The Beyond – Kirosian War
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The muzzle fire was constant, with both sides refusing to give up. Lasers, missiles and bombs went off, at nearly every military and communications post all over Alta. The forces of Beyond pressed on, slowly but surely aiming for their goal.

However, they underestimated the might of all the battle honed warriors of Kiros. Their abilities far outclassed the technology available to them and it was only a matter of time before they would be outnumbered by people of Alta.

In space, they had much better luck, keeping a stalemate, of the amount of warships, still afloat. With each captain having private battles, against an enemy ship. Trying outsmart each other, to sink their ship first.

The Kirosian space fleet sent jets and shuttles out, with modified cannons for elemental users to fire out of. Causing more havoc for the soldiers of the Federation.

Selvin answered an incoming call amid bombardment. The Prometheus had just dipped back up into space joining the fight, but Selvin had them, hold back a bit to receive the people accompanied by Sarah's drone. He was surprised to be meeting more Messian's, and more surprised to be hearing the old version of Sarah he hadn't heard in a while.

"Selvin, Tobi left a message for you." She said, as he nodded and walked up to his post, tuning into his comm.

"All units! The directive has changed. I have just received an order from the Commander." He took a deep breath, then delivered the instructions. "Your orders are as follows, dismantle and demilitarize the Kirosian Empire!"

Half an hour before the execution...

Tobi gathered the people of Messian village, to the center room of their makeshift spaceship. They looked at him wondering what was going to happen.

"As I told you all last night, I felt my daughter's presence on this planet." He pointed at a planet they were approaching on a space map, Sarah was beaming out. "I have no intention of putting your lives in danger. At first I thought it would be best to keep the ship up here, while I go down and rescue her, but Sarah has picked up, signals, coming from an armada from my home planet. Who are on their way here."

He looked around the room as the people murmured among themselves, anxious about the situation. He cleared his throat gaining their attention once again. "Do not worry. They are probably on their way here for the same goal as I am. And that would be to rescue her. Among them should be a large ship, called the Prometheus. They will take care of you and get you to your new home."

The crowd seemed relieved, murmuring some more amongst themselves. Tobi placed his hand out, waving to get their attention. "The confrontation was inevitable, but it seems my people have come prepared. This might become an all-out war that may decide, the fate of my people. With that being said, if any of you would like to join in on the effort, you may come down with me to the planet."

Sarah spoke up interrupting him. "I've intercepted a transmission that is being broadcasted to the whole planet." She took a moment to beam it out. "Take a look."

Tobi watched, as Mado spoke to his people, making his blood boil. Then Kiala took to the stands and he could no longer watch anymore. He stepped away, making some room for himself.

"Sorry, please give me some room." He indicated for the villagers to make some space. Then reached his hand out to his side, gathering together energy, along with dirt and rocks from the walls of the ship. They morphed together into a spear, molting as it was set on fire and filled with electricity, then he cased it in a film ice, perfectly holding it all together.

"Battle Arts, Warrior's Spear!" He threw it, while shifting into third gear, putting his back into it, as it seemed as though it would crash through the walls. However it disappeared, making its way down to the planet.

He turned back looking at the group. "That transmission may be delayed. Any of you who want to join me, now would be the best time to go."

Ria stepped forward first. "Will my brother be down there?"

Tobi looked at Sarah, she shifted her drone, indicating a 'no' that she still hadn't received word from the Prometheus yet. Tobi looked back. "I'm not sure yet, but I do feel a familiar iko down on the planet."

Ria seemed worried. "I'm coming with you-"

"You can't- I mean you have to stay back and protect our people." Kiatin spoke up, disagreeing with her. "We'll go in your stead and bring him back.

Ria shook her head. "No Kiatin, I know what you're trying to do, but I need to make sure he's safe myself. Besides Tobi said his people will take care of them and I trust Tobi!"

Kiatin looked around struggling as he thought of what to say, but Jinco and Rani stepped up. "If that's what Ria wishes, so be it. I also believe Tobi on their hospitality, since we took care of him, I'm sure this let orçao will put in a good word for us." Jinco said as he pet Sarah's drone. She glowed in an affectionate manner.

Rani chipped in, holding Kiatin back. "Kiatin, if this fight might affect our people, we should to help out however we can. The seniors can hold the ship up long enough to get off.

"I agree, they will be fine and I don't want to miss this chance." Ria concluded, shaking her head then walked over and put a hand on Tobi's shoulder. "I want to see my brother."

Jinco followed up, then Rani, holding out a hand to Kiatin. He gritted his teeth, then shook his head and grabbed her hand, a bit annoyed. "Fine then, let's go."

Tobi stayed quiet letting everything unfold, then looked at passengers one more time. "You'll be safe, I promise. Just follow Sarah and pray for our victory." He then looked over at the drone, floating in front of the crowd. "Sarah, keep hailing the Prometheus. Get in touch with Selvin or Saphyra and tell them to change the directive."

Sarah glowed as he talked to her, then asked him back. "What are your orders?"

