{vol.1} Prologue
331 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
If you notice any errors, please don't hesitate to point them out.

 

As a kid, I was taught that hard work always pays off.

My grandparents lived by the motto that one should love his neighbors like oneself.

I always followed this motto.

When I was in kindergarten, I gave my sweets to the other children.

Throughout my school years, I was always class president and among the top 3 of the year.

After I graduated from school, I studied and got a good job as a banker.

So why? WHY?

`Why do I have leukemia now?` I thought angrily after the doctor told me my test results.

Recently, I have been feeling weaker and weaker, getting heart palpitations.

At first, I thought this might be due to overwork, but I soon realized this couldn't be the reason.

In desperation, I went to the doctor, who did all kinds of tests with me.

And now? I have leukemia.

That alone would be bad, but this is just the cherry on the cake.

Since my leukemia was discovered too late, my cancer has already spread.

Now, organs like the spleen, liver, kidney, and intestines are also affected.

My doctor was amazed that I was still in such a good condition.

"I'm sorry", he tried to give me sympathy.

"What are my chances?" I asked, knowing the answer already.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Parker.  I don't want to lie to you, even if we could still treat you, it would cost a lot of money."

`Money? FUCKING MONEY!` I thought angrily. My life is in danger, and this is about money?

Of course, I understood that it wasn't the doctor's fault, but at that moment, I just needed a target for my anger.

He bowed his head to avoid making eye contact with me. I could clearly see that he felt guilty.

"I'm sorry, it's just all a bit too much," I excused myself to the doctor.

Every kind of emotion came up in me, whereby one or the other tear left my eyes.

Disappointment, anger, fear. I didn't know what to think.

Leaving the hospital, I ignored the traffic and crossed the street blindly.

Once I was in the middle of the road, I realized my mistake, however, it was already too late.

Turning to the right, I saw a car heading towards me.

`Should I rejoice that I don't have to go through all the pain?`

At that moment, I didn't know whether I should rejoice for not having to suffer all the pain that would follow.

*Boom*

This was the day I left this world without knowing that this wouldn't be the end of my journey.

 

 

3