1
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a beautiful starry night, just as it always is in this place. I, a vampire with a chainsaw, was tending to my hedge maze as usual, pruning and planting, digging, the same old.

It had been a while since I've tasted human blood, I thought. I miss that warm sensation on my fangs. Ever since I ended up here I've had the constant urge to drink blood. Of course, that's not all, I have many abilities I could only dream of before. I can fly, my senses are sharper than my gardening tools, I don't need to eat or drink, and as far as I'm aware, I'm invulnerable. Never have I had a flesh wound since I found myself lost in this realm.

But is it all really worth it? It does come at a precious price, after all. I need human blood to survive, well at least I think it has to be human... I haven't seen any animals here... And I'm not sure what happens if I don't drink any...

I guess contemplating this is the only thing I can do while walking around and tend to my hedge maze. Oh, how it was when I first got here. Nothing but a little patch of bush on an even smaller floating island, swimming in a sea of purple hues, decorated by glistering stars.

I cut, branch by branch, making my maze look as perfect as possible. It's not as if I get to do anything else here. It's a surprisingly nice way to spend my time.

I feel the throb of a bottomless pit at the back of my throat. I am hungry... It has been a long while since I've had a visitor. How long exactly...? Huh, I don't know... Well, I don't really bother to keep track of time anymore. I've been stuck here for far too long. I simply don't care.

I wonder, if I stop drinking blood, will I die...? Would that put an end to my cursed existence?

I halt my slow pace and look up at the infinite sky. I'm tired. I need to rest... I drop down and lean on the giant hedge wall. Who knew they could grow to such proportions?

I sit awhile. My mind empty and my body frozen. I can move and I can get up, but I simply do not want to. I look over to the morbid ornaments I stuck to the maze, the remains of past guests. Just what have I turned into?

I continue to stare into the empty abyss beyond my eyes, until I'm jolted awake. I hear it. Bustling. Something moving. Not far away. A smile creeps itself onto my face. I smell fresh young blood.

My bat wings spread far and wide as I silently fly up into the foggy sky. I have been overcome by bloodlust. I cannot control myself! This always happens when someone enters...

I rush toward the source of the sound and, I see it. A sack of blood waiting for me... I rev my chainsaw from high up in the sky. The blood is always sweeter when they're scared, fighting for their life...

The little one freezes like a deer. He frantically looks around, trying to find where the sound is coming from. Well, it isn't like he is going to spot me, I have done this hundreds of times.

I kept flying around, making more and more noise. I could smell it. I could feel it. He was full of anxiety, fear, uncertainty. Oh, how appetizing!

Terrified and shaking, he is unable to move. Ah! But that is no fun! I needed him to run, I need him to struggle!!

My instincts scream. Devour! Feast! Drink! I show myself and he instantly spots me, squealing in horror at my sight. He dashes headfirst in the first direction he sees. The hunt is on!

I dive towards the ground, cracking it with a loud boom. He doesn't dare look back, running even faster. Revving my chainsaw, I give chase.

I hear it. The thump of his heart. The flow of his voluptuous blood. The delicious red tint on his skin. The overwhelming smell of fear overpowering the stench of cut hedge leaves.

I laugh. I screech and I laugh in pleasure. I cannot contain myself. After all this time, finally. I'll take my sweet time. I shall savor this feeling.

"Aargh, get away from me!" he yells, sweet music to my ears! "What do you want from me?!" he pleads and weeps. Oh, this day is getting better and better!

I keep chasing him. And it looks like he is getting tired. That's fine, we're coming to a dead end anyway.

The aroma of horror assaults my nose as he sees the towering hedge wall. He turns to face me, ready to fight now that he's backed into a corner.

FOOL! I toss my chainsaw, narrowly missing his head and getting it wedged within the hedge's wall. "AHHHHH!" he screams his juicy lungs out.

A perverse grin paints my face as I slam him onto the ground. He hits the solid gravel with a pained groan. I pin him down, feeling his salivating saccharine flesh underneath my fingertips.

I sense his blood gnashing each time he hits me, the odor of despair getting stronger and stronger each time I refuse to budge, no matter how hard he kicks and punches.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" he cries, "STOP!" he squirms as tears roll down his eyes. Snot forms and oozes from every crevasse of his. So good!

I cannot wait any loner, I open my mouth and reveal my sharp fangs. He can only look in horror. He knows what awaits him. "No...!" he pleads. "Please, don't!" I get closer and closer.

He wiggles like a worm, trying desperately to escape my grasp. He continues brawling in vain as I slowly itch closer to his neck. "UGHHH!" he struggles.

My fangs pierce his skin and I, after a long time, feel the warmth and satiating tinge of blood. Each inch of my body sings in ecstasy as I drink every last drop of red nectar. Finally, after so long... I feel oh so complete!

As I drain each and every last droplet of life-force, he loses his tenacity. His warmth leaves his body, and he is soon turned into a withered corpse.

0