"I want the complete destruction of the Kirosian Empire. Tell them, that today Kiros falls!" He spoke in the most serious tone, the villagers had ever seen from him.

Sarah did her version of a nod. "Roger."

Then with multiple cracks in the air Tobi and his group disappeared.

Present time Kiros Alta...

"Where have you been?" Kiala asked, worriedly.

Tobi smiled, then looked over at Sora, who had been staring at him weird. She felt a part of her relieved to see him, but couldn't explain why. She knew him, from the posters of him & Osei at Beyond HQ and from the news, however seeing him in person brought a sense of comfort and lifted a burden she had felt, was too large to bear.

Tobi glanced back at Kiala's eyes. She had dark circles below them, and seemed more fatigued than she should be. His blood started to boil, when he saw her arm missing and the bruises and marks, that the makeup maids put on her, failed to hide.

"I'll tell you all about it later. What happened to your arm?" He asked, concerned.

Kiala looked down at were her hand was supposed to be and rubbed her arm. "With me and you gone, I had to give it up, so that Earth would have a chance."

Tobi gritted his teeth, while gripping his fists tight, as they bled. The ground around them began to shake as dark clouds gathered. He couldn't believe he had left her in this position. Kiala noticed and tapped his arm, smiling.

"It's ok Dad. I'm fine." Her smile, reassured him a little, but he still couldn't forgive himself. However he decided to let go, calming himself down.

"You're right. We'll discuss this later." He glanced over at Sora. "Sora."

"You know of me?" She responded.

He smiled. "Yes of course, the great hero of Earth, how could I not?"

She smiled back, blushing as he continued. "I wanted to ask you... Can you defeat him?"

Her expression returned back to normal, as she locked eyes with him. "Of course."

Tobi nodded acknowledging her. "Then, take Kiala with you."

Sora frowned and shook her head. "I can't babysit a child-"

"She's more than just a child. She gave her arm for the future of humanity and was nearly executed in my stead." He retorted.

"But-"

"No." He shook his head. "Don't worry about it too much. She can handle herself."

Kiala didn't know how to comprehend what she was feeling at the moment. She was happy to see her Dad again and the fact that he was standing up for her this way, made her feel even more elated. 'Is this what they call a father's approval?' She thought to herself as she gleed happily.

She looked up at him as Tobi glanced back at her. "Right?" He asked her.

She nodded beaming at him. "Right! Don't worry, we got this."

He nodded back, smiling, then turned back facing the direction Mado was approaching in. Kiala stepped back seeing him in a new light and feeling more motivated than ever.

"Promise me." She asked.

He looked back, raising an eyebrow. "Promise what?"

She shook her head, looking down at her feet. "I just got to the Orange Town arc... Promise... that when we go back, you'll catch up and watch it with me."

Tobi smiled, realizing what she was talking about. "So you've started it... Of course I'll watch it with you." He replied with the biggest grin.

She turned around, with her face flushed red and spoke to Sora. "Let's go."

They took off together, leaving Tobi there, just as Mado arrived.

"You've grown stronger." Were the king's first words to him as he landed back in Tobi's vicinity.

Tobi smirked, looking at his sword. "I had no other choice."

"Hmph, it would seem so. When I saw you bawling over your brother, I had thought you'd put down the blade for good, but you have surprised me." He raised his sword at him. "What have you decided? Do you plan on becoming a conqueror or not?"

Tobi was annoyed partially to the fact that he saw his vulnerable display on Rennaya. His expression had turned serious, as he remembered all the things, the king did. "I still have no idea what you are talking about, but I know one thing for sure. There is only one language you understand."

Mado laughed out loud. "...And what is that?" He asked, before quickly pulling his sword back to block Tobi's strike.

"Violence." Tobi replied, while he pressed down harder, erupting flames over his blade, as he shifted into third gear.

Flying towards Rael's position...

Sora looked Kiala over, as they flew silently amid explosions setting off in the distance. "I believe I was told that you are my daughter. Along with your injuries, I have mixed feelings about you, being here."

Kiala frowned, looking back at her. "You're a warrior first and the champion of Earth. Don't let it bother you."

However Sora still felt uneasy, and stood her ground. "They gathered here for you. This war was started to free you, from their chains. If you get captured again, all of their efforts will be in vain."

Kiala was starting to get annoyed. "This war is bigger than me!" She stopped flying as she swung her hand around, furious. "Right now is our best chance to defeat them. If they gather up and come to Earth in full force, we won't stand a chance!"

She gritted her teeth, as Sora started to back off. "Everyone is fighting for their lives out there. With my dad back, I'm no longer the only source, so let me fight too!"

Just then, an immense pressure seemingly dropped down all around them, as they got into high alert. Rael came into view, with a blood vessel nearly popping out of his forehead, out of anger. "Don't worry, you can both die together."

Ended up finishing the chapter faster than I thought. So here's an early release! Planning out this war is exhausting and tricky lol. I got too much to keep up with as I'm trying to stay consistent.

0