up the engines."

"Dammit! Ok, I'll buy us some time, in the meantime, get the ship into the air as fast as possible." She looked back at the five in front of her, weighing her options. "I'll teleport back on board, after knocking them out."

"Roger." Saphyra replied, then tuned back to work.

Kiala prepared herself and sealed her resolve, then teleported out high above the five. Glaring back at them.

Namia, changed her expression, welcoming the challenge. "You thought you could escape?"

Kiala manifested an arm made out of ice in placed of her missing arm, then placed her hands back, gathering up hundreds of ignitable rocks. Her eyes glimmered with hope, she was only a step away.

"Watch me." She replied.

0